Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

obi604 wrote: »
    I don’t get you here. If you reverse in, is it not relatively easy.

No, the cable won't reach the charge port on the passenger side. I've been a victim of this many times in the Ioniq. The cable is just too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,025 ✭✭✭✭unkel

jprboy wrote: »
    I see.....

So, would you recommend that the new owner replace it?

Asking for a friend ;)

That is a good question. Personally I might have just left it until the first sign of any electrical issue / trouble. But that would make one feel like a fool if it got you stuck somewhere knowing this might happen (even though you can get a free tow) and you could have prevented it for the sake of fifty quid (this is of course no dig at irishgrover, just meant if that happened to me, with me knowing that the battery might have issues)

OTOH any long trip the new owner did - even the trip back home from my house to another part of the country - and the alternator dc-dc converter (providing a 14.5V boost to the battery for hours on end) might have pretty much revived it

I guess it depends on the new owner's attitude to risk. Battery might well last another few years. Or you might have an issue tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭eagerv

If the leaf wasn't there I presume there would be no problem reversing in.

In Waterford at Ballybrickan there is a type 2 with similar angled parking; easy to drive in but I had to reverse in which could be a problem, as it's in the middle of a sort of large roundabout which is normally very busy with traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

eagerv wrote: »
    In Waterford at Ballybrickan there is a type 2 with similar angled parking; easy to drive in but I had to reverse in which could be a problem, as it's in the middle of a sort of large roundabout which is normally very busy with traffic.

That’s a really awkward spot. It’s on a bend on a one way street, but with two side roads in close proximity too. A lot of work to get the Ioniq in backwards against the angle!

fricatus wrote: »
    That’s a really awkward spot. It’s on a bend on a one way street, but with two side roads in close proximity too. A lot of work to get the Ioniq in backwards against the angle!

You can just barely make the charge point going in forward on the right bay, but you really need someone with you to get out and watch in front. With the standard type 2 cable there needs to be about an inch between you and the kerb which is just at a nice height to damage your front skirt.
    They certainly didn't make it easy..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

YvRlgTf.jpg

I think the GOM is limited to always show under 300km. It'll still show 290km or 294km once underway as the SOC drops so could show 294km remaining at 96% but won't apparently, then show 300km+ when fully charged.

Hyundai never bargained on Mrs. Kramer's hypermiling skills & quiet roads due to the virus :D.

Kramer wrote: »
    YvRlgTf.jpg

I think the GOM is limited to always show under 300km. It'll still show 290km or 294km once underway as the SOC drops so could show 294km remaining at 96% but won't apparently, then show 300km+ when fully charged.

Hyundai never bargained on Mrs. Kramer's hypermiling skills & quiet roads due to the virus :D.

I am married to a very skillful lady as well:D
    She claims 10kWh/100km is possible with her rural driving at the moment.
    Just to agree with her (Beat her) I managed an indicated 9.1kWh on a rural run this morning over 49km, max speed limit 80kmh. I did try a little bit....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

YvRlgTf.jpg

That shows you have 26.97kWh of usable energy, so ~1kWh of deg from new.

(93 wh/km * 290) = 26.97kWh

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

100% on the Ioniq is 95% off the battery. His state of health is currently 26.97/26.66 so 101.1%.

liamog wrote: »
    100% on the Ioniq is 95% off the battery. His state of health is currently 26.97/26.66 so 101.1%.

So what there was only 27kWh available from new?
    I seem to remember getting almost 27.5kWh out of the pack before.

• Advertisement

What's the secret of the high GOM figures Kramer?
    I presume the figure reflects your past driving style.

Ours is slowly creeping up, showed 248km this morning full. In the cooler weather was around 220km. Haven't filled it much since getting car, 80% has been doing us nicely.
    While some days we get great economy, other days not so great, but rarely more than 13kWh/100km. Our son is also now driving the car under supervision but he only believes in Sport mode and the accelerator pedal is an on/off switch!

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

ELM327 wrote: »

(93 wh/km * 290) = 26.97kWh

Oh the GOM and efficiency meter are not related.
    I finally charged my car to 100% the other night. GOM showed 226km (highest i've ever seen it on mine) yet my efficiency meter said 14.1kW/100km. Do I have a 31.8kWh battery? :P

In unrelated news, service 4 is booked. €140 i've been quoted. Wonder how they'll change the pollen filter this time? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭zg3409

Hi all,
    I need your assistance. Am at charger in Balindine, car will not take charge, tried AC, DC and granny, at multiple locations. Am getting check electric vehical system error and 3 flashing blue lights.
    AA on the way. Will be requesting that they disconnect the 12 v battery for reset. Any other ideas?

12v battery only has 2 years warranty. I suggest jump it and if it works then, pay for a new battery yourself. If it is the 12v battery the dealer will look for an arm and a leg and probably won't have the right one in stock. You could be up and running today if you avoid dealer. Bring old battery into any motor factors and ask for a new one.

ELM327 wrote: »

No it doesn't.

That 9.3 consumption figure was after a reset not long before charging it. It is not a historical figure.

I could reset it, coast down a hill for a few kms & it'd show 6kWh/100km. Wouldn't mean I've a 50kWh battery though :D.

In unrelated news, service 4 is booked. €140 i've been quoted. Wonder how they'll change the pollen filter this time? :rolleyes:

That's crazy! Is the brake fluid change included possibly?

Oh the GOM and efficiency meter are not related.
    I finally charged my car to 100% the other night. GOM showed 226km (highest i've ever seen it on mine) yet my efficiency meter said 14.1kW/100km. Do I have a 31.8kWh battery? :P
    Oh. I thought they were related like in other cars.

Never mind, carry on in that case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Does anyone have personal experience of a Hyundai garage in the South East that actually knows what they’re talking about when it comes to servicing an Ioniq?
    I had a very poor experience last year - dealer couldn’t even do updates for firmware or maps. Promised they’d get back to me about it & never did. I really don’t want to line their pockets again this year (181 Ioniq).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have personal experience of a Hyundai garage in the South East that actually knows what they’re talking about when it comes to servicing an Ioniq?
    I had a very poor experience last year - dealer couldn’t even do updates for firmware or maps. Promised they’d get back to me about it & never did. I really don’t want to line their pockets again this year (181 Ioniq).

I've found Lyng's in KK to be pretty good. They were certainly capable of updating the firmware and maps, although I had to be quite clear that that was what I wanted. It doesn't come naturally to a lot of people in the legacy car industry, and let's face it, most Hyundai garages just want to get you into a daysul Tucson.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

No, but I can happily testify that the crowd who's name starts with a K are grade a Wa@#ers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Fishy1 wrote: »

I had my Ioniq serviced in Boland's of Wexford. Would not recommend. They couldn't update the software, I just did it myself after the service. My dash cam was running throughout. The most technical thing they did was top off the washer fluid.

Didn't say. I'll ask when I drop it off. I want the warranty, so I'll have to pony up. Same crowd wouldn't entertain the worn door rubber on my car after just 2 years. Never known a door rubber to be a bi-annual serviceable part.

I had my Ioniq serviced in Boland's of Wexford. Would not recommend. They couldn't update the software, I just did it myself after the service. My dash cam was running throughout. The most technical thing they did was top off the washer fluid.

My wife wasted half a day there last week. When we bought car there in Spring the salesman Brian was very helpful and knew his stuff fairly well. Arranged with him for the few warranty bits and updates to be done when we were able to get to garage again. (We live about 40km away)

Booked in last week (Unfortunately Brian no longer there). Main thing was to fit emergency release in left of boot for fuel door (No sign of it). Not cable release which is there under boot floor as should be.
    They tried to tell my wife that this door release was there and eventually on her request they phoned me. Had already explained all this clearly to them previously.

Eventually they admitted we were correct and said they would fit one but would have to take photos and get one from Hyundai. What a waste of time. Also they said that our updates were the latest (2018). When we said others had 2019 updates they said again they would have to check with Hyundai.
    At least they sorted a small rattle from wheel which was just a stone.

Brake fluid included, pollen filter too. Aside from that it's just mechanical checks and diagnostics. I'll get them to update the software/firmware/maps while it's in too. All in all it should take maybe 1-2 hours. I'll expect it to take all day.

A well earned €140, just so I can keep my warranty. :rolleyes:

Out of interest did you ring a few Hyundai dealers for a quote?

unkel wrote: »
    Out of interest did you ring a few Hyundai dealers for a quote?

Nope. Just the 1. The 2 dealers local to me are run by the same crowd. Outside of them you're talking about a 100km+ of a drive to get to another service center.

Personally I never paid the Hyundai dealer a cent for servicing, I just asked them nicely to do it for free :D

But I guess we are lucky here in Dublin too with a handful of dealers in the area, all independent of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bootser

Hi All, I only have my Ioniq a couple of weeks but I see by the windscreen sticker that its due a VHC at 130000Kms which will be in a couple more weeks! For a VHC I'm just expecting to have the car looked at for warranty purpose, is this right?(I'll be using Navan Hyundai if anyone is familiar with them?) TIA

Ioniq electric needs a service every 15k km or 1 year, which ever comes first. Odd services (first service, third service, etc.) are just an inspection and even services (second service, fourth service, etc.) are inspection + brake fluid + cabin filter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

unkel wrote: »
    Ioniq electric needs a service every 15k km or 1 year, which ever comes first. Odd services (first service, third service, etc.) are just an inspection and even services (second service, fourth service, etc.) are inspection + brake fluid + cabin filter

needs??? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement