Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saracens vs Munster, Sat 20th April, 3pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Erik Shun wrote: »
    But assistants are not... I think JVG is looking to bring in some fresh blood
    Apart from Jerry, he should completely clear house

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rhodes MOTM for me before Billy.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The love-in for Billy Vunipola is vomit-inducing here.

'A tough week'. Piss off. He gave his support to someone who said gays are going to hell. Tough week my hole.

He probably was MOTM but the downplaying of his nonsense is a joke.

DOC keeping his mouth closed whenever it was suggested was telling in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Wonder why they gave Vunipola MOTM. Hardly to get a reaction :rolleyes: Farrell for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

POM was at nothing today. Only noticeable thing have been the penalties he has given away.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Faugheen wrote: »

'A tough week'. Piss off. He gave his support to someone who said gays are going to hell. Tough week my hole.

Actually offensive how sympathetic they're being towards him.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Don't understand why they waited till the 70 odd minute to bring Matthews on.

More creativity here than in the Munster attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

DOC keeping his mouth closed whenever it was suggested was telling in my opinion.

Selling this as redemption for Vunipola is pathetic. Is Nick Heath a commentator with them? Penny for his thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭twinytwo

kmart6 wrote: »
    POM has been nothing today. Only noticeable thing have been the penalties he has given away.

No one did anything today...

What will change next season? .... nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

POM was at nothing today. Only noticeable thing have been the penalties he has given away.

Rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster are becoming the Mayo of the Heineken Cup. That's three seasons in a row they've been utterly dominated at this stage of the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

POM has been nothing today. Only noticeable thing have been the penalties he has given away.

Hardly unusual for him. Vastly overrated player, along with Stander.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

fitz wrote: »
    Actually offensive how sympathetic they're being towards him.

After the try:

"That was the highlight of the toughest of weeks for him"

STFU Nick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

JVG should be let go. He's hopeless. No idea what he's adding to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The way that the commentators are saying that it has been a tough week for Vunipola, like he somehow had no control over proceedings. If that was an Irish or Leinster player I would be ****ing livid with him as a fan. Not because I disagree with his views, I do, but because he has brought that **** into the squad going into a huge game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He shouldn't get credit for that. If he has an issue with it speak up. Instead people will associate the fact he stayed quiet as being against it, when the flip side of it is he want's to keep getting TV work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

vetinari wrote: »
    He's only been in the job a year and a half and didn't get to choose his staff.
    That will not change in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Bad news, he only signed a new contract with Munster last week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

"Behind closed doors there's been a lot of love... I believe in what I believe in."

Disgusting stuff all 'round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

ROG needs to come home. Bring that Crusader attacking flare and bring the skills up.

There's no obvious signings to make at this point, the squad is there or there abouts. They just need better coaching

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

razorblunt wrote: »
    The penalty where he was resting on Beirne’s back?

Only after the turnover had been effected. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

He's only been in the job a year and a half and didn't get to choose his staff.
    That will not change in the summer.

That is a pity, jobs for boys is not a professional approach

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

"Behind closed doors there's been a lot of love... I believe in what I believe in."

And if he was a fringe player the love would be a lot less. Doubt he recognises that himself though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Absolutely clear he's not one bit sorry.
    He's a bigot, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Munster lack creativity from 1-15, don’t know why all the crticism lands with Jones. There is no front foot ball created for the backs to work off. No connected phase play to create space. Just truck it up, one out runners, far to easy for top teams to defend against. There is no clear gameplan to create space. Just a hope the opposition will make mistakes. Defence is excellent and enough to get them this far, but not enough to win games at the business end of the season.

That’s the second semi final in a row that Beirne’s been anonymous in. Like Munster when it comes to the big games he fades away. Think he lacks the physicality when the game steps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Munster are becoming the Mayo of the Heineken Cup. That's three seasons in a row they've been utterly dominated at this stage of the tournament.

At least they're consistent.

In all seriousness, that is their level, they know where the gap to the top is, the game played out much as I expected.

As a Leinster fan i think we'll edge Toulouse but won't beat that Saracens team, especially in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Larbre34 wrote: »
    At least they're consistent.

In all seriousness, that is their level, they know where the gap to the top is, the game played out much as I expected.

As a Leinster fan i think we'll edge Toulouse but won't beat that Saracens team, especially in England.

Leinster at their best is better than Saracens at their best. They match up well.

But they need a serious uptick in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

Cant be surprised at the result today.

Two biggest problems for me is that progress and development of our attacking game has been minimal enough since we last played Saracens 2 years ago at this stage of the competition. Van Grann and Jones have simply failed to bring the team on to a new level in order to get silverware.

The other is that Munster are not producing enough high quality players, particurly in the front 5. It was basically the same team, playing the same way as it was two years ago.

Not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

He's mainly adding second-rate South Africans.

In which regard, is Taute injured or has he left Munster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Mayo hardly get "utterly dominated" when they fall short. Big difference between Mayo's shortfalls in finals etc and Munster getting deservedly well beaten in semi finals.

Not a great analogy

Advertisement