Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Integral SSD Drives 240GB - 28e delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

In time honoured BA tradition I had just spent €22.13 on a 120GB SSD yesterday.

Nice spot. OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Good timing for me... ordered. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Great value picked up an SSD for less than 30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Great value picked up an SSD for less than 30

Are they likely to get caught for customs? I need a few so order will be over a €100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Qwerty? wrote:
    Are they likely to get caught for customs? I need a few so order will be over a €100

Customs from an Irish site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

RossieMan wrote: »

I don't think they come from Ireland though. I ordered the sd cards recently and they took nearly 3 weeks to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

yet another device I will have to find a use for .....

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They are based in jersey
    true .... but the last shipment I got from them was posted in the Netherlands, address on the invoice was in Switzerland and it was split to keep the customs value below €22

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

tphase wrote: »
    true .... but the last shipment I got from them was posted in the Netherlands, address on the invoice was in Switzerland and it was split to keep the customs value below €22

you dont pay customs on anything from within the EU. Jersey or not, still exempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

RossieMan wrote: »

I thought they shipped from Jersey. So my understanding was it is liable for customs? I know in the past they used to split to keep it under customs.
    Just confirming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice one OP, perfect little drive for Kodi stuff.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

is there any difference in reputation/reliability with the kingston drive at the same price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

And p series or v series? p series faster, but v series originally more expensive???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

And p series or v series? p series faster, but v series originally more expensive???

A quick Google says V series is the Value Series and the P series is the Performance Series.

Think the V series is just older so started at a higher price point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Good spot op cheers!. I suppose i'd need to buy the Sata cables separately?
    EDIT: Ordered! Thanks again op.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

parasite wrote: »
    is there any difference in reputation/reliability with the kingston drive at the same price ?

I got a kingston and they had good reviews when I checked them out. Not sure if integral is better though.

I got a cruicial 500gb on amazon, it was under £60 and was the better model range of cruicial. They have a BX range which is budget, and the better MX range. It has has a 5year warranty and is meant to stand up to more transfers, i.e. longer expected life. The 500gb ones seemed to be the best price per gb, though I saw on camelcamelcamel that the good 1TB cruicial had dropped a lot for a day or 2.

These "performance" and "value" ranges might have similar differences, though the speed specs might be identical.

I still cannot get over the improvement I saw in a laptop putting in the 240gb kingston, and the old one can still be used for backup in an enclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's a great price.

SSDs really have came down in price, I remember paying 70 odd euro for a 120gb one not that long ago, probably about 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Rookie question here: Are those compatible with only certain desktops/laptops?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

No, they will work in any pc/laptop that can take a sata drive.

• Advertisement

you can google your model number and see if it can be done, or post in the tech forums if unsure.

I have some laptops about 13 years old which would not take them, most newer than that can.

In older systems the speed of them may not be used to it's fullest, but is likely still a huge improvement. If you put a ssd in an old laptop and put on a "light" version of ubuntu instead of windows it can have remarkable performance. I had to stick with windows 7 on the first I did but it was still a massive improvement, it was about 6 years old and mid range at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-SATA-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B0771YJNSX

Amazon has it for £29.99 with free delivery if you have prime. Under 35 euro converted.

Still a good bit cheaper at 28.50 euro with OP link and discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Does anyone know if this would be able to go internally into a Lenovo IdeaPad Z580?

Does anyone know if this would be able to go internally into a Lenovo IdeaPad Z580?

yeah, you can see on cruicials site they have ssds for it, which are the same size/type

https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Lenovo/ideapad-z580

and nothing weird about removing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

styron wrote: »

Got my 240gb ssd delivered two weeks ago from mymemory and there was no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone who ordered at the weekend received their's yet?

MyMemory orders always take about a week or 8 days for me. I ordered on the 16th so I'm thinking Friday (if I'm lucky) or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Sciprio wrote: »
    Good spot op cheers!. I suppose i'd need to buy the Sata cables separately?
    EDIT: Ordered! Thanks again op.

Where is the cheapest place to get these cables or do they come in the box?

• Advertisement

not yet. usually takes about a week

Advertisement