Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leader Of The (Mid) Pack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Mon 5/11 - Rest

Tue 6/11 - 5.36 miles@8:39/mi

Struggled to drag myself out the door for this. Dark, manky, wet Tuesday night running around Carpenterstown. At least this time the November rain wasn't cold :pac:

Wed 7/11 - Club session, Morton Stadium

Thankfully conditions were a bit drier in Santry. After a warmup and strides, it was time for (800/400) x 3, 2 min/90s rec. First 800 I felt great on the opening lap, and actually got under 3 minutes (2:58) but an 85/93 split was poor from a pacing standpoint. 1:22 for my first 400, followed by a 3:02 800 (85/97!!) and 1:22 again for the 400. Concerned about going out too fast generally, I decided to run behind Paddy starting the last 800. Coming to half way, just for a second or two I felt a bit weak, so I stepped off, and didn't run the final 400. It was probably nothing to be worried about, but better safe than sorry I suppose. Cooldown laps were free of any such drama. 4 miles in total for the night.

Sat 10/11 - Malahide parkrun - Full Circle

"I'm going back to the start"

Having completed the Dublin parkrun set, I decided to use Malahide's 6th birthday celebrations as an excuse to return to my first parkrunning love.
    Seven of my first 15 parkruns took place there, but in over 4 years I had run another 91 without coming back. How did we end up like this? :pac:

I was expecting the usual big crowd, so my wife dropped me off in plenty of time for a warmup lap and stretches. The start and finish are slightly different from the old days, as there are picnic tables outside the cafe where the start used to be. I found a spot maybe five or six rows back, in among the buggies. Quick hello to HelenAnne, and we were away. Being stuck in traffic on the shorter (1 mile approx.) lap didn't feel like such a bad thing, as I was making comfortable progress when gaps did appear.

Some chap pulled up alongside me early on the second lap, and asked me what pace I was running. My answer was "21 or thereabouts". I had no clue to be honest, as I just run parkruns by feel, and I'd no familiar faces for points of reference. Having said all that, when I saw another lad up ahead wearing a black 100 top as we were passing through the forest, that was one battle I made it my business to win :D Steady from there on to the finish. One man wearing a DCM 2016 top passed me back at the cafe, but he was the only one I can recall doing so in the last mile. Coming into the finish area, a little girl was getting a shout behind me, so I kept the power on going up the hill and round the corner to the downhill finish.

I got a shock when I asked for my time, to be told "20:35". Seriously?! I must have misheard her, as I felt like I'd plenty left in the tank, and I was thanking marshals etc, which I never do if I'm going full tilt.

Anyhow, this is actually a new parkrun PB for me, at long last surpassing (by one second!) a time which was my actual PB when set in my 50th parkrun, way back in May 2016. Porterstown was also the venue when it was equalled in my 100th, in August of this year. Very happy to have finally beaten it! Surely it won't be another four years before I'm back in Malahide :pac:

Sun 11/11 - 5.8 miles@7:47/mi

The above is an approximation, as I forgot to start the clock when we set off from Castleknock Gate across the MSB trails. To be honest, I could have done with starting an hour or two later, as I was feeling a bit delicate after a double birthday celebration last night (our registrar, and his twin, a Porterstown regular). A footwear malfunction near the Papal Cross left me trailing about 30s behind the rest of the group, and I didn't have enough energy to reel them back in, so I turned left at the Phoenix monument and headed back to base, passing the early arrivals for the Remembrance Run. Less than 20 miles for the week.

In other news, I have decided to switch distance for the Connemarathon. Instead of taking on the full, I've opted for a rematch with the half marathon, three years after my 1:40 on a bitterly cold, wet and windy day in April 2016. In my heart and soul, I know I won't put in the miles through the winter to give myself a chance with the full. Long story short, it's the right decision for me. Happier to see the date being set for next year's Inishbofin HM :D

I haven't yet taken the bait in relation to registering for DCM 2019. Like I say, I still believe there's unfinished business here, especially considering my failed 2017 attempt, when immortality - sub 3:30! - beckoned :pac: But apart from it being a bit warmer in the months preceding, of course same rules apply as for Connemarathon. Thanks for reading. J.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Congrats on the parkrun PB!

Re the session, are you getting guidance on your pace? As someone with similar race times, those 800/400s seem way overcooked. If you have to step off, that’s the evidence, and it’s a wasted session probably.

But you know this. ;) Happens to the best of us but don’t make it a habit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

And see you in Inisbofin 😊 not sure if I'll do the 10k or HM yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

Well done on the PB J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

That's a great parkrun performance, well done! Sounds like it was no bother at all to you

• Advertisement

Murph_D wrote: »

Re the session, are you getting guidance on your pace? As someone with similar race times, those 800/400s seem way overcooked. If you have to step off, that’s the evidence, and it’s a wasted session probably.

But you know this. ;) Happens to the best of us but don’t make it a habit!

Interesting one this. The aim overall is to be consistent, and to run at a comfortably hard pace. I was running several seconds quicker than three weeks previous :-

Wed 17/10 - Club session, Morton Stadium

I was dreading this beforehand, it having been almost a year since the last time I tried this session (week of DCM '17). Luckily enough, there were quite a few out of similar standard to myself, which helped me enormously. The session was (800/400) x 3, with 2 min rec after 800, 90s after 400.

Times were 3:02/1:22/3:06/1:22/3:04/1:21. Bit disappointed with the second 800, even though I ran about 850m, due to the fact that I was nearly in the stand while overtaking three clubmates simultaneously :D

which is probably why I was seriously doubting myself going into the last set, as in "Are my times going to fall off the cliff now?" More a mental thing, I suspect. Either way, as you rightly point out, it's not a good idea to make a habit of stepping off.
    ReeReeG wrote: »

And see you in Inisbofin �� not sure if I'll do the 10k or HM yet though

Thanks V, have you been there before? Long suffering readers of this log will be all too aware of my affinity with the West, and Bofin in particular. However, I haven't actually raced there yet. TBO took on the 10k last year though, and reported back on his experience. A clubmate finished third in the HM this year. If she goes again, I could be in serious trouble in the battle for club bragging rights :pac:
    Sheep1978 wrote: »
    Well done on the PB J
    eyrie wrote: »
    That's a great parkrun performance, well done! Sounds like it was no bother at all to you

Thanks all, very kind of you regarding the parkrun! Yeah it did feel strangely comfortable putting that time in. I definitely remember finding the little drag up the hill from the cafe to be much tougher going in the early days. Not that shabby overall, considering the amount of rubbish I'm eating (most days) and drinking (weekends only, thankfully!) Can't outrun a bad diet!

It now turns out that I won't be running Jingle Bells, so I'm considering either the Clonliffe Christmas Cracker (December 30) for a last shot at a 5k PB this year, or the Tom Brennan Memorial on New Year's Day, for an opening salvo next year.

As an aside, have any Connemarathon veterans tried John O'Regan's plans, specially tailored for those races? I like the look of the HM plan, because of despite the relatively low mileage involved. Might be just what I'm looking for; I definitely feel like I can knock a massive chunk off my previous time, especially if my training has a bit of structure attached!

Thanks V, have you been there before? Long suffering readers of this log will be all too aware of my affinity with the West, and Bofin in particular. However, I haven't actually raced there yet. TBO took on the 10k last year though, and

I have not! Friends of mine go every year and I was supposed to join the summer before last but then stuff happened and I'd to cancel. A couple of them want to do the half so I've been told I have to run too. You know, the whole "you run therefore you must do whatever race we express interest in" haha.
    I did notice you said something about angry dogs before so that has me worried!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Nicely done on the PB. They had glorious weather this year, going by the pics from Inishbofin. Have had mild curiosity in the Conn plans too.

Either way, as you rightly point out, it's not a good idea to make a habit of stepping off.

FWIW, J, personally I’d be looking at about 3:10/1:35 for those reps, especially the first two. It looks like it’s the 400s that were doing you in, especially after the unevenly paced 800s.

