Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Strumms wrote: »
    All big fûcking gruff personality voides, trust would be an issue too. For whatever strengths there were a good number of weaknesses, in fact I wouldn’t even want to have a pint or a cup of tea with a single one of them...

Leo seems on the face of it a nice enough fella, he’s far better talented at talking PR and at damage limitation. But when you scratch away the varnish he’s cut very much of the same cloth. Covid has exposed his weaknesses and that of his colleagues.

Cannot really disagree with you there, Simon Harris has really stepped up to the plate while Leo slinks in to the background
    Trump may be a buffoon but he is front and center every night whether you want to see him or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Nobody on the road
    Nobody on the beach
    I feel it in the air
    The summer's out of reach

Empty lake, empty streets
    The sun goes down alone
    I'm driving by your house
    And can't go in though you're home

thanks needed that too late at night to be trawling through legislation. nite all
    ps originally fines were fifty punts or 3 months in jail!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/04/200406125507.htm

94% of cases worldwide likely going undetected. Thought that Germany is catching about 15% of infections, while the Uk and Spain are finding only about 1-2% of infections

Seems like a dead link.

Most definitely NSFW - he is a little bit emotional about this, think he may have something against kids

https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/status/1247680016160370693

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

fritzelly wrote: »
    Second wave in this instance is there is not enough herd immunity to stop a mass infection happening
    Major mutations in RNA viruses are rare (not foregoing the human to animal transmission and back again which could shake things up)
    Flu is an RNA virus the same as coronavirus - barely changes each year

I don't even think you are even going get waves just a continuation of the same thing like a grass fire that you eliminated but an ember in the wind starts it up somewhere else

If you ease up some of the restrictions too soon you going have outbreaks again, then they will have to shut everything down ...again. It just gets into a repeating cycle and draws it out, until there is a vaccine available then international travel and most normal social activities are on hold. Anyone who doesn't have immunity is considered a walking health hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Most definitely NSFW - he is a little bit emotional about this, think he may have something against kids

Surely this can't be real? Him pulling out the gun at the end as a threat against kids on the street...?

EDIT: Someone on Twitter said he's from Washington and makes crazy videos. His uniform also has the US flag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/04/200406125507.htm

94% of cases worldwide likely going undetected. Thought that Germany is catching about 15% of infections, while the Uk and Spain are finding only about 1-2% of infections

No link

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

rm212 wrote: »
    Surely this can't be real? Him pulling out the gun at the end as a threat against kids on the street...?

EDIT: Someone on Twitter said he's from Washington and makes crazy videos. His uniform also has the US flag.

I'm still afraid he's going to grab me by the dick and nuts and twist. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,899 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I wouldn’t be against a similar response here, from an Taoiseach or indeed the Gardai coming out and fronting up in public.

It’s all a bit too cuddley and fuzzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"So far from being a pro-privacy quotation, if anything, it's a pro-taxation and pro-defense spending quotation."
    indeed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Strumms wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be against a similar response here, from an Taoiseach or indeed the Gardai coming out and fronting up in public.

It’s all a bit too cuddley and fuzzy.

Too busy answering the phone, wasting ppe equipment for a photo etc to be worried about helping.

His PR company will have a statement tomorrow or Thurs to let us know we won't be going anywhere for a few weeks. People will say what an amazing job he is doing and how good the speech was.

People forget alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭This is it

Leo is doing such an amazing job, and his speeches, my word.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Too busy answering the phone, wasting ppe equipment for a photo etc to be worried about helping.

His PR company will have a statement tomorrow or Thurs to let us know we won't be going anywhere for a few weeks. People will say what an amazing job he is doing and how good the speech was.

People forget alot.

And some ignore a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

This is it wrote: »
    Leo is doing such an amazing job, and his speeches, my word.

Sarcasm? (Asking for a friend)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭This is it

NSAman wrote: »
    Sarcasm? (Asking for a friend)

Ah, half messing with the poster above me. I do think the government in general are doing a decent job though but I did vote FG in the last election.

USA just over 400,000 confirmed cases now, +33,331 in the last 24 hours.

if my calculations are correct, should be at half a million in around 3 days

Their numbers are all over the place - maybe down to individual states releasing their numbers
    It's probably the one country in the world where you could not draw any conclusions about infections and when they may hit their peak

Serious modelling going on there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lwaker.

Cannot really disagree with you there, Simon Harris has really stepped up to the plate while Leo slinks in to the background
    Trump may be a buffoon but he is front and center every night whether you want to see him or not :D

Trump is there in a self serving fashion

Did find it weird today when leo said the Garda commissioner would decide what to do

• Advertisement

Lwaker. wrote: »
    Trump is there in a self serving fashion

Did find it weird today when leo said the Garda commissioner would decide what to do

Well ultimately it is up to him to agree to abide by the directions, don't need the blue flu right now

Not at all relevant to Ireland but Vietnam is still doing extremely well. Probably the best of any normal non-Pacific island sort of country. The ability to take measures entirely unpalatable to most countries seems to be paying off. I'd say normal inward flights are mostly done for a long time and any that will be allowed will have forced two-week quarantine.

There is a ticking timebomb though because of an outbreak at a hospital last week or the week before. The response to that was extremely controversial with prominent people in government publicly criticising it. Huge uproar on social media as well. From reading about it, it feels like there was a breakdown in the power structure and local authorities acted outside of what the government wanted and before they could be stopped. They moved five thousand patients to other hospitals, and if it goes wrong, it was an enormous mistake and heads will roll. "Releasing chickens and chasing after them" is how one politician worded it.

Happy enough to be riding it out here. Brother lives in the same apartment building so not lonely. Lots of cooking. Lots of coding. Lots of beers. Shops fully stocked and getting half pay for sitting at home. A private tracker I'm on has pretty much all of the Great Courses content so I'm spending some time every day watching lectures. At the moment, I'm making my way through The Rise of Rome. My brother has started learning Javascript so I'm helping him with that, and another friend wants to learn Python and SQL for a possible future in data analysis so I'll do that with him.

This is a very good time to be learning something and I'd recommend https://www.freecodecamp.org to anyone interested in coding. There are also great Excel courses that can legitimately help your career. People think it's like magic when you're good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Something drastic needs to be done quickly around the issue of careers looking after patients in their own home. Home Helps make the difference that allow vulnerable people to remain at home instead of being in a nursing home, which is what we want. But, they can visit up to 6 different households in a day which creates massive rosk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

rm212 wrote: »

Plus Uganda has 54 cases and no deaths recorded yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭893bet

These rants have turned into a “challenge” almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭JRant

For the 2019/2020 flu season the CDC in the US has estimated the following:
    Up to 55 million people infected, 730,000 hospitalised, and 63,000 dead.

The US and Italy both seem to get hit with very hard flu seasons and there seems to be a correlation between this and the rapid rise of COVID19 cases.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Plus Uganda has 54 cases and no deaths recorded yet.

Can't record hospital deaths if you don't have a hospital perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Gynoid wrote: »
    tragic.
    please Hse/simon/leo/paul get the blasted antibody tests up and running so you can get an army of volunteers who are now immune to be able to sit with those who are dying. So familys feel comforted and doctors can doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

893bet wrote: »
    These rants have turned into a “challenge” almost.

Apparently his wife ran away with a 15 year old schoolboy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement