Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotion: Irish Whip Wrestling (IwW) Thread

Options
  • 06-05-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

The longest title reign in IwW came to an end this past weekend. Before the match Mandrake cutting a shocking promo on fans who had supported him the past 3 years saying he played them all like puppets. The Supermodel of all people came to defend the fans talking about being more humble after his TV3 & RTE appearances. It took 3 "Nose jobs" finishers to finally end Mandrakes impressive 3 year reign & crown The Supermodel the 6th International Heavyweight Champion. (Pictures & videos to follow)

In other news two more IwW trainees made their Debut with Crusher Finn coming up short to IwW's Captain Rooney & the masked Deathwish making his debut in 6 Man & Rumble outings.

Wicklow

Skaterboy Jeebus beat Salem Soultaker

Tat2 Charlie pinned Walter Alexander

TJ Meehan overcame Paddy Whack

Skaterboy Jeebus, Tat2 Charlie & Paddy Whack defeated Salem Soultaker, Walter Alexander & TJ Meehan

Mandrake retained his IwW Int Championship against The Supermodel

Offaly

Captain Rooney pinned Crusher Finn

Tat2 Charlie overcame Skaterboy Jeebus

TJ Meehan beat Walter Alexander

TJ Meehan won an 8 Man Rumble

The Supermodel beat Mandrake for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

Carlow

Walter Alexander pinned TJ Meehan

Tat2 Charlie beat Crusher Finn

Mandrake retained his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Skaterboy Jeebus

Skaterboy Jeebus, Deathwish, Walter Alexander & Crusher Finn defeated The Galway Grappler, Mandrake, Tat2 Charlie & TJ Meehan

The Supermodel retained his IwW Int Heavyweight Championship against Soultaker Salem

Thanks to all the fans who supported us the weekend!

1zey1lk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Can you please advertise ur upcomuing shows? there are new lads there that i woudnt mind checking out next time ur in dublin. thanks

Hi Smoshi, it is something we may do again in the near future & hopefully we will!

IwW returned to Dublin this past weekend; For the 1rst time every the title was defended in a tag elimination match where the last man standing becomes the IwW Champion. Mandrake retained his Zero Gravity title against Skater Boy Jeebus when Salem Soultaker interfered. Mandrake then returned the favour interfering in Soultakers match leading to a DQ. The Supermodel took it upon himself to defend the belt in the tag match overcoming the odds to retain his title.

Dublin

Walter Alexander defeated TJ Meehan

Tatoo Charlie overcame Paddy Whack

Mandrake retained his Zero Gravity title against Skater Boy Jeebus

The Supermodel retained by DQ against Salem Soultaker after interference

Skaterboy Jeebus & The Supermodel beat The Devils Rejects (Mandrake & Salem) in a Tag Elimination match for the IwW title

For training please contact
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...872333&sk=wall
    IwW on FB
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136554013045004
    Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/irishwhipwrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

I brought my brother and sister to your show on friday and have to say I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the night. Brilliant atmosphere and the kids had the time of their lives. The wrestlers were great and lovely when being pestered for photos!
    Definitely going to bring them again. Well done :D

• Advertisement

Zero Gravity Champion Mandrake sat down for an interview this past weekend to give his thoughts on his career, Irish wrestling & more. Interview up tomorrow

Interview by Eamon Darcy

E.D. Mandrake recently you turned your back on the Irish wrestling fans what has brought on this change.

Mandrake - Well that's the thing Darcy its not a change its who I've always been. You see I've been wrestling now for quite sometime and I've experienced the ups and downs. The one thing that has stayed consistent is the fans. They have always supported me. They have always believe in me. The thing is i have never believed in them. To me they are all a bunch of puppets and i have been pulling their strings now for quite some time and frankly now they bore me.

They expect me to go out and entertain. The expect me to sign my autograph for them. Well I'm not interested in entertaining. If you want to be entertained go to the circus. I'm interested in winning end of story. Now i know there's going to be some fat guy with no life going on line to complain about me but they 're nothing but keyboard warriors big boot...space bar...get the picture there opinions mean nothing.

E.D Now Mandrake I know its a touchy subject but recently you lost the IWW heavyweight title to the Supermodel. What are your Feelings on this?

M - What are my feelings on this.....Darcy your as stupid as you look. Losing that title was a blow for me. People are expecting me to use my rematch clause straight away but their wrong. What I'm going to do is start at the bottom of the roster and work my way up. I will punish each and every wrestler and when the time is right i will lock them in the Irish cloverleaf and make them squeal and when there's no one left for me to make an example of ill come for what is rightfully mine the IWW title.

Now i want to talk about the Supermodel. Here is a kid that 4 years ago i didn't even no what his name was he just carried my bags and sat quietly in the corner. Now over the years he's worked his tail of and become a hell of a talent but just remember this i taught him everything he knows but just not everything i know and when the time is right ill make him squeal just like everyone else. Enjoy your five minutes of fame boy...while it last!

E.D Thats a bold Statement especially when you look at the tough competition in IWW Captain Rooney, Skaterboi Jeebus, Tat2 Charlie..

Mandrake. TOUGH!...I 'm really tired of that word being thrown around the Wrestling scene. How many World Martial arts champions do you know Darcy. How many people do you Know that have traveled the world winning trophy after trophy...none. You see in my humble opinion I'm legitimately the most dangerous competitor in the entire Irish and UK wrestling scene and until someone is man enough to step in the ring and prove otherwise it'll stay that way. It seems there's to many skinny kids in the wrestling scene putting on a pair of over-sized kick pads giving themselves a 'cool' name and all of sudden they are a wrestler.... i don't think so they're just target practice.

The current IWW roster is loaded with talent and good wrestlers but they all interested in entertaining the fans and sending the fans home happy. I'm not anymore I'm interested in winning. I'm not going to pretend to be some cartoon character that talks about 'pain and suffering' anymore. I'm very real I'm Garth ' Mandrake' Kidd and when you see me wrestle sit down and shut up because you are seeing something very special.

E.D Any thoughts on the Zero Gravity Division now you lead it as champion.

M - Yes I've watched a lot of Z.G guys in the past and present go out and tear the house down with their exciting matches. What I'm going to bring to the division is my pit pull mentality I'm going to ground them and tear them apart like i said I'm not interested in giving the brain dead Irish wrestling fans a show. I'm interested in keep my gold and that's exactly what ill do no matter how talented the division.

E.D Any last words you'd like to add?

M - Yes i have a very shocking surprise announcement for the next IWW show that 'll shake the wrestling scene to it foundations so come along and be apart of history. This wont disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Sounds like Mandrake may have signed a developmental deal. Pure speculation of course, but would explain why he's suddenly dropped the Int. Belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

announcement that will shake the irish scene??? I like the sounds of that! And nice interview darcy!

any idea what show the announcement will be on?

• Advertisement

230283_106061362815559_100002350872333_71689_5139706_n.jpg

224203_109611655793863_100002350872333_115368_7988131_n.jpg

IWW have almost 30 shows & counting already booked between now & the end of August, most of which will be taking place over an intense July & August. There will be plenty of time to train with IWW, make a lasting impression & get booked on a more than regular basis with the company.

Please see the training page below, to read about our trainers (above), & see what our trainees have achieved within a year in IWW after taking their firsts steps into a wrestling ring. Read about how one of these men got his foot in the door with TNA Wrestling. So clearly, if you are serious about becoming a success in the wrestling scene, you would be wise to get in contact. We also offer tryouts/interviews to current Irish workers.

We hope to hear from you soon at IWW.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333

can u answer my question plez?

wat was madrakes announcment?

Mandrake has yet to make his announcement, but we will have all updates on this subject when we have them, and indeed on which show he intends to make the announcement.

