Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waiting For The Return of Business Cat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

2018-05-25-Voyeur.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

2018-05-25-Voyeur.png

2018-06-01-Television.png

2018-06-08-Witness.png

2018-06-15-Cereal.png

• Advertisement

2018-06-22-Visitor.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Aaaaawh! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

New Home wrote: »
    Aaaaawh! :o

Banned for chat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yester wrote: »
    Banned for chat.

MOD NOTE: Aaaaawh! redface.png

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Awwwhh indeed.

The Return of Business Cat. (We hope)

I was getting slowly tired of the family antics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The cat flap in the front door he couldn't possibly fit through, though :pac:

Does Sarah have nothing else to wear?

Life ain't always empty.

2018-06-29-Contact.png

2018-06-29-Contact.png

I dont post the bonus content as a rule but thought this particular one deserved to be seen. Fantastic nod to American Psycho.

NnTsdKUm.png

2018-07-06-Deus-Ex-Crabina.png

2018-07-13-Refusal.png

2018-07-20-Family.png

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

How long before I feel confident enough to just thank the post without checking that it was actually posted by Business Cat first??? :o

2018-07-27-Departures.png

2018-08-03-Prodigal-Son.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

gman127 wrote: »
    How long before I feel confident enough to just thank the post without checking that it was actually posted by Business Cat first??? :o
    Unfortunately not any more.
    The irritation has returned.

• Advertisement

2018-08-03-Prodigal-Son.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Best one in a long time!

2018-08-10-Submission.png

2018-08-17-Peace-Times.png

2018-08-24-Free-Living.png

2018-08-31-Business.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

2018-08-31-Business.png

Steve in the last panel :pac:

Just got an email from Tom Fonder via Patreon.

All Good Things

Four years ago I uploaded the first Business Cat strip and was awoken in the dead of the night to find my phone going crazy with an endless stream of notifications. The post had gone viral and was finding it’s way to seemingly every nook and cranny of the internet.
    I had never intended it to be anything more than a simple one-off gag, but with the bevy of such positive responses flooding in, I began to realise that I had ideas for another one. And another one. Until eventually I find myself here realising I’ve been doing ‘another one’ every week now for four years.

In that time the comic has grown to help support me financially and even made me a published artist/author - something I never thought I’d be able to say about myself - with a second book on the way.

But all good things must eventually come to pass (boy, am I learning that the hard way these days) and so too must it be with Business Cat. I had been toying with the idea of ending the series for a while now, as I was beginning to feel there wasn’t enough new ground left to cover, and I’d rather end the series while I can still be proud of it than run the premise into the ground.

From as early as the IRS investigation I knew where this story arc was headed, and I have to say that I really enjoyed taking the series in new and unexpected directions for the readers. It was a decision that certainly divided a few opinions, but at the end of the day I’m happy with the results and I can only hope that most of you were too.

I had written these last few strips to serve as a series finale, if need be, but with room to go forward in case I decided continue. Up until as early as last week I wasn’t quite sure which it would be. But I can say with certainty now, for the foreseeable future, this is in fact the end.

I don’t often put much of myself out there for you all to read, but the last five or so months have been hell. Between the diagnosis of a cancerous tumor in my cat’s mouth (don’t worry, a few stressful operations later, he’s now fine), and the extremely sudden/unexpected ending of an eleven year relationship, a lifetime’s worth of living with depression has finally caught up with me and I’m now having to confront that.

I’m not sure what I’ll do next. It’s been a very real struggle to stay creative, and at this point, I’m just looking forward to some time away from it all for a while. But I just want to thank each and every one of you for being along for this ride with me, and for making the last four years possible. This comic would be nothing if not for all of you reading and sharing it, and it’s been incredible to see such positivity surrounding my work.

Finally, I’d like to encourage you all to keep following on the social media outlet of your choice if you’d like to keep up to date on the status of the upcoming book Business Cat: Hostile Takeovers (release date pending), and if you ever want to be made aware of any of my future projects, be they the return of Business Cat or otherwise.

For my Patreon subscribers, don’t worry, you won’t have to do anything, I will be deactivating my account for the time being and will give plenty of fair warning before it becomes active again (if ever). In the meantime, I will be filling out the remainder of the month with some never-before-seen extras and maybe another prize raffle or two.

It’s been fun guys. Until next we meet.

- Tom

So tomorrow, the last ever Business Cat strip will go on public release.

I've seen it and it's simple and actually quite sad.

:(

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

Advertisement