Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Have felt the arse of the van going there a couple of times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

NufcNavan wrote: »
    One of me earlier falling victim to slippy roads. Back wheels went from under me completely. Was lucky I didn't hit another car.

no fault... definitely something wrong with that roundabout. At different times, I've seen a cyclist and a motor cyclist (moped) go down heavy, and a car (BMW rwd) fishtail. My own golf R gets twitchy there with Pirelli pzero's front and back, and not being a gob****e. Definitely something up with surface when damp. The camber on the roundabout looks odd too...

Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

dickwod1 wrote: »
    My FWD car always had under steer there, even in mildly damp conditions!
    Was there any damage?

Nope. I was very lucky in that the kerb of the roundabout was fairly low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Set that video to private for now as it got 400 views. Don't want to draw any unwanted attention from the powers that be.
    Would you say your ambulance is underpowered LRNM?
    And why can't we do what they do on the continent when it comes to stationary traffic on dual carriageway / motorway and create an emergency lane up the middle besides going far right all the time?

Btw, brilliant driving and thanks.

The one in the video isn't underpowered imo, it's a 2013 one. Traffic was flowing so right lane was the best option. If it was stationary id use the hard shoulder.
    Driving slow and steady is best for the patient and staff working in the back.
    Responding to a call we can drive it on much harder.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Do they have better sirens in Poland? Seemed a much more variety of tones in use.

The older sirens are beat and worn out, they're not great. Newer ones are much louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Muppet Man wrote: »
    no fault... definitely something wrong with that roundabout. At different times, I've seen a cyclist and a motor cyclist (moped) go down heavy, and a car (BMW rwd) fishtail. My own golf R gets twitchy there with Pirelli pzero's front and back, and not being a gob****e. Definitely something up with surface when damp. The camber on the roundabout looks odd too...

Muppet Man

Its just a slippy surface. Its very smooth and creates surface water even in light rain . If your driving is poor or your tyres are bald you'll loose grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

Interslice wrote: »
    Its just a slippy surface. Its very smooth and creates surface water even in light rain . If your driving is poor or your tyres are bald you'll loose grip.

Sounds like you're trying to shift blame from the council/NRA to the drivers?
    There's no reason for a low speed surface to be smooth.
    Especially one where drivers experience considerable lateral Gs as part of normal driving.
    From the few posts here, it's obvious there's a problem with the road.

josip wrote: »
    Sounds like you're trying to shift blame from the council/NRA to the drivers?
    There's no reason for a low speed surface to be smooth.
    Especially one where drivers experience considerable lateral Gs as part of normal driving.
    From the few posts here, it's obvious there's a problem with the road.

Not blaming, just an observation. Been around that roundabout hundreds of times. Its a bit slippy so if you cant deal with a car loosing the back end a bit then slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

My tyres are fine. Nothing wrong with the thread depth. As you can see I wasn't speeding either. It appears to be just an exceptionally bad stretch of road judging by the numerous recollections of incidents on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

NufcNavan wrote: »
    That's funny that you say that. My housemate when I told him also said he spun at that roundabout.

And no I have no rear wheel drive.

I also had a spin on that roundabout in a Focus about a year ago plus tyres were almost new and I wasn't speeding. Saw a car (Avenis) spin also about 2 weeks ago after the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Not blaming, just an observation. Been around that roundabout hundreds of times. Its a bit slippy so if you cant deal with a car loosing the back end a bit then slow down.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I also had a spin on that roundabout in a Focus about a year ago plus tyres were almost new and I wasn't speeding. Saw a car (Avenis) spin also about 2 weeks ago after the rain.

it would be interesting to know what tyres the cars having trouble had.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

boardz wrote: »
    Look up!

Fake news :P

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

richieffff wrote: »

Looks like someone late for work in Little Island, isn't that the slip off the N25 towards the JLT ? They head off to the left toward the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Stratvs wrote: »
    Looks like someone late for work in Little Island, isn't that the slip off the N25 towards the JLT ? They head off to the left toward the end.

Yep, he went off the slip for Little Island, I could see the temptation.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Fake news :P
    Yeah! He must have a seriously hard head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

If that had really happened the camera would be long gone and there would be no video to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

boardz wrote: »
    Look up!

I jumped, hit my keyboard with my knee and frightened my dog! :D

richieffff wrote: »
    Yep, he went off the slip for Little Island, I could see the temptation.

Heading there in the morning. Its always fun getting there around half eight... Ive seen the guards waiting the odd time for lads squeezing up the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Taiwan, the Ireland of Asia as it comes to driving by the looks of that.

Or Taiwan is the Netherlands of Asia as it comes to driving...... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Gotta love how he gets out of the car and throws his arms up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

inforfun wrote: »

Or Taiwan is the Netherlands of Asia as it comes to driving...... :confused:

Very effective way to block that entire side of the junction :)

josip wrote: »
    Very effective way to block that entire side of the junction :)

Happened around 2 pm. No trams there for the rest of the day.
    Catenary(?) was ****ed and tram derailed.

I am really curious about this guy's next insurance quote....

inforfun wrote: »
    Happened around 2 pm. No trams there for the rest of the day.
    Catenary(?) was ****ed and tram derailed.

I am really curious about this guy's next insurance quote....
    and then the lights went green! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

dolanbaker wrote: »
    and then the lights went green! :rolleyes:

Yes but it was safe to proceed then into trailer.....

I was really looking forward to a fireball....

• Advertisement

Some unusual junctions in that video, not sure if they're square roundabouts or four way "give way" junctions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement