Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA, rarely being able to see the last post on this thread until someone else posts after it.

The Glitch has claimed another victim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭mossie

People who continue a call whilst being served at the checkout. Put your phone down and give the server some basic manners you ignorant ass.

This. I work in a financial institution and we have to keep asking people to finish, or at least take a break from, their call while we're dealing with cash. Had one guy hurl abuse at one of my colleagues for having no manners while he had a phone glued to his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

mossie wrote: »
    This. I work in a financial institution and we have to keep asking people to finish, or at least take a break from, their call while we're dealing with cash. Had one guy hurl abuse at one of my colleagues for having no manners while he had a phone glued to his head.

Used to annoy me no end.Its so rude,especially as if there was a mistake made i would get the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

If I wasn't afraid of upsetting the weather I'd point out that my nose is sunburned .

Phone sickness . If anyone whips their phone out in my presence if I've given them some of my evening , they'll have the phone for company for the rest of it.

*except for good reason

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My flip phone has been replaced by some startrek like screen contraption with symbols everywhere... I dunno how to place a bloody call - there's no app for that :eek: :confused:

I miss simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Amazon Prime and their stupid regional restrictions on their videos. Paid for another month's membership for new season of a show released yesterday only to find it can’t be viewed in Republic of Ireland.
    Enough to drive me back to Buccaneer Cove ;)

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Amazon Prime and their stupid regional restrictions on their videos. Paid for another month's membership for new season of a show released yesterday only to find it can’t be viewed in Republic of Ireland.

It's beyond a joke. I would expect that they will give you a refund without too much fuss in fairness. I paid for Amazon Prime last December and used a VPN to access the US website but couldn't get access to the British one as it apparently needs evidence that you live there/your debit card is registered to an address there. There's a very informative thread on Boards here explaining how to overcome the regional restriction by using a Revolut card, etc. Anyway, I cancelled it within a month but got all my Christmas Amazon stuff post free so it didn't cost that much I suppose.

My TA: RTÉ Player. It won't let you skip the ads, and when you mute one ad it actually automatically turns off the mute for the next ad. That was a first. I wish you could put in your TV Licence number and avoid all that rubbish. Paying on the double, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

They'll refund. Live chat's useful .

TA people who can't keep a secret to save their own life .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It's beyond a joke. I would expect that they will give you a refund without too much fuss in fairness. I paid for Amazon Prime last December and used a VPN to access the US website but couldn't get access to the British one as it apparently needs evidence that you live there/your debit card is registered to an address there. There's a very informative thread on Boards here explaining how to overcome the regional restriction by using a Revolut card, etc. Anyway, I cancelled it within a month but got all my Christmas Amazon stuff post free so it didn't cost that much I suppose.

My TA: RTÉ Player. It won't let you skip the ads, and when you mute one ad it actually automatically turns off the mute for the next ad. That was a first. I wish you could put in your TV Licence number and avoid all that rubbish. Paying on the double, again.

Probably for the TH thread but I just got off Live chat with Prime Video and asked them to change my account location to UK and they did without a problem. Already had Revolut card and my Parcel Motel address associated with the account. Have the weekend now to watch Season 5 of Bosch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

TAed that I have no great desire to vote for anyone in the upcoming local/european elections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Heard Manic 2000 on the radio before I went to work and it’s been stuck in my head ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People who try to force the truth down my throat when I would rather remain blissfully ignorant and hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The laptop Im on now, constantly looses connection with its broadband, meaning I spend a lot of time clicking in and out of the back/forward menu that comes up when I click thinking I still have broadband, the phone is maybe two feet from it still has broadband and its all comming from the same source.

I want to mute a poster on another thread and as soon as I get the coursor to the poster's name, it changed to a italic i, so I cant click into it, even tho I get the internet hand icon for their friends, groups options.

Passed all my workshops for uni(just) and will shortly be invited back for year three, so now I have to spend my early summer balancing off the potential benifits of getting to year 5 against another two years of freaking out cause of they have a policy of not helping challanged learners(my pov of this is what they are doing is the equavalant of refusing to let a disabled person used a say, a ramp as non diabled people would use it as too) as well as having to pay for this stress and potential humiliation.:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

#TeamOfUs

shudders.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

#TeamOfUs

shudders.....................

Rugby fan here...and can't disagree with you in the slightest :D

"I'm totally in" bird drives me spare

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you have a good post for this thread and you say you'll post later a d then you can't remember it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Sitting in hairdressers with my appointment LATE AGAIN! I go back because it’s not my stylist’s fault (owner is desperate for double booking) and it’s the best wash blow dry I get. The killer is I could be sitting in a coffee shop waiting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    Sitting in hairdressers with my appointment LATE AGAIN! I go back because it’s not my stylist’s fault (owner is desperate for double booking) and it’s the best wash blow dry I get. The killer is I could be sitting in a coffee shop waiting

I'd be asking for a discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'd be asking for a discount!

Nah, just make a few appointments and don’t show up.

Much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Let myself get sunburned today. First sunny day of the year and I'm a lobster...

• Advertisement

Oh yeah. Health insurance renewal time. The worst insurance of all. A complete conjob the way they bring 330 "new" plans to the market each year to confuse us in the hope we won't mess with what we have and just pay the extra. Rename. Repackage. Drop bits and pieces. Add bits and pieces. An entire industry of arrant shysters.

This moment, I'm particularly annoyed that I must wade through gazillions of maternity plans, breast cancer support offerings and all the rest when last time I checked I wouldn't be in the market for any of that. And then we have "Certain Special Procedures" and a whole raft of other cryptic exemptions which essentially mean I'm just going to have to ring each company and ask them.

There is a way more intelligent, consumer-friendly way to run a health insurance market. Well done on the government for allowing this anti-consumer free for all every year in an industry they're supposed to be regulating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

honeybear wrote: »

Definitely a TA of mine also.

Doesn't happen in my regular hairdressers but in some others. And it annoys me even more when there is no effort to acknowledge the lateness or apologise for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just been informed that I’m obliged to attend the ‘name reveal’ of a pregnant relative tomorrow.

I had never even heard of one, but apparently she will reveal the name of her impending baby via icing on a cake and everyone tells her how great it is.
    Then there will be prosecco to toast it and a party.

It’s bad enough that I’ve already had to go to the gender reveal and the baby shower (and had to give gifts for both!!!).
    I don’t even know if I’m supposed to bring a present tomorrow, what does one purchase as a gift for revealing their child’s name????

So sick of all this American cr*p, this one thinks she’s a Kardashian and also the first woman to ever get pregnant.

I could maybe justify a party if she was picking something outlandish & crazy like MoonUnit or Apple, but she’s a banker to pick a normal standard name like Sarah or Niamh or something like that.

I can think of better ways to spend my Easter Sunday :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Just been informed that I’m obliged to attend the ‘name reveal’ of a pregnant relative tomorrow.

I had never even heard of one, but apparently she will reveal the name of her impending baby via icing on a cake and everyone tells her how great it is.

It’s bad enough that I’ve already had to go to the gender reveal and the baby shower (and had to give gifts for both!!!).
    I don’t even know if I’m supposed to bring a present tomorrow, what does one purchase as a gift for revealing their child’s name????

So sick of all this American cr*p, this one thinks she’s a Kardashian and also the first woman to ever get pregnant.

I could maybe justify a party if she was picking something outlandish & crazy like MoonUnit or Apple, but she’s a banker to pick a normal standard name like Sarah or Niamh or something like that.

Ahh here, tell them you can't make it, have other plans made, that is just over the top cringe.

Can you not say you had other plans already made ?
    Presents for the gender reveal , presents for baby shower , more tomorrow , and again when the baby is born ?

She won't need to buy anything at all at this rate .

Would love a decent night out, but I know that if I go out here it’ll be shíte and I’ll spend the night wishing I had stayed at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Feck that! I would say I'm washing my hair. ;)
    And definitely no more gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Massive spot after bursting out on my neck. Mount Vesuvius wouldn't have a patch on it. Maybe it's karma for eating lindt eggs today when it's only Easter Saturday...

Need to go for a shower, but I really like my makeup today and don’t wanna wash it off :(

• Advertisement

Rebel Wilson .

She annoys me .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement