Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What book are you reading atm??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Fuck You All, by Enda Kenny & Phil Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

P.C. wrote: »
    Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance.

Ah, Phaedrus.......

Must be 10 years since I read that. I can see it on the top shelf of the bookcase right now. Must give it another whirl when I get time.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Call of Cthulu and other Weird Tales by H.P. Lovecraft

Some great stories in this collection

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Is that about some queer from Ohio?

:pac:

its the viz annual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Game of Thrones: Storm of swords - part 2.

Finally I can spoil what will happen in season 3 for people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Game of Thrones: Storm of swords - part 2.

Finally I can spoil what will happen in season 3 for people. :)

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you never mention Game of Thrones - Season 3 before it comes out on TV, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Dipping between 'We need to talk about Alan' (Alan Partridge) and 'I Shall Wear Midnight' (Terry Pratchett)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson. Believable sci-fi at its very best.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just finished Midnight Express great read, i dunno what to read next either Cloud Atlas before it comes out in cinema or was thinking of Asimovs Foundation,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Eddie O'Sullivan's autobiography.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

'The Victim,' by Saul Bellow. Who is a Jew, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

A feast for crows - George R.R Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

The Holographic universe.

A pseuoscience book but some interesting theories and interpretations of the nature of the universe. Parts of it are mind blowing and parts of it are a bit fantastical.

But it does demonstrate that this is not a sticks and stones universe and as to the universes nature we will never fully understand it.

In general I am enjoying it,

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you never mention Game of Thrones - Season 3 before it comes out on TV, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

i have valuable information on the dealings of westeros and its people... strike him down and another shall take his place.!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭8mv

Berlin by Antony Beevor

Just like his previous Staligrad - a great read. I don't know much about military terminology, so information about regiments, battalions, divisions and so on can be a bit confusing, but he manages to impart the huge scale of the opperations while also letting in some of the humanity. I'm half-way through this one and it seems to be really good. I'd reccommend Staingrad to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

A Clash of Kings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Listening to the "Steve Jobs" bio because I got it for free from Amazon/Audible. My first audio book. Like business bios and this one is full of juicy trivia about his early life,

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Just finished "She's never coming back" by Hans Koppel.

Absolutely gripping - not for the faint hearted however!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Pegasus Descending, by James Lee Burke. It took me a while to realise I had read it before, but that won't stop me. You can almost smell Louisiana.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Was reading Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader but had to give up on it at page 167, just couldn't take the tedium any longer, which is a real shame because I've read and loved nearly all his earlier novels(The Ninja, White Ninja, The Miko etc etc...). Me and Eric seem to have parted ways a good many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Barna77 wrote: »
    A Clash of Kings

Me too. It's years since I've been so hooked in a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Just finished DMT - the spirt molecule.

Was mind blowing...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Just started Chrintine Falls - Benjamin Black (John Banville) having read a death in the summer and enjoyed it, I've bought the others in the Doctor Quirke series. Excellent reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wow my list of 'to read yet' is quite long now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Rubicon by Tom Holland.

I'm finding it very challenging to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    Rubicon by Tom Holland.

I'm finding it very challenging to read.

I remembering reading tha years ago, its like the Silmarillion but with more facts and no fun. Interesting read but very dry and factual

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Foundation's Edge, by Isaac Asimov. The fourth in the Foundation Series, written almost thirty years after the original series was finished, and the sixth in the chronology (including Asimov's two prequels). I've been reading them all in that order, on and off all year so far.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pantsface wrote: »
    New Karin Slaughter - Criminal

Is it good? I love Karin Slaughter's stuff.

I'm currently reading Hornet's Nest by Patricia Cornwell. I needed a break between the two Terry Pratchett books I read coz I feel you have to be extremely engaged in his books! I bought the next two in his collection today with a voucher I had and I look forward to getting into them.

I managed to get a good few second hand books for free recently. I need to tidy up my room for them so I look forward to putting the iPod on the dock, turning the volume up high and reorganizing my bookshelf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bleepp

Biography of the last Pope! tbh I'm online more often at night than reading, used to read a way more before we got that dam wireless broadband:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement