Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever had an unwanted sexual experience? Mod warning in op - updated 6/3/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Some gay guys can be a little bit too forward but one time stood out when a guy came up behind me and put his hand all the way into my trousers down my boxers and felt my ass and actually was trying to start fingering me i think, this was in the middle of a dance floor in a small not very busy club
    Im gay myself but it was still a bit shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

anna080 wrote: »
    I know! Shame on me!
    :rolleyes:

Ah now dont start with the victim blaming, its never your fault ;)
    #youtoo

But that said, opening a dress and bra and only being twigged on the reach around!
    Were you molested by a ghost?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I informed boards HO of the incident (there were witnesses remember) and a few weeks later he was promoted to Cmod, so I figured it was more likely that I'd get banned if I named him and someone that pathetic isn't worth getting banned for :)

It's a bit difficult to take as genuine any measures Boards HQ initiate to deal with sexism (to either or any sex), bullying etc, when you realise that they allowed the "promotion" of someone they know to have committed a sexual assault.
    They should be fcukin ashamed of themselves. The CMod who committed a sexual assault against you should hang his head in shame. I hope at the very least that he is remorseful enough to never have committed such an act again.
    He's lucky you didn't bring it further by reporting him.
    What a lowlife dreg he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I know! Shame on me!
    :rolleyes:

lol. I didn't mean it like that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

wakka12 wrote: »
    Some gay guys can be a little bit too forward but one time stood out when a guy came up behind me and put his hand all the way into my trousers down my boxers and felt my ass and actually was trying to start fingering me i think
    Im gay myself but it was still a bit shocking

Was that A. Porter?
    No wait, that's too obvious. Was it Al P.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Anyone who thinks the phrase 'horny old goats' is just a saying has never had to separate the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

banie01 wrote: »
    Ah now dont start with the victim blaming, its never your fault ;)
    #youtoo

But that said, opening a dress and bra and only being twigged on the reach around!
    Were you molested by a ghost?

No but I was half cut so reactions and my surroundings weren't my strong point! Should have kicked him in the goolies

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No but I was half cut so reactions and my surroundings weren't my strong point! Should have kicked him in the goolies

And nearly half naked! ;)
    But yeah you should have kicked him square in the nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

DBB wrote: »
    I hope at the very least that he is remorseful enough to never have committed such an act again.

It's not as if his previous actions resulted in a negative response, so...

Whoops, if you don't mind it being asked, is that why you quit as a mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

eviltwin wrote: »
    If he's reading this now I hope he realises what an utter scumbag he is. He owes Whoops an apology.

He does! and he should be made come on here immediately and say who he is. He could be making a whole bunch of videos for himself unknowns to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

A few weeks ago in a bar in Galway I was walking up the stairs to the toilet and the guy coming up behind me unzipped my dress all the way down and undid my bra clasp and was going to feel my boob. He got a fine smack in the gob for his efforts.
    All while you were walking up a flight of stairs?

And they say men can't multitask. :pac: Crafty bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

He does! and he should be made come on here immediately and say who he is. He could be making a whole bunch of videos for himself unknowns to people.

And there might not be much that anyone could do to stop him as I don't think that filming people, in a public place, is an offence.

There was a guy, in Galway again :eek:, who used to film motorists mounting the pavement at the top of Taylor's Hill. I thought that it might constitute behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

years ago at a work christmas night out, as I was walking through the club someone had had a good grope of my box.
    when I turned around to see who it might have been, I couldn't tell because the place was too packed.
    absolutely horrible feeling knowing that someone was in that room knowing they had done that to me, but I didn't know who THEY were.

told someone this the other night.
    In a party in an apartment years ago, I woke up to the feeling of someone pulling my jeans down at the front. rolled over onto my stomach still half asleep, and then felt the same pulling was done to the back of my jeans.
    then I heard the sounds of him **** himself off.

dived up out of the bed.
    it was just the two of us left in the apartment, and I left with no coat and actually hadn't even a clue where I was.
    (f*cking great friends I had at that time)

I actually think something was put in my drink that night too, but that's another story

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

OP must work in a Galway bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Got myself grabbed by some wan's on there hen not so long ago... Thankfully the bar staff removed the offender, who was the bride to me... Despicable carry on by this particular female

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

And so the lynch mob begins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

I was in an Internet cafe and and Eastern European was at the computer beside me talking on the phone. He stunk. I noticed he’d his hand down his jox ****. I just left him to it bit weird.

