Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK response to Covid-19 [MOD WARNING 1ST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A lot of these journalists have been shouted at, blinded and f'ed at by Cummings in private.

Apparently he's a horrible person away from the cameras.

Good at his job but horrible attitude.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

robinph wrote: »
    DVLA need to revoke his licence.

Driving non stop to Durham. Driving for 30 minutes to test his eyesight.

Wife suddenly struck down with illness and highly likely the same will soon happen to him, yet hours of motorway driving was seemingly a good idea.

You must take a break after 4.5 hours no matter what, I'd argue you should take breaks more often if you are unwell or feeling ill, if you are driving at all.

Durham to London in 4.5 hours might be possible in good traffic and if it's from the outer part of London, but even now Google estimated 4 hours 53 minutes from the centre of London.

Also driving with impaired vision on a public road to test your eyesight is not exactly sensible driving. Do it on private land if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Boris must be bricking it if this is going as bad as it sounds like

Whatever you're thinking is, well you're wrong, it's going so much worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Could hardline Brexiteer tory backbenchers go the next step and call for Bj's resignation, even putting that hard brexit that they do crave at risk?

Even if 20 or 30 Tory MPs rebelled, BoJo's majority is so vast that he'd survive it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watching this now on sky news.....I didn't think this was possible.....but I actually think he is making this worse....

Badly dodging the questions with regards other times he broke lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Wow dom. You're so great. Thank you.

Now fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Cummings on his drive to the castle!

EY4GcpgWAAIRfdw?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Media blaming, straight out of the Trump playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭threeball

Enzokk wrote: »
    She doesn't drive it seems and she looks after their child as well as who would have cared for the child if she was ill?

Also, he keeps saying he needed to get back to work. Someone obviously believes they are irreplaceable.

He didn't want to look after his own kid so desperately he drove 350km to avoid having to :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

frankfurtgermany-aug-21shell-oil-truck-260nw-314405711.jpg

Pictures now released of his vehicle that he travelled to Durham in without stopping for fuel.

I dont think any of this matters. Boris has no choice but to keep Cummings, even if he has to spend his entire political capital to do so. He'll be completely lost without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is this a bit weird, him basically answering the same questions over and over again with the last hour almost.

When I was typing the above , I was thinking wouldn't it be beneficial if our own politicians were held accountable like this guy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Missed the first part. Was his wife ill before they went up to Durham. If she was, why was Cummings not isolating instead of scooting out of No 10 when Boris was diagnosed?

In fact, is there a chance that Mary gave it to Dom and Dom gave it to BoJo? All due to ignoring the isolation rules

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

A lot of these journalists have been shouted at, blinded and f'ed at by Cummings in private.

Apparently he's a horrible person away from the cameras.

Good at his job but horrible attitude.

When you hear the likes of Steve Baker talking about how destructive he is, you know there's something going on. He's just extremely entitled and according to Baker, doesn't really answer to anyone. Wonder does he have something on Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

wow says that he has made mistakes but doesnt think he made mistakes at anytime over the 14 days, the arrogance is dripping off him

I dont think any of this matters. Boris has no choice but to keep Cummings, even if he has to spend his entire political capital to do so. He'll be completely lost without him.

Can't see him keeping him after this. Its been a car crash

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's like the interview questions about "what are your weaknesses?"

"if anything it's that I'm too good"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Apparently we shouldn't be believing everything we see on TV or read in newspapers. By the way, I forgot when Turkey gets inaugurated into the EU.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Beasty wrote: »
    Missed the first part. Was his wife ill before they went up to Durham. If she was, why was Cummings not isolating instead of scooting out of No 10 when Boris was diagnosed?

In fact, is there a chance that Mary gave it to Dom and Dom gave it to BoJo? All due to ignoring the isolation rules

If only they had gotten on top of contact tracing.

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    When you hear the likes of Steve Baker talking about how destructive he is, you know there's something going on. He's just extremely entitled and according to Baker, doesn't really answer to anyone. Wonder does he have something on Johnson.
    I think it's clear he has a lot on Johnson....he knows where the bodies are buried.

The drive to Durham castle for 30 minutes...to see if he could drive to London...complete and utter BS....shameless

threeball wrote: »
    Can't see him keeping him after this. Its been a car crash

But I cant see him parting with him either. I believe him to be completely dependent upon Cummings, and will be too scared of facing into the future without him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd say he absolutely hates being taken to task like this.
    The way he winces when he's asked questions. I'd say he's dying to say "fcuk off you silly lower classes"

robinph wrote: »
    It's like the interview questions about "what are your weaknesses?"

"if anything it's that I'm too good"
    "I work too hard"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

threeball wrote: »
    If only they had gotten on top of contact tracing.

That app they are testing in the Isle of White would have pinged everyone he's been near - that would have been a storyperhaps exonerated him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

gmisk wrote: »
    I think it's clear he has a lot on Johnson....he knows where the bodies are buried.

The drive to Durham castle for 30 minutes...to see if he could drive to London...complete and utter BS....shameless

Yeah that's total nonsense. If that tweet about that same day being his wife's birthday is true, then it just shows how arrogant these people are. Quite worrying that Johnson is obviously so dependent on this guy.

I can do what I want....I was exercising my judgement....great....free for all time!

Lot of those fines can be challenged surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

He's full of ****, caught by the bollox when asked what he would say to those conservative voters in Durham that want him out.

There is no way around this now, he has to resign or be told to go.

• Advertisement

But I cant see him parting with him either. I believe him to be completely dependent upon Cummings, and will be too scared of facing into the future without him

Bojo could be short lived himself after this. Hes not really cut out for it. Way too many skeletons and very few in the cupboards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement