Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Don't do it! Its beyond ****e.

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the save considering the price it's bound to be going for now!

I was looking at the Dux games too, but they all seem to be a re-skinned version of the same game. The attack patterns are identical in every video I've watched.

Are any of the new DC games worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,562 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the save considering the price it's bound to be going for now!

Its the epoteme of a Euro Shooter.

All fancy looks, but no idea what good game design or aesthetics are if it slapped it in the face.

I thought it was good when I first played it, but 5-10 minutes later realised what it was.

Stick with Japanese shmups, they're the only people who can make them.

Master of the Universe

That moment where you log into Club Nintendo and it turns out you've 30 things on your account that you haven't claimed star points for :eek:

So I registered all my digital games (came to 4000 star points) finally and decided to look through my physical copies.

20 unscratched cards. Holy crap!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I stopped giving much of a crap about claiming Club Nintendo stars once I discovered those mandatory surveys.

Master of the Universe

They're an absolute pain in the tits. :mad:

So I've gone through everything I have and am now on 7100 points. (from zero!) Was hoping to get enough for that Game and Watch ball but am 400 short.

Rather annoyingly, a few of my 3DS cards had expired - yet some of my Wii ones still worked. Makes no sense at all!

/Edit - found an unused one that works, but it's for a game I already have registered (Mario 3D Land) so cant register it twice. Damn you Nintendo!!!

If anyone has a spare code sheet and doesn't have Mario 3D land registered (and would like to swap) let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Can't believe no one has made a script that auto fills those stupid things in for you.

There's no way anyone fills those things in seriously so the information is completely useless to Nintendo.

Master of the Universe

That would be a really great idea.

30 virtual downloads and 20 scratch cards from games meant I had to do about 50 surveys yesterday. What should have been a quick enough process was dragged out to 2.5 hours. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

30 virtual downloads and 20 scratch cards from games meant I had to do about 50 surveys yesterday. What should have been a quick enough process was dragged out to 2.5 hours. :mad:
    I only did 3 at a time or do it when I open the plastic so it doesn't build up too much or go out of date.

Master of the Universe

TouchFuzzy wrote: »
    I only did 3 at a time or do it when I open the plastic sp it doesn't build up too much or go out of date.

Unfortunately I'm just rather lazy about it :pac:

Didn't realize you could claim star points for downloads though, I'd points going all the way back to the first 3DS eshop games.

It'd daft that star points on a 5 euro download games from years ago don't expire, but points from a €45 euro game do.

Master of the Universe

Any of you lads take the plunge and buy a PAL Aus NN3DS? Just looking at them and with the AUD exchange rate they look kind of tempting.

• Advertisement

Scratch off enough of them in one sitting and your Silver Surfer cosplay is almost ready.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Speaking of 3DS, have gotten seriously hooked on Persona Q. First time in quite a while a JRPG has really hit the mark with me.

I had been a bit cynical about it because basically it wasn't Persona 5, but it's compulsive and cleverly designed throughout. Very much recommended, but make sure you have Naoto in your party ;) She's a ****ing tank!

I got Persona 4 for the PS Vita but it's such a crappy console I can't play it.

Think the memory card died which means you can't play anything, even a game you have on cartridge.

So first it was a useless brick because PSN was down and now it's a useless brick because the memory card died for no reason.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Scratch off enough of them in one sitting and your Silver Surfer cosplay is almost ready.
    Ugh I hate that stuff marking my hands
    make sure you have Naoto in your party ;) She's a ****ing tank!
    I used her all the P4 because she was only weak to darkness I think, so once you had something to block it she hadn't any weakness really, used her the the last 3 bosses in the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Speaking of 3DS, have gotten seriously hooked on Persona Q. First time in quite a while a JRPG has really hit the mark with me.

I had been a bit cynical about it because basically it wasn't Persona 5, but it's compulsive and cleverly designed throughout. Very much recommended, but make sure you have Naoto in your party ;) She's a ****ing tank!

Now track down Etrian Odyssey to see what you've been missing :)

TouchFuzzy wrote: »
    I used her all the P4 because she was only weak to darkness I think, so once you had something to block it she hadn't any weakness really, used her the the last 3 bosses in the game.

She has hama and mudo to start with in Q, so she's incredibly handy early on since her luck stats almost always ensure at least one insta-kill. Today she learned mahama, which is just crazy handy (mamudo is only a few levels away too), but also a skill that dramatically increases her chances of inflicting status effects, so she's powerful during boss fights too.

Thankfully bosses do seem susceptible to status effects. A quirk that annoys me in a lot of RPGs is you usually can't inflict status effects on powerful enemies, which is to me pointless as the standard 'popcorn' enemies typically aren't enough of a threat to actually require the use of effects.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Now track down Etrian Odyssey to see what you've been missing :)

Yep, have 4 to play, although will probably play through Danganronpa first when I'm down with Persona (which of course will likely be a while). Darn Japanese developers and their timesinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've been dying to pick that series up.
    I see a recent one on the 3DS contains a remake of the first one.
    Etrian Odyssey IV and Millennium Girl are the localised ones, but seem expensive to buy, I've certainly not come across them on my travels.

Think they've all been localised, the first three were only released in the US though. Can be gotten cheap on VGPlus and the like still.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Etrian Odyssey is one of the best RPG series in a very long time. Don't be scared that it's an old school dungeon crawler, it's more a modern reimagining of one with additions that make it so much more playable than any other dungeon crawler while still remaining true to it's roots (and also still being ball bustingly tough but fair).

You can get EO1-3 as a triple buy from VGP and PA, or at least you could for a bargain price. I remember spending a lot of money hunting those games down so be lucky they got a bit reprint recently!
    Yep, have 4 to play, although will probably play through Danganronpa first when I'm down with Persona (which of course will likely be a while). Darn Japanese developers and their timesinks.

You do need to take a big long break from EO games or you'll get burned out so not a bad plan... I might even suggest taking a longer break.

There's a EO/Mystery Dungeon crossover which is getting localised and looks great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm Touchfuzzy... That user seems to know an awful lot about us......

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm Touchfuzzy... That user seems to know an awful lot about us......
    I'm the dust on the games you don't play, that's how I know so much
    1164136726891.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't like change, and now a Thin Lizzy song won't be running around my head every time I see a certain poster...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

NOOOOO! I can never call her Sera again!

Master of the Universe

You let that cat out of the bag far too early, I hadn't a notion :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Anyone using Snes Euphoria on their PSPs? I just downloaded but it's running slow, graphical glitches, sound is off. If I try change the settings, the PSP crashes. Any ideas?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Anyone using Snes Euphoria on their PSPs? I just downloaded but it's running slow, graphical glitches, sound is off. If I try change the settings, the PSP crashes. Any ideas?

Don't use a PSP for emulation.

If not try something other than Euphoria. Think I used a port of SNES9x and while it wasn't great it was a lot better than what you are describing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't use a PSP for emulation.

If not try something other than Euphoria. Think I used a port of SNES9x and while it wasn't great it was a lot better than what you are describing.

Get a lot more joy on the laptop but the PSP is for roadtrips, flights, that sort of thing and I don't have any other device to do it on. In fairness the Pico Drive emulator for the Sega runs perfectly, no trouble at all. Just the Snes is fucty fuct.

Everyone's favourite Spiderman adventure - The Ferocious Hit Song! Sing and Dance to the Killer Rock - is now streaming for free: http://www.marvel.com/videos/watch/580/japanese_spider-man_episode_07

Featuring the classic Spiderman Boogie ("Shaking his bum! Climbing up walls!")

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any of you lads take the plunge and buy a PAL Aus NN3DS? Just looking at them and with the AUD exchange rate they look kind of tempting.

They're rumoured to be released here within a month, so I'm holding off.

Hoping for a New 3DS XL special edition for Majora's Mask or Monster Hunter 4

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    I don't like change, and now a Thin Lizzy song won't be running around my head every time I see a certain poster...
    It was supposed to be Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy from Yoshi's Island but there's a 14 character limit
    200_s.gif
    so it's in the line underneath if you're on the full site and my icon is a fuzzy to try connect it more.
    Dunno that Thin Lizzy song but they'd a song with my other username so I suppose that's making you think of it more

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement