Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Those AMG upgraded alloys are among the nicest rims offered by any manufacturer in my opinion. Amazing car Dutchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,230 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wow. That Merc is pure dream car material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Gorgeous Dutchie. Love that interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Wow, gorgeous machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Very well wear, Dutchie.
    MidMan25 wrote: »
    Duplicate please delete mods

Ah, the mods around here aren't the worst (as they go!) - I wouldn't be taking a hit out on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

NICE. Have a play with the interior lighting, endless fun at night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

MisterDrak wrote: »
    NICE. Have a play with the interior lighting, endless fun at night :)

The lads in MB only give 64 light options to choose from. #tighta****s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Nice one Dutchie!
    Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

Even on a grey full wet day, when she's freshly cleaned she makes me smile :)
    2056y47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Never knew that was yours, pretty certain I’ve seen it around limerick.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Never knew that was yours, pretty certain I’ve seen it around limerick.

I'd be in and around there a fair bit alright so chances are it was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Never knew that was yours, pretty certain I’ve heard it around limerick.

Fixed that for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Killinator wrote: »
    I'd be in and around there a fair bit alright so chances are it was

I thought it was a fake till I heard the burble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

3 weeks off the road since the accident and I have gotten two doors from a scrap E39 on her to temporarily get her back on the road until the insurance is clear of who's at fault, just get her tracked in the morning to confirm if its just knocked out or if there's more serious arm damage. Still manages to look half decent and turn heads even when she's bruised :cool:

4hYvLV9h.jpg

sjyReagh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Like a bride on her wedding day.

Beautiful.

Love how aggressive it looks!
    I thought it was a fake till I heard the burble :)

There's many a golf/Passat TDiddlyi who've thought the same on the motorway and tried to put it up to me,
    OCCASIONALLY I have thought them the error of their ways :p
    But generally I let them go on blissfully unaware to continue on with the pigeon cooing and black smoke showing me what a real car does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Like a bride on her wedding day.

Corpse bride? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Love how aggressive it looks!

There's many a golf/Passat TDiddlyi who've thought the same on the motorway and tried to put it up to me,
    OCCASIONALLY I have thought them the error of their ways :p
    But generally I let them go on blissfully unaware to continue on with the pigeon cooing and black smoke showing me what a real car does :)

It's a great feeling :D I always found there was two types of responses , disgusted and then the type who were generally petrolheads and were thrilled at seeing something oddball or different, these tended not to drive straight piped TDIs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Even on a grey full wet day, when she's freshly cleaned she makes me smile :)

So nice to see an actual Golf R, and a V6 too to make it even better!

tossy wrote: »
    It's a great feeling :D I always found there was two types of responses , disgusted and then the type who were generally petrolheads and were thrilled at seeing something oddball or different, these tended not to drive straight piped TDIs though.

Unfortunately the straight pipers are more common and take someone driving an actual R/GTI as a slap to the face and a personal insult.
    Each to their own though :)
    So nice to see an actual Golf R, and a V6 too to make it even better!

Cheers pal. The sound of the V6 is the number 1 reason I bought a Mk5, that and I'm a big fan of hot VWs and owing a Mk5 GTI before the R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Still waiting on delivery of front splitter and black grille...

464366.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

It's a pity they didn't do the 330E in the Touring. How has it been working out for you?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

h3000 wrote: »
    It's a pity they didn't do the 330E in the Touring. How has it been working out for you?

It’s a shame alright. First saloon I’ve had in a long time and I really miss it for the dogs.

It’s...ok. It’s got great power and it’s a nice place to sit. I’m getting about the same mpg as my 320d touring on average every week. That’s accounting for the car absolutely drinking petrol on motorway runs and using literally zero petrol on short runs into town. The car is a little bit pointless really. I’ll probably go for a 530/330 diesel touring next time. Charging times are ridiculous, you’re basically stuck to charging overnight at home.

I’d recommend one for people with a super short commute every day. For me, someone who does about 4/500 miles of motorway a week it’s ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

It’s a shame alright. First saloon I’ve had in a long time and I really miss it for the dogs.

It’s...ok. It’s got great power and it’s a nice place to sit. I’m getting about the same mpg as my 320d touring on average every week. That’s accounting for the car absolutely drinking petrol on motorway runs and using literally zero petrol on short runs into town. The car is a little bit pointless really. I’ll probably go for a 530/330 diesel touring next time. Charging times are ridiculous, you’re basically stuck to charging overnight at home.

I’d recommend one for people with a super short commute every day. For me, someone who does about 4/500 miles of motorway a week it’s ridiculous.

I was think about one for my next car and was wondering how they fared in the real world but I've a real hankering for a 330d now. I don't drive my car much if at all during the week (I've a van too) but if I do it would be mostly short drives, hence the 330E. I do long enough 200km plus on the weekends though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well lads, I had a big day a little over a week ago. And trusty e46 got me there in style!

464367.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Congrats Alan :D

How did the funer........I mean wedding go?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

You finally married that 3 series ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Well done Alan. My 3 is getting a full respray for my wedding next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

collected this at the weekend

Going from a 02 Yaris (My First Car) to a 13 Fiesta :)

Az1jwop.jpg

• Advertisement

That's a nice jump Copper

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement