Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

James__10 wrote: »
    Moved into a new house which has no internet at the minute and won't be for the foreseeable future. I'm already with GoMo but thinking about ordering another sim for SkyQ box and Netflix and YouTube? Would 80gb a month be enough?

Not a chance, Netflix on a TV will eat that data allowance in a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭micks_address

Question on the data setting. I ported the family three iPhones from eir and the apn was myeir instead of my meteor..was working ok but wife couldn't get any data today outside house. Changed apn to mymeteor and seems to be working now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Question on the data setting. I ported the family three iPhones from eir and the apn was myeir instead of my meteor..was working ok but wife couldn't get any data today outside house. Changed apn to mymeteor and seems to be working now...

I Have a iphone data speeds not good but my APN saids data.myeirmoble.ie.
    speed test just now 0.04 download 1.12 upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Is voicemail free on Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Is voicemail free on Gomo?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Any one know how much it cost to divert calls to another number?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Any one know how much it cost to divert calls to another number?

Providing it’s another Irish landline or mobile then it should be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Trying to set up voicemail. Ringing 171, it doesn't recognise my phone number at all. Anyone have similar problems? Pressed # to use my own number and also entered it manually. Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Providing it’s another Irish landline or mobile then it should be free.

Isn't there always a divert charge on call diverts though? So the minutes might not be chargeable but there'll be a few cents charged for every call diverted?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

dollylama wrote: »
    Isn't there always a divert charge on call diverts though? So the minutes might not be chargeable but there'll be a few cents charged for every call diverted?
    No, I have a divert running at no extra cost to me. It didn't cost anything extra when I was with Eir either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Regarding Hotmail email addresses - just received this reply from their customer service
    They’re ‘not sure’ what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

xraylady wrote: »
    Regarding Hotmail email addresses - just received this reply from their customer service
    They’re ‘not sure’ what the problem is.

The problem is MS are blocking GoMo emails. Eir need to engage with MS on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JoeCat

Has anyone had the issue when porting from Eir top up?

" Your port is rejected as there is already a move in progress for this number in donor network Meteor. Please schedule the port again or contact donor operator."

There was no port in in progress as the error message says and it failed already 2 times... I have no idea what to do. GoMo are saying that they are not able to do the port for me, so I am stuck paying but the number doesn't port in. (Already a month and a half like that!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Can anyone send me the details how to get / set up voice mail NUM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

jobless wrote:
    Can anyone send me the details how to get / set up voice mail NUM?

Dial 171 & follow instructions.

My phone has now stop making or receiving calls ,turned phone off and on, coverage ok, account not suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭✭kippy

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    My phone has now stop making or receiving calls ,turned phone off and on, coverage ok, account not suspended.

Have you tried the SIM in another phone?
    Airplane mode or anything like that not enabled accidently by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Dial 171 & follow instructions.

Thing is people dial 171 and when asked for a number the tend to put is eather sim number or other numbers rather than a new pass number.

Then They get confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

There seems to be an issue with ported numbers and voicemail.

When I dial 171 to setup voicemail it says

Press # if dialling from own number or the number if dialling from another phone. When I press # it says you have put in the wrong number and to set up mailbox got to 171.

But I have just dialled 171 from the number.

Gomo then told me via email to dial ##002# to set up voicemail

I did this and the phone said Call forwarding ALL erasure was successful

I then tried 171 again but the problem is still the same as above.

Has anyone any idea how to resolve this issue please

kippy wrote: »
    Have you tried the SIM in another phone?
    Airplane mode or anything like that not enabled accidently by any chance?

All settings good,will try another phone,don't know why its stopped now.

Tried another phone still the same,could a network go down in a area for bad weather? it was working when i got the sim 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I have ordered two SIM cards to give to two different family members. I am wondering if is possible to set up separate payments for each or do they have to be linked to the same card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Would anyone know if there is an alternative form of ID they would accept if I don't have a driver's licence or passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

I have ordered two SIM cards to give to two different family members. I am wondering if is possible to set up separate payments for each or do they have to be linked to the same card?

The two SIM cards will be charged to the same card that originally paid for them on the order. This can be changed by going into the GOMO account for each SIM, go to MY GOMO, My Payments, then there is a section for Manage my Cards, where you can add a new card for payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If both SIMs are linked to the same gomo login then the payment will come from the payment card linked to that gomo account. In order to have separate payment sources for each SIM, a separate gomo account for each SIM would be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just loaded mygomo sim into a dual xiaomi Mi 9T phone.
    Says 4G but nothing on speedtest, 0.07 Download

Looks to be full bars and says 4g.
    Its like it's not registering... Any help... I've tried searching this thread

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just loaded mygomo sim into a dual xiaomi Mi 9T phone.
    Says 4G but nothing on speedtest, 0.07 Download

Looks to be full bars and says 4g.
    Its like it's not registering... Any help... I've tried searching this thread

OK so I made a call and now I can just see the h+ thing beside the signal and it says I'm getting 6 mb down now

OK so I made a call and now I can just see the h+ thing beside the signal and it says I'm getting 6 mb down now

And it's back to nothing. I'm getting 40+mb down on my Vodafone sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Does anyone know if I can decide to port after trying out the sim for a few days or must I decide to keep my number when doing original signup?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can decide to port after trying out the sim for a few days or must I decide to keep my number when doing original signup?

Yes I tested for 3 Weeks before porting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

And it's back to nothing. I'm getting 40+mb down on my Vodafone sim

Can you use both SIM cards in a dual phone for internet ? Thought you had to designate one or the other. Might be a conflict there .

Advertisement