Another time an old fat dude waved a hotel curtain to get my attention as I was walking by his window. He then stood in full few and shook his bits about.
    I’m a no nonsense type old school man so I laughed and carried on with my day.
    I’m not sure if they are advanced or not.
    Defiantly unwanted and sexual though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Nothing major really. Had my arse grabbed a few times in bars by women and once, at a some party I ended up at, another man persistently trying to grab my sack and come on to me. Off his head and about 10 years younger than me, to be fair. Had to eventually threaten him to make him stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

When I was about 6 or 7 I was in a shop with 2 other friends, walking along chatting away, think I had my head turned around to chat to one of the lads when I felt this grab to my genitals, literally lasted a split second and at first I though I had walked into someone, I think I even said "Sorry".
    Turned around and there was this dirty old man, 70+ quickly walking away. It all happened so quickly that it took me a few minutes to realise what had happened, I was even doubting myself, but there was definitely some "cupping", of course I did nothing and told no one.
    Anyway, that was 30+ years ago and I'm sure the old bastard is long dead, but that's the kind of sick people that populate this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah she was rank but I shagged her anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Yes, probably :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

lawred2 wrote: »
    Yeah she was rank but I shagged her anyway

Don't think that classifies as unwanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Got myself grabbed by some wan's on there hen not so long ago... Thankfully the bar staff removed the offender, who was the bride to me... Despicable carry on by this particular female

I don't think you should have gone to your fiances hen in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Snotty wrote: »
    When I was about 6 or 7 I was in a shop with 2 other friends, walking along chatting away, think I had my head turned around to chat to one of the lads when I felt this grab to my genitals, literally lasted a split second and at first I though I had walked into someone, I think I even said "Sorry".
    Turned around and there was this dirty old man, 70+ quickly walking away. It all happened so quickly that it took me a few minutes to realise what had happened, I was even doubting myself, but there was definitely some "cupping", of course I did nothing and told no one.
    Anyway, that was 30+ years ago and I'm sure the old bastard is long dead, but that's the kind of sick people that populate this world.

Did you not report the incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

branie2 wrote: »
    Did you not report the incident?

He was 6 or 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

SSr0 wrote: »
    And so the lynch mob begins...
    What you talking about - he hasn't been named and it's not lightly he will be.

I don't know the dynamic between Mods and Cmods and boards beers etc. But she's saying there was witnesses, so people in a senior position could quiet easily get a good handle on what actually happened. Maybe he shouldn't be named, if so a senior person should come on and say something.

For the higher ups to do nothing and say nothing and possibly letting the guy continue to attend boards beers is bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've had a few. A serious sexual assault when I was 9 and a few groping incidents as an adult. Had a taxi driver proposition me when I was 17, I actually laughed about it at the time but now I feel differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Discodog wrote: »
    There was a guy, in Galway again :eek:, who used to film motorists mounting the pavement at the top of Taylor's Hill.
    Given the topic of this thread, you might want to clarify exactly what you mean by 'mounting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When I was about 14, I dislocated a kneecap playing football. I went to a bone setter guy in Dublin.
    He massaged my legs like a physio would but then had me lie on my front and he straddled my legs and massaged my hamstrings for a long time while telling me I had beautiful beautiful legs. It did strike me as weird but it only affected me in I couldn't stop laughing.

Years later when I heard the Bill Cullen sketches and the phrase "beautiful beautiful muscular girly boy legs" it was the first time I thought maybe what had happened was a more than a bit funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

DBB wrote: »
    It's a bit difficult to take as genuine any measures Boards HQ initiate to deal with sexism (to either or any sex), bullying etc, when you realise that they allowed the "promotion" of someone they know to have committed a sexual assault.
    They should be fcukin ashamed of themselves. The CMod who committed a sexual assault against you should hang his head in shame. I hope at the very least that he is remorseful enough to never have committed such an act again.
    He's lucky you didn't bring it further by reporting him.
    What a lowlife dreg he is.

I identify as a Victorian Mahogany Globe Wernicke (three story) bookcase.

Advertisement