I don’t think you were wrong to step off. I’ve seen lots of clubmates have to this (mysteriously thin field for the final rep) - the trick is to pace yourself correctly so you can do all the reps - and not just to do them, but to be running hard but in control. It can be tricky to get right. Have a look at J Daniels or MacMillan or one of the other calculators for pace guides, or better yet ask a good club coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

It now turns out that I won't be running Jingle Bells, so I'm considering either the Clonliffe Christmas Cracker (December 30) for a last shot at a 5k PB this year, or the Tom Brennan Memorial on New Year's Day, for an opening salvo next year.
    I done the Clonliffe Christmas Cracker last year and it is a cracking race, fairly fast start and finish, if the wind is roaring through northwood like last year it can be a bit tough but just get in behind someone and you should be ok :pac:

See you there :cool:

• Advertisement

ReeReeG wrote: »
    I have not! Friends of mine go every year and I was supposed to join the summer before last but then stuff happened and I'd to cancel. A couple of them want to do the half so I've been told I have to run too. You know, the whole "you run therefore you must do whatever race we express interest in" haha.
    I did notice you said something about angry dogs before so that has me worried!

Ha, well jeal on that one! Not sure how many times I'll get to run this race, although it's been a dream to race it ever since I became aware of its existence. Usually we go around end June/start July, although last year we visited twice, as SIL got married there in May. Trust me, you'll love it :) In relation to the dogs, I didn't encounter any of them last time around, so maybe they've finally got used to me plodding past their houses after all these years :pac:
    Nicely done on the PB. They had glorious weather this year, going by the pics from Inishbofin. Have had mild curiosity in the Conn plans too.

Sure did. It'll be my luck that it lashes out of the heavens. Maybe that'll bring out the old HTFU even more :D
    FWIW, J, personally I’d be looking at about 3:10/1:35 for those reps, especially the first two. It looks like it’s the 400s that were doing you in, especially after the unevenly paced 800s.

I don’t think you were wrong to step off. I’ve seen lots of clubmates have to this (mysteriously thin field for the final rep) - the trick is to pace yourself correctly so you can do all the reps - and not just to do them, but to be running hard but in control. It can be tricky to get right. Have a look at J Daniels or MacMillan or one of the other calculators for pace guides, or better yet ask a good club coach.

Might be something to try next time. I didn't make the session this week, and won't for at least another two. The control part hasn't always been easy for me to maintain at that "speed".
    Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I done the Clonliffe Christmas Cracker last year and it is a cracking race, fairly fast start and finish, if the wind is roaring through northwood like last year it can be a bit tough but just get in behind someone and you should be ok :pac:

See you there :cool:

Still undecided there, although I reread yours and Duanington's 2017 race reports in the last couple of days. Flip of a coin between it and the Tom Brennan, although the coin is edging towards Clonliffe at the moment :D

Believe it or not, this log is two years on the go today! A thousand thanks to all of you for somehow finding the time to sit through it :) Hopefully you have found one or two grains of wit or wisdom in there, maybe even something useful or inspiring in relation to running :pac: Sláinte!

The last two weeks, particularly this one, have been disastrous from a running perspective. Lot of stress in work (including moving to another building) and also I'm preparing for another exam of sorts, which is why my Strava has been lying dormant since Sunday morning.

Fear not! for I'm still going to Santry tomorrow. Not sure yet what the ground will be like, although it's saying a lot that we're in the second half of November and I'm still not sure if it'll be soft enough for the "MSB runners" (thanks M!) to get a long awaited raceday airing.
    Still aiming for a top half finish, but if that result doesn't come to pass, I'll live with it. Hope to see some of you there! J.

Congrats on the logiversary. :)

Sat 17/11 - BHAA Irish Life XC

Arrived very early to register, leaving myself with lots of time to relax and warmup at my leisure. Bit of a dilemma regarding footwear. Two laps in the runners first of all, and the ground seemed ok - one or two little sticky spots, but nothing too drastic. Still, I decided I'd take the MSB runners out for a spin. Hmmm. They felt grand actually, not hurting my feet as they might if the ground was harder. I stayed with them in the end, in the belief that the field of 200+ might leave the ground a bit softer by the time we were on laps 3 and 4. Quick chat with Duanington, and then it was time to head to the start area.

Lap 1

I was a long way back as we made our way past the finish area and down the hill. Sharp left at the bottom, and from there the field snaked up the drag towards the walled garden. I was making up plenty of places along here, without having to put my body through the wringer just yet. Nice down and up alongside the walled garden, then a short stretch into the wind before turning into the start/finish straight. Plenty of familiar faces out this morning, which meant I should have a fair idea of how well (or how badly!) I was getting on.

Lap 2

Bit more competitive on this one. As surprising as it may seem, it wasn't so easy to pass people any more :pac: A young(er) guy passed me coming out of the chicane, and two ladies (Sharon and Orla) were proving to be particularly sticky - they were fighting for the category prizes, as I later found out. However, I passed yer man back on the start/finish straight, as he seemed to have shot his bolt after putting that move on me earlier.

Lap 3

More rivals on the horizon, as I caught and passed Ian at the start of the drag back up from the bottom of the hill. Not doing too bad here - he's much stronger in cross than on the road. There's a bit of a gap between me and the next few, and for the first time Paddy's on my radar, about 100 metres ahead. Working hard up the middle drag, but then I got caught by a girl who must have started a long way back, as she left me trailing in her wake quickly enough! As I turned out of the breeze and onto the start/finish straight, I could hear the announcer calling out the leaders. Clock was in the 19s. Not to be lapped was one of my goals for today. Bit of a pickup along the straight, just to be sure, and that was one goal in the bag.

Lap 4

Tough going on the final tour, as although I was working much harder knowing there were only a few minutes left, I wasn't making up any more places. In particular, there was a guy in a Donore vest ahead that looked as if he was about to stop at any moment. Somehow he managed to keep going. The drag in the middle was actually harder than the one alongside the wall - I nearly came to a stop, to the extent that I got passed by two as we exited the chicane. I could still see Paddy, but I wasn't really gaining on him either. Of course, I'd no idea how I was faring in terms of overall position, so I had to push through the exposed straight into the breeze, and then plenty of welly to the line. Much faster than last year. Another positive!

Position: 115/229
    Category: 10th M45 (of 20)
    Time: 25:41

Well, there ye are. Can't get much more middle of the pack than that, my friends :pac: Of course, I had no idea of any of this as DD invited me to join him and Gosh for a cooldown lap. Thankfully this was closer to my pace than theirs :) Lots of biccies, cakes and coffee upstairs in the Clonliffe clubhouse before I had to leave. With there being considerably more depth to this field than in the Fire Brigade and Pfizer races, normal service was resumed on the age category front, although we did win a team prize. Overall, a very enjoyable morning which went better than I thought it would.

Sun 18/11

After a Saturday night of pints both during and after the rugby, I had more decisions to make regarding my Sunday running plans. Regardless of 8 AM or 8:45 linkups with the MSBers, chances are I would have been running on my own very quickly - remember I'd a race in the legs too, booze or no booze!

With this in mind, I decided to take up an open invitation to run with the Porterstown Panthers, leaving White's Gate at 8:30. Wife dropped me down, and then we were away on an outer loop of the park. We ran on the trails where possible, and at a much slower pace than I would have been running with the lads. scotindublin and the Donore gang whizzed past us on the North Road - it was funny to note that even their tailenders were running much quicker than we were. Anyhow, this suited me down to the ground. 6.59 miles@9:29/mi.

And then as we're stretching at White's Gate, two lads are passing, one with a particularly deep tan. I'm not talking about Seán Hehir :D
    AMK, I am not a traitor :pac: After all the years of distinguished service I've given to the club. Desperate. Easy days easy, as the oft repeated Boards mantra goes :) Hopefully I'll be more able for a faster paced Sunday run next time. A slow run home (a little over 2 miles) to close out the week. Mostly slow, that is, as I was caught by a flying RHG on her way home, and we ran at her pace from Ben Dunne's up to the Carpenterstown shops.

Next

The club XC handicap race (6 miles) has been fixed for Sunday December 23. Not perfect scheduling, but at least this time I won't be finishing up for the holidays the day before :D Apart from that, I'm fairly certain I'll be taking on the Clonliffe Christmas Cracker to complete my racing for 2018. DD and Gosh were both singing its praises yesterday, so I'm strongly favouring giving it a bash, and then going for another Hartstown/Porterstown parkrun double on New Year's Day. Thanks for reading. J.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Ha!
    When I seen your Strava for the Sunday run, I was thinking that that would be a good alternative for you every now and then - you get decent mileage in at a pace that's comfortable, rather than breaking your b0ll!x for 5 miles of so.

Well done on the race on Sat. Nice going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

A quicker pace than normal for me on a Sunday morning J!

Great morning to be in the park we don't realise how lucky we are to have that on our doorstep.

Nice going J - very solid racing. Porterstown Panthers? :puzzled:

Nice going J - very solid racing. Porterstown Panthers? :confused:

Ha!
    When I seen your Strava for the Sunday run, I was thinking that that would be a good alternative for you every now and then - you get decent mileage in at a pace that's comfortable, rather than breaking your b0ll!x for 5 miles of so.

Well done on the race on Sat. Nice going.
    A quicker pace than normal for me on a Sunday morning J!

Great morning to be in the park we don't realise how lucky we are to have that on our doorstep.
    Nice going J - very solid racing. Porterstown Panthers? :puzzled:

Thanks all, like I say a good day at the office, one of the best this year for me.

Hard to believe just how nice it was to run this morning. For this time of year, it was amazing to run on the trails without any worry about sinking into the muck.

Porterstown Panthers aren't actually a club, more a group of friends who run together, and sometimes organise hill walks (e.g. Howth, Glendalough) and so forth. The majority would have met through the parkrun initially. I know a lot of them anyway, so especially with a race in the legs, it was a lot more relaxing and comfortable than the alternatives. As per AMK above, I'd have been busting my a*$€ from the outset with the MSBers today, even with the speedsters being absent. Looking back a few pages in my log, it's hard to believe I even thought about running that 5 mile loop the morning after a HM (Ratoath) let alone actually doing it at approx 8 min/mi. Exactly what I would have given out to people for doing, back in my Novices mentor days - incredible that I didn't pick up an injury. Particularly if I've raced on the Saturday, running with the Panthers is likely to be an option I'll take up again in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭Duanington

Nice running yesterday, J - always good to catchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Great racing J :) don't we all fall into the trap of running faster than we should esp in group runs sometimes! once we figure it out or get a nice reminder as in my case to slow down then we will be ok

• Advertisement

If you thought my mileage was low last week, well this week I managed even less. I was at a funeral on Monday, and on Thursday afternoon I'd a set of tests which (including waiting time between them) took over 4 hours to complete. Preparation for these took up most of my spare time on Tuesday and Wednesday. By the time I got out of the exam hall on Thursday evening (5:30ish), I needed food more than I needed to run! Which brings us up to...

Sat 24/11 - Porterstown parkrun

During the course of Friday, I felt like I was coming down with something, and Saturday morning confirmed my suspicions. Despite my reservations, I decided to shuffle up to Porterstown, to give my 100 parkruns t-shirt its first airing on home ground. Originally, this was intended to be a course PB attempt. No chance in this condition. I made a very controlled start, allowing anyone and everyone the chance to pass without any resistance. Tom F passed me about halfway through the first lap. Rather than following him, as I normally would, I used him as a (gradually shrinking) marker to give me some idea of my pace. 11th or 12th at the end of Lap 1. I made up a couple of places on the second lap without being passed. This was due to runners who went out too hard at the start coming back to me, rather than any great speed on my part.

Last lap, and the leading lady had been coming back to me gradually. I passed her as we approached the bottom of the hill, but I didn't attempt to increase my pace just yet. I waited till I passed the marshal on the way up to the car park (about 500m left) before doing that. From the car park to the finish is all downhill anyway. Even feeling understrength, I didn't want to lose any positions from there. I wouldn't say I did anything like a sprint, but it was good enough to make sure I wasn't caught. 21:11, 8/110, 2nd M45.

Despite a dry start to the morning, seconds after we got away, it started to rain heavily. Much as I normally love to stay behind and sample the cakes, today wasn't the time. I grabbed my jacket, quick goodbye to a few, got out of there and home for a shower followed by bed.

Today I'm feeling a little bit better, but not to anything like the extent that I'll get out for a run. 5 miles for the week.

Next

I have unfinished business with the mile (as with many other distances!) and NIA Live is offering me a chance at redemption on Tuesday night, after my hopeless 6:14 there in January. However, I'm on a redeye flight on Wednesday morning, so even if I'm back in the whole of my health by then, I'll have to politely decline :D Thanks for reading. J.

November Review

I've very mixed feelings about the month just passed as far as running goes. In terms of running days and miles covered, it was horrendous. However, the actual running I did wasn't that bad. The Irish Life XC brought a top half finish in a competitive field. Ok, so that was the aim beforehand. I hadn't planned on so little running in the lead up though. I also completed the Dublin parkrun set, and followed that by running my fastest ever parkrun, back where it all began in Malahide.

Since last week, I still haven't got back to full health, and was in a fairly bad state for several days. So much so, that I nearly didn't make the plane on Wednesday. This was a work trip for my wife, to Brno, in the Czech Republic, followed by a non-work night in Vienna for us, before flying back today.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the runners in D15, rather than risking doing myself further damage in sub zero temperatures. An awful shame, as I was really looking forward to running in either Park Spilberk
    (beautiful, very hilly, and if Kilkenny can have a parkrun in their castle grounds, why can't Brno? :D ) or Park Luzanky - much flatter, but with a nice drag at the end of each lap.

This meant that I wasn't actually in the country while Jingle Bells was unfolding. To be honest, even if I was here, I'd have been more than a little reluctant to take the start line. Far too easy for me to get into competitive mode - I knew too many people running in this one to be able to promise a >25 min 5k.

Races: 1 (YTD 22)
    parkruns: 3 (YTD 23)
    Mileage: 61 (YTD 946 approx)

I'll comfortably(!) clear 1000 miles, but the sooner this bug is out of my system the better. There might be a few easy miles in the morning, but it will more than likely be next week before I'm on the road again. Thanks for reading. J.

Another week of not much running wise, unfortunately.

Still getting through the remnants of the longest running cold ever. Tuesday's shuffle around Carpenterstown wasn't the most enjoyable run I've ever had.

Nothing between then and Saturday's Porterstown parkrun. As I'm volunteering there for the next few weeks, I originally had planned to target a course (and hence, almost certainly parkrun) PB. However, I wasn't feeling the love at all on the way up. Nice warmup lap with Paul from CSH (a rival from BHAA) before we set off.

Myself, Paul and John Todd had a nice tempo going. Certainly, none of us were going anywhere near flat out. What was more irritating was a fella cutting corners to a ridiculous degree throughout. For example, passing along the bottom of the GAA pitches, he'd run behind the goalposts and then cut over at a 45 degree angle to the extent that he was half way up the little hill when he actually came onto the path. Even John was annoyed by him. Anyway, I hope he enjoyed his little triumph in finishing ahead of us. Paul pushed on ahead in the last 500, and nearly caught yer man, who, in spite of all his blatant cheating, couldn't beat 21 minutes for 4k. Impressive stuff! For me, 12/93, in a time of 21:24, just ahead of John and another fella we caught on the last drag up to the car park.

Sun 9/12 - 6.04 miles@8:20/mi

Slept it out this morning, to the extent that I had to run solo, as the MSBers and Panthers were long gone on their rounds. Feeling very heavy on the Carpoporto circuit, but getting out was the main thing.

Next

There won't be much running next week either, in spite of my half marathon plan officially starting tomorrow. Reason is, I have a very important interview on Friday, and this will take up most of my spare time and energy. From there, I will be going directly to my graduation ceremony.

How best to recover from all of this? In my case, I have signed up for the National Novices XC, back in Navan on Saturday afternoon. It should be a great way to just get rid of all the tension and energy that no doubt will build up over the next few days. Not finishing last would be good too :D Thanks for reading. J.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Best of luck with the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Good luck in the interview and enjoy the graduation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Best of luck with the interview J.

Best of luck with the interview!

I'm signed up for the National Novice XC with the club too...guess they wanted someone to bring up the rear!
    Hopefully get to say hi again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Good luck for the interview :)

Good luck J, and enjoy the graduation. Good talking point for your interview, maybe. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Best of luck J!

Advertisement