Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing incident at Essex quay Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I read on Facebook that two men were fighting and one was pushed over the railing into the Liffey. No idea how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Read on twitter that there is multiple ambulance so I thought there was a large number of people involved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

[SNIP] Local Junkies fighting[/SNIP] ? Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Mr.S wrote: »
    Twitter is saying a stabbing.

By someone looking to meet his 72 virgins or a personal feud I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Been wondering about this too - got a new notification but no details, and Google Maps shows traffic seriously disrupted across most of the north city centre including Capel St., Parnell St. and Dorset St. almost to Drumcondra.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

theguzman wrote: »
    Dublin's first example of Cultural Enrichment perhaps? Hopefully not.

Utterly pathetic.
    "Hopefully not" doesn't quite ring genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

20 year old stabbed, non life threatening. Two arrested according to Rte.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1209/1016179-dublin-stabbing/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

20 year old stabbed, non life threatening. Two arrested according to Rte.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1209/1016179-dublin-stabbing/

Junkie dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

We have plenty of our own who know how to use a knife

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

Fairly common around Europe now, that Irish lecturer killed in Paris a few days ago for insulting the big Mo by a Pakistani lad and three more stabbed today in mulhouse, all women one with her 10yo daughter, so common it's not really big news anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Utterly pathetic.
    "Hopefully not" doesn't quite ring genuine

Ooh...the anticipation, the excitement, some people have been waiting for this day for
    ages...it's like Christmas Eve for some in here.

Same people will disappear off the thread soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

details seem clear that its a man and a woman in custody and a man in his 20s has non life threatening injuries

sounds likelier to be our natives, the kind that hang out waiting for their fix down around wood quay

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Fairly common around Europe now, that Irish lecturer killed in Paris a few days ago for insulting the big Mo by a Pakistani lad and three more stabbed today in mulhouse, all women one with her 10yo daughter, so common it's not really big news anymore!

Registered today... wonder how long before you're banned again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

By someone looking to meet his 72 virgins or a personal feud I wonder.

Wonder? I think the word you are looking for is 'wish'.:rolleyes:

the irish lecturer was killed for failing a student

no idea what yr other ref is but im sure its just as 'reliable'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Bollocks, that's exactly what you are hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The whole thing was reported with typical censored fashion so yes my first thought was some lunatic doing something. We have open borders, a police force who's only job is as enforcers of the Revenue and corrupt Judiciary. I don't wish for a terror attack on Ireland but it is not a matter of if but when because we are sitting ducks right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

There are many news reports claiming he insulted the paedo prophet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Friend of mine was there. Heard something about snackbars being yelled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Something tells me that this incident is world away from a university lecture being stabbed by an extremist muslim student!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I'd kill for a purple snackbar!!!

I really hope you and the person that thanked your post research this a bit better! Just Google it, the killer has said his motivation was that he believed he insulted Mo, I can't post links yet but it's in all the main news sources. Here's a quote from the Irish mirror.

"Irish lecturer John Dowling had allegedly ‘insulted the Prophet Mohammed' beforebeing murdered in cold blood outside the Paris university where he taught, his killer has told French police."

Can I ask you why you thought this was fake news?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This is what happens when confectionery companies lower the quality of their product.

Just wait for the outrage when people see the Cadburys Roses have been reduced again.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Seems like some people here were hoping for it to be a Muslim fella doing the stabbing so they could bring their racism more into the mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The whole thing was reported with typical censored fashion so yes my first thought was some lunatic doing something. We have open borders, a police force who's only job is as enforcers of the Revenue and corrupt Judiciary. I don't wish for a terror attack on Ireland but it is not a matter of if but when because we are sitting ducks right now.

What censored fashion was it posted in? The fashion of sparse details to a breaking news story? Or something more sinister where big media is trying to control the narrative?

I reckon you do wish.. and really wish and hope it is by someone with a skin tone a shade darker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

"Allah Akbar"

hqdefault.jpg

you sound like an actual crazy person

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Seems like some people here were hoping for it to be a Muslim fella doing the stabbing so they could bring their racism more into the mainstream.

Look, even if this wasn't, and the 3 women stabbed in a French train station also had nothing to do with radical Islam you can't really blame people for entertaining the idea can you? I mean it is the European jihadists go to, I am gonna guess you wouldn't be overly offended if someone hypothesized a white guy with right wing leanings responsible for a school shooting if news broke?

• Advertisement

There are many news reports claiming he insulted the paedo prophet.

haven't read one that said anything of the sort

got a link

Advertisement