We do not know 100% percent what his announcement is in relation to, but rumour has it, it relates to Mandrakes quest to regain the International belt. Although this of course is only a rumour. However whatever he is planning, the word "disturbing" is being thrown around quite a bit.

Ok cool. thanks for replying.

hopefully the disturbing thing isnt an other 3 yr title reign :)

This weekend, IWW was a highlight of the Sheep Sheering World Championships in Kilkenny. Over the course of the weekend current IWW Champion 'The Supermodel', defended his championship twice in one day & Mandrake continued his 'Twisted Crusade' through the IWW roster before he cashes in his rematch clause.

Macho Mike Ryan didn't have the best weekend in his life when he lost to 'The Supermodel' in a championship match leading him to challenge any member of the IWW roster to prove himself. Tat2 Charlie answered the challenge defeating Mike Ryan once more. His losing streak didn't end when Insano defeated a very frustrated Mike Ryan on Sunday. It will be interesting to see how Mike battles back for our next shows, and if he can regain his composure, and redeem himself.

Multiple time powerlifting world champion Biffo Meehan displayed his strength and power against The Supermodel in The Supermodel's second championship match of the day. Despite Biffo landing a devastating pump kick to the head of the Supermodel early in the match, Supermodel had already intelligently picked apart the leg of Biffo. Biffo landed a second pump kick with the injured leg, only this time straight into a turnbuckle after Supermodel ducked out of the way, allowing Biffo to be finally taken off his feat by Supermodel's finisher.

Mandrake had a very successful Saturday winning a triple threat match against Insano & Jebus, to kick off IWW's shows at the festival. Later that day he defeated Jebus in the thrilling Zero Gravity Championship match of the weekend. This match was also featured in todays ( Mondays) Star Newspaper. Mandrake then demanded he face Tat2 Charlie, after he proved himself against Mike Ryan on Saturday. Unfortunately as Mandrake predicted he went through Tat2 just like everyone else he faced over the weekend.

In other news regarding Mandrakes big announcement, he finally sat down with Eamon Darcy once more to clearly state to him his long awaited announcement. In light of Mandrakes new Irish Cloverleaf finisher, and intention to make everyone he faces squeal & tap, Mandrake arrogantly announced that before the summer is over, he will break current IWW Champion The Supermodels leg. When a polite & shocked Darcy told him that this was more of a threat than an announcement, Mandrake angrily corrected him, because he said it WILL happen, and is thus an announcement. A shocking statement from the Zero Gravity Champion.

However Supermodel, after Mandrakes arrogant, and distubring announcement, challenged Mandrake to a non - title match to see if he can get the job done. Even though Mandrake locked his 'Irish Cloverleaf' to the legs of Supermodel, he battled back and won the match to end the festival. After being defeated by Supermodel once more, a very angered Mandrake made a shock second announcement that if he was pinned ever again leading up to, and including his title rematch against The Supermodel, that he will permanently quit the wrestling business. Things regarding this situation have gotten very heated, and one can only wonder how this will unfold over the coming months in IWW's busy summer schedule, and when Mandrake will decide to exact his rematch clause.

Full results are as follows:

Show 1

Mandrake defeated Skaterboy Jebus & Insano

Number 1 contenders Match

Biffo Meehan defeated Cork Clubber

IWW Championship Match

The Supermodel defeated Macho Mike Ryan

Show 2

Tat2 Charlie defeated Macho Mike Ryan

Zero Gravity Championship

Mandrake defeated Skaterboy Jeebus

IWW Championship Match

The Supermodel defeated Biffo Meehan

Show 3

Mandrake defeated Tat2 Charlie

Insano defeated Macho Mike Ryan

The Supermodel defeated Mandrake

Congratulations to IwW International Heavyweight Champion The Supermodel & IwW Zero Gravity Champion who were both in this past weeks Irish Examiner & Irish Daily Star!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

any photos from the weekend? Didnt know ye were in kilkenny till it was to late :(

Advertisement