Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thought I'd post this bargain

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Why not put the bargain in the thread title save us having to click in to see what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Here is the text of the article
    Aldi Ireland will be selling 49 inch Smart TV for ONLY €400 - but you need to act fast
    This limited edition bargain offer will go on sale in September

Aldi Ireland has revealed that it will be selling massive 4k ready Smart TVs at the bargain price of just €400.

The retail giant has said that the 49 inch UHD Smart TV, priced at €399.99, will be on sale starting Thursday, September 7, 2018.

Special features include widescreen 3840 x 2160 resolution, built-in Wifi receiver for your favourite online services, 3 HDMI inputs, several USB ports, 60Hz refresh rate, and over 70 channels courtesy of Saorview, the Irish Sun reported.

But there is a catch. The television will only be available for sale for a limited time. That means that they won’t be available once they’re sold out.

Aldi have said that they want to offer their customers a “cinematic experience” at a bargain price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I wouldn't declare it as a bargain just yet seen as no real specs have been given.

A quick google and I can find 2 different 49 Inch 4Ks for less than 350 Euro and a 50 Inch for 352

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wouldn't declare it as a bargain just yet seen as no real specs have been given.

A quick google and I can find 2 different 49 Inch 4Ks for less than 350 Euro and a 50 Inch for 352

I would doubt that this is going to be any notable deal tbh. There's plenty of options in the cheap 4K market, most aren't too fantastic, but you get what you pay for to a certain extent. The only thing that would make this 'deal' worthwhile is the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

I’ve yet to be remotely impressed with any of the budget 4K sets. The backlighting, even with local dimming, is awful and makes the blacks either grey or a mixture of black and grey. They can certainly wow with bright vivid images, but unless you’re watching Pixar stuff all day, that’s not a true representation. I’ve a mid range LG SUHD panel and while it’s nice, the dimming is still so noticeable. I think my next tv will have to be OLED :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Over 70 channels on Saorview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Over 70 channels on Saorview?

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Seems to be an awful lot of newspaper & social media promotion of Aldi's "BARGAIN", "INCREIBLE", "LIMITED" offers lately which they will often capitalise for effect. Pizza oven a few weeks back. Bargain laptop this week. "Massive" 49" TV upcoming.....

49" is not massive. I've the Philips 55" from the BA late last year and that's not massive either. Big is 65". Massive is 75-85" IMO......

The discount supermarket's more recent technology offerings have not been great and this TV could be another damp squib. As Alanstrainor noted above there are deals to be had online without queuing outside Aldi on an inevitably wet Thursday morning at stupid o'clock to fight over the handful of TVs they are likely to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Must have had some left over from last year, same spec https://www.buzz.ie/life-style/aldi-selling-smart-tv-4k-great-price-251267

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

closing things up here. If there is a BA does materialise let the team know

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement