Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

is huawei p 2021 unlocked? or locked to Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone else order a A21 and not received it? Mine is down as Awaiting Pickup since 24th Nov.
    carbsy wrote: »
    Told me the same and after talking to maybe 4 different agents they finally told me it was cancelled and I had to request a refund back to card which took 11 working days for 1st order. Total shambles!

Same here, talked to agents more than 4 times, each time they were reassuring that I will receive the order while promising to call me back/text for any update, but finally they told me it was cancelled due to "technical glitch" and I needed to reorder again (offer was not available anymore of course..). No money refunded yet.

Very poor customer service, maybe everyone should raise a complaint?

https://n.vodafone.ie/forms/consumer/customer-complaints.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Off topic to the Vodafone Black Friday sale, but if you're on the market for a good and cheapish Samsung, do consider the Samsung A51 from Three.

I received mine this morning, ported from Tesco for €239, it's factory unlocked + dual sim.

You can claim €55 cashback from Samsung so €184 for A51 with 128GB storage, VF A51 comes with 64GB storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

The missing SIM from my order two weeks back turned up this morning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

fdevine wrote: »
    The missing SIM from my order two weeks back turned up this morning :rolleyes:

same here ! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

Canonfan wrote: »
    Off topic to the Vodafone Black Friday sale, but if you're on the market for a good and cheapish Samsung, do consider the Samsung A51 from Three.

I received mine this morning, ported from Tesco for €239, it's factory unlocked + dual sim.

You can claim €55 cashback from Samsung so €184 for A51 with 128GB storage, VF A51 comes with 64GB storage.

oh its sim free? I didn't know that,, are you sure????

Also, whats the story on the cashback.. when do you get that?

Refund on pre-Black Friday A21s returned on 18/11 finally went through but only after chasing VF twice and having it escalated and further escalated

whats the story on the cashback.. when do you get that?

https://www.samsung.com/ie/cashback-offer/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I contacted Vodafone and sought a complaint reference number to make a complaint - when I gave them the details they offered me a months free calls/texts/data and simply acknowledged that the cancellation could have been a result of 'anything'. Cannot say I'm impressed when clearly a lot of people also had their orders cancelled for no justifiable reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

FGR wrote: »
    I contacted Vodafone and sought a complaint reference number to make a complaint - when I gave them the details they offered me a months free calls/texts/data and simply acknowledged that the cancellation could have been a result of 'anything'. Cannot say I'm impressed when clearly a lot of people also had their orders cancelled for no justifiable reason.

They more than likely cancelled them because they had a run on orders from here. With people porting with the likelihood of not getting their ongoing money they probably decided to pull the plug on orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Badabing1

GBX wrote: »
    They more than likely cancelled them because they had a run on orders from here. With people porting with the likelihood of not getting their ongoing money they probably decided to pull the plug on orders.

Yes I'd agree, especially since they seem to be in stock now. Does anyone know what price it would be to get a A21 unlocked please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Yes I'd agree, especially since they seem to be in stock now. Does anyone know what price it would be to get a A21 unlocked please

Is the VF supplied A21s not already unlocked?

When I called in store today, they said they would be locked. I was hoping they wouldn't, seeing as how some weren't over the black Friday deals?

AFAIK no reports on thread of anyone receiving a locked A21, either in store or online. Think someone bought one from Three and it was also unlocked.

VF staff probably under instruction to push people onto VF plans and discourage sales at the lower price.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    AFAIK no reports on thread of anyone receiving a locked A21, either in store or online. Think someone bought one from Three and it was also unlocked.

VF staff probably under instruction to push people onto VF plans and discourage sales at the lower price.

Yes I think you could be right, just was wondering in case it is locked, how much it would be to unlock it. Hopefully won't have to.

According to some sellers on ebay, it's around 10 to 12 euro to unlock A21s

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

Ten Pin wrote: »
    According to some sellers on ebay, it's around 10 to 12 euro to unlock A21s
    got an a21s from three unlocked wife got one from postmobile unlocked most of them coming from vodafone are unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

FGR wrote: »

Same, can't register a complaint without the ref, ridiculous

Same, can't register a complaint without the ref, ridiculous

CCPC and/or Comreg are the options available.

Comreg require complaining to VF first before they will do anything further...a bit of catch 22...but if you submit a complaint and get no response within 10 days then Comreg can intervene.

CCPC don't seem to have a requirement to complain to the business first but they recommend doing so.
    https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/how-to-complain/report-a-business-to-the-CCPC/

Cancelled order refund delay is possibly more of a sale of goods issue than a telecoms issue but CCPC will know more on that.

OTOH, the likelihood of there being much sanction against VF is probably low given the current situation and VF may be taking advantage of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just a little tip here for those wanting phone's unlocked, i'd heard about this one but was sceptical that it worked.

Got a Huawei P30 from eir, locked to eir, now i have a P30 Pro so didn't need this as my main phone but i use a UK Sim as still have me fingers in a lot of pies over there, first sim i stuck into the eir locked P30 was a UK O2 sim and it worked, confirming the idea that the first sim put in a phone, the phone will lock to that sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Did anyone pickup the A41 in this offer? I did for an Xmas present and dont want to open it, but just wondering if it comes unlocked like the A21s did?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I am getting 'We're sorry, you will not be able to complete your order online.' when trying to purchase a phone and switch to vodafone.

Any ideas? I have tried a couple of phones just to check.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

JPA wrote: »
    I am getting 'We're sorry, you will not be able to complete your order online.' when trying to purchase a phone and switch to vodafone.

Any ideas? I have tried a couple of phones just to check.
    Trying to port from 48, Tesco Mobile or Lyca? Ports from those networks have now been blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Quackster wrote: »
    Trying to port from 48, Tesco Mobile or Lyca? Ports from those networks have now been blocked.

Yes. What's the reasoning for that?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

JPA wrote: »
    Yes. What's the reasoning for that?
    Read back through the thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Did anyone pickup the A41 in this offer? I did for an Xmas present and dont want to open it, but just wondering if it comes unlocked like the A21s did?

If you trust me, PM the 15 digits IMEI to me, I can check it out within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

RobTheLad wrote: »

This. I would like to know too if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Does anyone else having problems on last step purchasing phone when clicking Add New Card message pops up about contacting CS?

Wanted to get pixel 4a, but no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Slightly off topic but was about to finally upgrade to Samsung S10 and no stock now listed. Is it end of the line or do you think it will come back in stock? S21 launching January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Can this phone be bought and fully unlocked? Then get a cheap sim...?

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung/galaxy-a21s.html?gallery=payg

Advertisement