Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Set my port over for 7:10 this morning using the optioned recommended here. Is still at porting over stage so that's better then yesterday. While its porting can I still use one of the sims should it be my virgin sim I use or my gomo. Sorry for the questions just not sure how it works.

Virgin port can take hours.

Continue to use your virgin sim in your mobile for everything until you see the network drop or you get for example Sim not valid.

Than put your gomo sim into the mobile and configure your phone and voice mail.

After about 10 minutes aks some people you know to call or text you to see if the port worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Virgin port can take hours.

Continue to use your virgin sim in your mobile for everything until you see the network drop or you get for example Sim not valid.

Than put your gomo sim into the mobile and configure your phone and voice mail.

After about 10 minutes aks some people you know to call or text you to see if the port worked fine.

Thanks will do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

fritzelly wrote: »
    Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111523329&postcount=690

My apn says eir mobile, should I change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Thanks will do that

Transfered and all working thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KOT8

Funny....GoMo decided to port my number yesterday. I don't even have the SIM yet!?!?! Got onto their chat applet support last week and they assured me nothing would happen until I got the SIM. Got back onto them yesterday and they told me I'd have to wait another 10 days for a new SIM. So currently without a phone 🤨
    I've had issues with Eir in the past.......history repeating itself 🤦🏼*♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mantis1234

How long does it generally take to port a number fro tesco to Gomo? I've been at "Port is in progress" for over 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KOT8

Well the porting process started about 10am on Tuesday morning took about 45mins

• Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ported early this morning. Been driving all round Dublin today. Three dropped calls so far. I haven't even used the ter dropped calls in about 10 years. I'm hoping it's just a bad day & not a sign of things to come

I had Internet on the new sim before porting but not after. A reboot restored my Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Hi,

I have received my two GOMO sim cards and I want to port over, but I cannot login to my GOMO account to port the numbers.

I've asked to reset the password, but I haven't received an email, even though it has told me that it's sent one.

I doubled checked the email by asking to verify it and inputting the code texted to my GOMO sim.

Any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Think there is an issue with the GoMo site at the moment, I can't login either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

advertsfox wrote: »
    Think there is an issue with the GoMo site at the moment, I can't login either.

Me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mondeq

Hi all.
    First off, a big Thank You, to all on this thread for your input as I became very wise after reading through it ........ and
    I signed up to boards.ie as a result. This is my experience of the great changeover.

I selected 2 p.m. to day as change over time. At 2.57 p.m. my old eir network shut down.
    I put in the gomo sim and after 5 mins or so, I got 2 texts from gomo. The second one informed that my old number was now set up.
    To test this, I used my landline and dialled my number and got through. I signed up on the second day of their launch, so as to
    give them a decent time frame to set things up for me. The sim arrived after 2 days.

So to sum up, it took them approximately 1 hour 10 mins to cut off from the old contract and kick off the new one.

Is anyone else getting dropped calls. I've had six so far today. Usually when you are in a bad area you can't hear them or they can't hear you. It might come back or it might cut off after a few seconds. These calls today are dropping instantly. Phone shows no network coverage, then without moving coverage pops back. I'm wondering if I have a dodgy sim or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting dropped calls. I've had six so far today. Usually when you are in a bad area you can't hear them or they can't hear you. It might come back or it might cut off after a few seconds. These calls today are dropping instantly. Phone shows no network coverage, then without moving coverage pops back. I'm wondering if I have a dodgy sim or something?
    Possibly or else it's loose in the slot. Is it a dual SIM phone?

I saw in another thread a guy complaining about calls being dropped today as he drove around Dublin.

lighthouse wrote: »
    I saw in another thread a guy complaining about calls being dropped today as he drove around Dublin.

That could have been me in an earlier post on this thread :o

That could have been me in an earlier post on this thread :o

Yea it was. Try this thread, lot more people on it

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058023141

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Maybe you've a bad sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Any way to.see how many minutes or text or GB I have left each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Any way to.see how many minutes or text or GB I have left each month?

Terms and conditions on GoMo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just had a text on one of my phones from support saying account been temporarily suspended and to confirm details at https/sign PayPal.com/en to avoid account lock out.

Did a test text to my other phone - worked perfectly well

The. Hackers are out there, don’t share any information via text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Is there anyway to check usage. I have had my sim a week and its saying I have used 80 percent of my fair usage used.

damagegt wrote:
    Is there anyway to check usage. I have had my sim a week and its saying I have used 80 percent of my fair usage used.

What is saying that? Did you get a text?

In settings on your phone you can set up start of bill month and it will record how much data you use. You can set up an alarm to warn you when you reach certain levels

What is saying that? Did you get a text?

In settings on your phone you can set up start of bill month and it will record how much data you use. You can set up an alarm to warn you when you reach certain levels
    Yes, I got a text. I didn't set the monitor on my phone as usually the website has a monitoring section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭DopeTech

damagegt wrote: »

Are you sure it's not your phone telling you that you are 80% of the way towards 2GB. That's a default on most android phones but you just turn it off or set the limit to 80gb

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not your phone telling you that you are 80% of the way towards 2GB. That's a default on most android phones but you just turn it off or set the limit to 80gb

Nope, it's a text from gomo
    "You have reached 80% of the monthly Fair Use Policy allowance."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

NVM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

damagegt wrote: »
    Nope, it's a text from gomo
    "You have reached 80% of the monthly Fair Use Policy allowance."

The allowance will be pro-rata from the porting date till the 31st so you wont have the full allowance. Would you have used over 2.5GB each day since you ported?

Davy wrote:
    The allowance will be pro-rata from the porting date till the 31st so you wont have the full allowance. Would you have used over 2.5GB each day since you ported?

Well done. In figuring that out. I've been recking my head trying to figure out how the poster could be close to the fair usage and I've been stumped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Davy wrote: »

Innnnnteresting.

SIM activated 21/10 so thats around 1/3. 26.5GB or thereabouts. 10GB used. Might test this out.

Advertisement