Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

Could we be getting on top of this !

I know a local area is getting an isolation centre built by the HSE so they wouldn’t be building it if they thought we didn’t need it , seems conflicting with our numbers , any idea if the city west one is in use ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

My point is any type of growth is not good. How can anyone say a 6% growth is good? It's horrible thinking.

There will be growth every day. Its sad and its horrible but it will happen.

It's growing and it's growing too fast but without restrictions it would be a lot more.

Dailly testing numbers as of yesterday are staying similar to a week ago. We won't see a surge in case numbers if we don't test more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

My point is any type of growth is not good. How can anyone say a 6% growth is good? It's horrible thinking.

It's not horrible, it's pragmatic. The growth slowing is the best we can hope for right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What is good is that the rate of growth is slowing
    A month ago cases were growing 33% a month ago now its 6 % which is a positive news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

It means the ship is turning but not facing the right direction yet
    It may not be "good" but it's a "good sign"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What they are really looking at is a downward trend. It's a whole lot less now than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My aunt was one of the 25 today, an awful feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

You're going to have a tough time of it with that line of thinking. We're holding steady that's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

A growth in cases is good???

It's impossible to have a decrease in cases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Vivienne23 wrote: »
    Could we be getting on top of this !

I know a local area is getting an isolation centre built by the HSE so they wouldn’t be building it if they thought we didn’t need it , seems conflicting with our numbers , any idea if the city west one is in use ?

ICU is full and they can't take in new patients now. That's the real problem now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Because they're saying that the growth in nunber of cases has stayed small. Relatively speaking, it is good.

But the case numbers are meaningless given what we know about testing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Yes.
    Any growth below 10% Is very good

Sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

May the 25 people who died rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Edwina Currie was on Sean O'Rourke this morning and saying that the Irish situation is worse per capita than the UK.
    A load of old crap Edwina.
    O'Rourke did not correct her on this. They have nearly 4 times as many deaths per capita and the only reason that we have more cases per capita is we do more testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Rvsmmnps

What was the average age of the people that passed away today? Probably in or around 80,,they prob had a few underlying illnesses too right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Trolling or naivety? Can't quite figure you out.

ICU is full and they can't take in new patients now. That's the real problem now.

Stop telling lies

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sorry for your loss

May she RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

What? Of course it is, it’s just too soon for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The normal ICU in the Mater was said to be full. But it still has ICU capacity.

Quite a way from ICU being full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

It's realistic. Were you expecting zero cases to be announced today and an end to the restrictions tomorrow?

What? Of course it is, it’s just too soon for that.

They are counting total accumulative positive tests, so you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Speak Now wrote: »
    Not a surge but every death is a tragedy.

No it’s not. Every single times someone dies it is very sad for loved ones but only certain circumstances are tragic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

It's not horrible, it's pragmatic. The growth slowing is the best we can hope for right now.

The growth isn't slowing when we aren't testing enough and people with symptoms waiting to be tested.

That's incorrect, the original ICU beds in some hospitals are full

They have additional beds

branie2 wrote: »
    May the 25 people who died rest in peace

Bodies are starting to pile up abit now alright

They expecting 800 to 1000,we're at 210,so a fair bit to go yet, unfortunately

In the number of new cases, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Stop telling lies
    Confirmed that ICUs are at practicable capacity in three of the major hospitals in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Stop telling lies

Yup as has been explained it's the original ICU beds in some hospitals that are full, the mater is 18 originally. They all have surge plans and extra capacity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement