Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebel burger. No, no, no!

Options
  • 13-11-2019 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

So burger King have spread the v virus to Ireland.
    And I'm not happy...

If I want a burger, I want it to be real meat. If I want a salad I want it to be a salad.
    Ah the poor vegans want it all.
    Well ye can fook off and eat seeds and help the planet and leave the tasty food to us that enjoy flavour.

Had to be said.
    I can't be the only one to think this, maybe I am...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Are Burger King doing away with all their meat products?

No?

Grand. Panic averted. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Trump
    Witty reply? Yea trump is the cause of all vegans, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

It's just giving people a choice. Gone are the days of the soggy mashed spud/pea/wallpaper paste combo veggie burger which was ubiquitous in chippers of yore.

I'll be sticking to the beef ones personally, choice is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

All this vegan bullshjt sickens me, all these restaurants pandering to <snip> who chose this diet type yet coeliacs who have no option on what they eat are barely a consideration in most restuartants and not at all in fast food joints. McD's and Burger King offer nothing for them except the fries in McD's. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Why do you care what other people eat?
    Beef farming is one of the worst polluters in this country. Just think of all those cow farts floating into the atmosphere next time you go to burger King and eat a few cows mushed together on a bun :)

BuboBubo wrote: »
    It's just giving people a choice. Gone are the days of the soggy mashed spud/pea/wallpaper paste combo veggie burger which was ubiquitous in chippers of yore.

I'll be sticking to the beef ones personally, choice is a great thing.
    Very true, and tbh. I like to have some meat with my iceberg lettuce tomato and onion. Instead of iceberg lettuce tomato onions and some kind of soy beans plus iceberg lettuce tomato and onions minced(add some spices for effect) for my burger.
    Cos its not a burger by definition.
    Vegan patty, yes. But not a burger

Why do you care what other people eat?
    Beef farming is one of the worst polluters in this country. Just think of all those cow farts floating into the atmosphere next time you go to burger King and eat a few cows mushed together on a bun :)
    Ffs, I'm hungry now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As said, pandering to the minority. But that's ok, it's giving me ammo to go into vegan/vegetarian only restaurants and demand meat. Seems to be the way it's done.

Relax, I'm not actually going to do that, I just won't go there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

All this vegan bullshjt sickens me
    But why? I cannot understand why it angers people. They don't have to eat it (I'm not vegan or vegetarian).

• Advertisement

Notdeco wrote: »
    And I'm not happy...

If I want a burger, I want it to be real meat. If I want a salad I want it to be a salad.
    Well ye can fook off and eat seeds and help the planet and leave the tasty food to us that enjoy flavour.

Had to be said.

Vegan burgers, like abortions. Only have one if you want one. Neither are compulsory..

As said, pandering to the minority
    Isn't it just another option on the menu though? It's not gonna affect non vegans.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Isn't it just another option on the menu though? It's not gonna affect non vegans.

It is completely and utterly avoidable, I just think that some companies are giving in to the pressure from vegan groups in ensuring there is an option for them at EVERY restaurant.

I don't understand vegans simply because meat is delicious and I couldn't imagine my life without it, but now all these places which are traditionally meat eateries are having to come up with fake meat products to appease the minority. Even though I don't eat vegan, I'm pretty sure Burgerking will be pretty low on the list of where vegans eat, if it's on it at all.

I'm also vehemently against non-meat products being named after meat, and it seems the EU are on my side, changing legislation that basically bans non-meat products from being called burger, sausage, bacon, fillet, and even so far as other terms, such as milk, should not be used to describe something that is not originally what that word means:

http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/dyn/15/amendements/0627/CION-ECO/CE2044

Can I similarly go into a vegan/vegetarian restaurant and demand meat, or that they at least provide 1 meat product for us non-vegans/vegetarians? If not, why not?

It's principle. That's all. I couldn't care less that vegans don't eat meat, as long as they're not preaching to me. Maybe this was an internal decision from Burgerking without the pressure (doubtful, but we'll never know). I just don't agree that everywhere that sells food should provide for vegans/vegetarians. That's all. Personal preference if you will.

Edit: And just found out that it's not actual vegan due to mayo being used in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You can always not eat it. That's still an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It is completely and utterly avoidable, I just think that some companies are giving in to the pressure from vegan groups in ensuring there is an option for them at EVERY restaurant.

It's also possible that they see the market for such things increasing and the fast food companies don't want to be left behind. Plenty of vegans want fast food two.
    Now I think it's probably not very likely that this vegan product will be tasty but I can see a marketing company believing that they could make it profitable.

Still don't really understand the objection.

Vegan/vegetarian restaurants are in the minority so why would someone have a reason to go into one and insist on at least one meat dish?

Because it's double standards, regardless of the amount of current vegan only restaurants. My brother is a chef, and I was tempted to open a cafe/restaurant. He basically told me that even though he does vegan stuff, it doesn't really sell, but if it's not on the menu it's like hanging the business. From his perspective, people want these on the menu but very few actually order them.

Look, it's just my opinion. That burger is not even vegan, so why bother? And I'm not alone on this, just people are now afraid to speak out against vegans because they're automatically seen as a demon. I have absolutely no issue with them, I just don't like seeing it shoehorned into everything, while vegan only places don't have to do meat products. It's plainly double standards. That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Notdeco wrote: »
    And I'm not happy...

Had to be said.

The thick Facebook post virus has spread to Boards.

"Had to be said" - oh yes, definitely. Imagine if it hadn't been said.

Definitely don't think people are afraid to criticise vegans! (The opposite imo - people seem to be disproportionately vocal against them).

I couldn't go vegan or vegetarian either btw - so I don't. That's all people need to be concerned about. If you're saying vegans/vegetarians are the minority on the one hand, well then that's my point about the minority restaurants not being guilty of double standards for not selling meat.

But if it has an effect on a restaurant's bottom line, fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mezzotint

If you don't want the burger don't eat it and stop whining about what someone else isn't eating.

Clearly Burger King thinks there's a market for this, otherwise they wouldn't be selling it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

They have sold the vegetarian beanburger for ages; at least seven years.

The new product name is commercializing the extinction rebellion movement. Should be called Krusty Burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

On a day when someone started a thread saying we'd be better off if the Nazis ran Ireland, somehow this still managed to be the worst thread of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

for a midnight burger she cried more, more, more
    With a rebel yell I cried No, No, No...
    No, no, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'm beginning to think you are Deco.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Be a rebel join the social outcry eat our new burger*

* It's not a burger but it is prepared in oils which will have meat products in them but you don't care or understand all you wanna do is the in thing, you hipster aholes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As said, providing for a minority. But that's ok, it's giving me ammo to go into vegan/vegetarian only restaurants and demand meat. Seems to be the way it's done.

Relax, I'm not actually going to do that, I just won't go there

fyp.. ( never done that before!)

bolded; nope, unless the eatery claims to be non vegetarian they can serve what they like

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Because it's double standards, regardless of the amount of current vegan only restaurants. My brother is a chef, and I was tempted to open a cafe/restaurant. He basically told me that even though he does vegan stuff, it doesn't really sell, but if it's not on the menu it's like hanging the business. From his perspective, people want these on the menu but very few actually order them.

Look, it's just my opinion. That burger is not even vegan, so why bother? And I'm not alone on this, just people are now afraid to speak out against vegans because they're automatically seen as a demon. I have absolutely no issue with them, I just don't like seeing it shoehorned into everything, while vegan only places don't have to do meat products. It's plainly double standards. That's all.

Nope; they choose to include.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭airy fairy

All this vegan bullshjt sickens me, all these restaurants pandering to **** who chose this diet type yet coeliacs who have no option on what they eat are barely a consideration in most restuartants and not at all in fast food joints. McD's and Burger King offer nothing for them except the fries in McD's. Pathetic.

I agree.
    I think the reason being is prep stations, cookers etc being contaminated... obviously coeliacs aren't worth the hassle or investment.
    But if a vegan was committed to the cause, surely they would object to such cross contamination processes also, funny that, I think they're happy to eat their food that was prepared alongside meat products.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm confused. Have vegetarians actually been demanding vegetarian meals in a restaurant, and this is why you don't want this burger to be sold?

Or did you just want a bit of a winge?

Advertisement