Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The rain has stopped in Celbridge (65 m). Just a wet, grey morning.

Knock Airport still has 13 cm of lying snow. The runway is not open due to clearance.

METAR EIKN 101100Z 03007KT 9999 SCT020 BKN050 M01/M01 Q0982 R26//99// NOSIG=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

rumar wrote: »
    One lane on m6 from Galway to Dublin. Must be a foot of snow in the right hand lane. Don't drive is my advice. Tolls should open too as there is a huge queue now at the toll bridge

Bridge? I don't remember a bridge anywhere near the toll plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Got some actual snow for a duration of around 2 minutes there, gone back to drizzle now, sadly temp is up to 1.9c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

West Wexford beside the Blackstairs. 115m asl.

Taken an hour ago and still chucking it down.

2017-12-10_11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Plenty of snow in Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,648 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

STILL snowing in Portlaoise. Fairly heavy too

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Heavy sleet in Firhouse beside tallaght. Complete white out in the Dublin mountains....about 100 metres altitude at most

5 minutes drives from Firhouse, dublin. What a difference a couple of hundred metres makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

Just wondering if there was any snow around the area of the M4 toll plaza between Kilcock and Enfield? Slightly elevated land there and it sometimes gets snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This weather is having an effect on Mt Leinster the RTE and NT signals keep dying momentarily (or maybe it's the local relay)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

More pictures for you :P.

Tipperary:

NwYBbeD.png

Laois:

noH3pJ3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

irishfeen wrote: »
    Net weather predicting snow after reaching the very north of county Cork - anyone near the Limerick border on here, looks to have reached Charleville at 11.00.

Yes! Sleet/ snow mix here on the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Absolutely pelting snow here in my area of Carlow since about 5:30.

We'll be stuck here for a day or three I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

It's beginning to look like ChristmasIMAG2832_zpszbccyhy8.jpgtuam Co Galway stay safe out there

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

white stuff landing on grass and car now in hills around abbeyfeale

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Midnight Sky

ArraMusha wrote: »
    2-3 inches in Barna. Snowing since daybreak, and judging by the radar a few more hours of snowfall to come. See attached...."one less carrot for the stew.."

That poor snowman looks like he has seen better days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

JCX BXC wrote: »
    appledrop wrote: »
    No they are useless. The majority of population live in Dublin so they need to get our forecast right. Thankfully we were out + about yesterday in park with our little boy + didn't wait for 'snow' today. Miserable day here so it's a day for indoor fun.

You didn't read the forecast did you?

Interesting to see the miserable dubs come out ;):)

Just one miserable Dub to be more exact

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

ArraMusha wrote: »
    2-3 inches in Barna. Snowing since daybreak, and judging by the radar a few more hours of snowfall to come. See attached...."one less carrot for the stew.."

Look at the state of it. That is a disgraceful attempt at a snowman.

highdef wrote: »
    Just wondering if there was any snow around the area of the M4 toll plaza between Kilcock and Enfield? Slightly elevated land there and it sometimes gets snow.

Not at 7.50 this morning- snow started at kinegad. Worst part of M 6 was a patch of about 30kms after ballinsloe- approaching Galway all snow cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Haha, after 5-6 hours of rain, snow has finally turned up in north east meath and its quite heavy, looking at the radar, it seems like its a shower, just typical

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

*grasps at straws*

Rain/sleet has stopped now in Dublin 16.

Might see a couple of sleet (dare I suggest snow) showers drifting in off the Irish Sea later, if dew points are o.k.?

I see DP at the M2 bouy has dropped from around 2c earlier this morning to -2c now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

lawred2 wrote: »
    Just one miserable Dub to be more exact

I'm a Dub and missed out on the snow, but am thoroughly enjoying the photos, keep them coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still snowing in Carlow town, a lot of the snow on the paths and roads etc is turning icy and watery. Still though, with my rough measurement on the car roof, about 3 inches....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Kamili wrote: »
    I'm a Dub and missed out on the snow, but am thoroughly enjoying the photos, keep them coming!

Same here, nor was I expecting any snow from this event. Very boring day here, not even that much rain either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

This is Swords right now, I'm not sure if you can feel my pain through the photo....

20171210_115708.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Bit of a streamer moving in southwestwards over Drogheda now. Dublin/Kildare's last hope of a flurry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bit of a streamer moving in southwestwards over Drogheda now. Dublin/Kildare's last hope of a flurry

I have my hopes set on this tomorrow morning :pac:

hirlamuk-1-26-0.png?10-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

IMG_20171210_115306_868.jpg

Over 8 inches here in the West!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Samash wrote: »
    Yes! Sleet/ snow mix here on the border.

Nothing just SW of Mallow yet, temperature 6.2 DegC @ 200m ASL :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

IMG_20171210_115306_868.jpg

Over 8 inches here in the West!

:eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

irishfeen wrote: »
    Nothing just SW of Mallow yet, temperature 6.2 DegC @ 200m ASL :eek:

yeah, temp in Cork city gone from 6 to 6.7!

Advertisement