Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A festival was given the go ahead in Croke Park on 31st July, 200 people were in atte

• 09-08-2020 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

200 people (was originally 500) attended the EID festival in Croke Park on 31st July. An historical building that is deep in Irish history (100th anniversary of Bloody Sunday this year).
    The GAA are supposed to be about promoting Irish culture, heritage and identity.
    Croker was always a sacred place to many Irish people. It's odd that STILL only 50 people are allowed attend any other gathering.
    Why Croke Park? Why not Phoenix Park? Aviva? Chosen deliberately to annoy Irish people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Virtue signalling gone mad. "Look how inclusive and wonderful we are"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Don2012 wrote: »
    200 people (was originally 500) attended the EID festival in Croke Park on 31st July. An historical building that is deep in Irish history (100th anniversary of Bloody Sunday this year).
    The GAA are supposed to be about promoting Irish culture, heritage and identity.
    Croker was always a sacred place to many Irish people. It's odd that STILL only 50 people are allowed attend any other gathering.
    Why Croke Park? Why not Phoenix Park? Aviva? Chosen deliberately to annoy Irish people.

200 people are allowed to an outdoor gathering or match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Virtue signalling gone mad. "Look how inclusive and wonderful we are"

Exactly, they've no idea what they are bringing to this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I've seen Taylor Swift, RHCP and The Rolling Stones at Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Michael Buble at Croke Park greatly annoyed me. An index finger in the eye of the true sons of Hibernia everywhere. I'm convinced they did that one on purpose.

I was there with my "No Candadian Crooners at Croker" sign, but I was roundly ignored by the neo-fash Commie PC brigade.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Michael Buble at Croke Park greatly annoyed me. An index finger in the eye of the true sons of Hibernia everywhere. I'm convinced they did that one on purpose.

Chosen deliberately to annoy Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

At least they stopped Garth Brooks 😲😲

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Exactly, they've no idea what they are bringing to this country.
    I am not "right-wing" btw.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Get Real

And I think they did this brilliantly by displaying our welcoming nature and being inclusive to others.

It encourages others to become involved in, and feel comfortable engaging in Irish culture and taking up an Irish way of life.

Thereby spreading our values, heritage and culture to more people than it would have reached otherwise, while respecting differences and learning about each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Other events at croke Park that op had no issue with

American football
    Rugby
    Football (soccer)
    USimple minds
    Tina Turner
    Westlife
    Take that

Garth fecking Brooks!!!

But a couple of hundred Muslims celebrating EID, well thats just unforgivable and diminishes the "history" of croker:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They will be playing cricket next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

biko wrote: »

Also known as protestant hurling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

I'd pay to see that just for the outrage alone:D
    In all fairness it's a good idea that Croke Park is open to people of all religions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Been to Croker many times yourself, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

They came, prayed and left. No harm done and nothing to get hysterical about. And I don’t think location matters to people like the OP, they could have chosen a car park and people would say it’s inappropriate

Misrepresenting guidelines for outdoor events. Also going on a rant about Irish culture, your second in the last 24 hours. You planning to claim the Irish government are communists again? :pac: Croke Park is not a sacred location fyi, music events and rugby matches have been played there in the past.

I've heard this more than once, but apparently before it was purchased by the GAA in the early 20th century, Jones' Road, where Croke Park is now, was a venue for cricket among other heretical activities.

eviltwin wrote: »
    They came, prayed and left. No harm done and nothing to get hysterical about. And I don’t think location matters to people like the OP, they could have chosen a car park and people would say it’s inappropriate

In 1914 that car park was a chipper and Michael Collins once burnt his mouth on a chip there, OMG they are diminishing Irelands culture by allowing them to pray there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since they started to allow foreign sports and concerts Coke has gone from a national GAA treasure to just another sportsground like Aviva or Tallaght Stadium.

We should make Semple Stadium the new GAA flagship.
    It would do the dubs good to have to travel outside their comfort zone to watch real sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

Oh the HORROR

It's only a stadium ffs. A public amenity, that some members of the public were allowed to use for a single purpose one day, and no harm to anyone came of it.

• Advertisement

Since they started to allow foreign sports and concerts Coke has gone from a national treasure to just another sportsground like Aviva or Tallaght Stadium.

Depends on who you ask :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Garth fecking Brooks!!!

What the hell is your problem.

Since they started to allow foreign sports and concerts Coke has gone from a national GAA treasure to just another sportsground like Aviva or Tallaght Stadium.

So it's all been downhill since 1985? :rolleyes:

Bobblehats wrote: »
    What the hell is your problem.

Have you heard Garth Brooks "sing"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Have you heard Garth Brooks "sing"?

Amongst other things. He’s all action

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Amongst other things. He’s all action

Each to their own i suppose.

:rolleyes:

Hi Deebles, how's your trolling and bullying gang tactics going?

I was always of the view that Croke Park was just another stadium anyway and not the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or the Golden Temple of Amritsar.

Been to Croker many times yourself, have you?

To watch Gaelic and hurling, your point??

• Advertisement

Hi Deebles, how's your trolling and bullying gang tactics going?

Deebles is actually a decent poster and long standing well-respected member. You're a couple of hundred posts deep and posting low-key racist posts designed to inflame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement