Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post mobile €15 for everything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What's the cancellation period and process for Post Mobile please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There is none for prepay. Just don't top up and port away using a new supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭ffocused

I am using an iPhone and personal hotspot setting is gone. It may be available on Android but hotspot was probably removed by the Postmobile iOS config profile that has to be installed for data access.

My wife’s iPhone is the same and also on Postmobile.
    My work iPhone (on Vodafone) has the hotspot available, but my data allowance is used up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I am using an iPhone and personal hotspot setting is gone. It may be available on Android but hotspot was probably removed by the Postmobile iOS config profile that has to be installed for data access.

Does it allow entering the APN into personal hotspot section of data settings or is that also removed?

If you can't get it working then ask them to fix it as ISPs aren't allowed block tethering any more...something to do with EU net neutrality rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

TheDriver wrote: »
    There is none for prepay. Just don't top up and port away using a new supplier

Thanks, I've cancelled the auto-topup and removed my credit card details.

Strangely, it says that my current plan expires on 8th Jan 2021, though I've no idea why it would be so far out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭headtheball14

Thanks, I've cancelled the auto-topup and removed my credit card details.

Strangely, it says that my current plan expires on 8th Jan 2021, though I've no idea why it would be so far out.

There was a free month offer with new accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Hi All

Has anyone else tried this for tethering and is it working?
    Has anyone gone over the 50GB do they just throttle the speed or if you top up again get a fresh 50GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

irbx wrote: »
    Hi All

Has anyone gone over the 50GB do they just throttle the speed or if you top up again get a fresh 50GB?
    use it all the time for tethering no problems on a samsung 21s

A couple of posters couldn't set iPhone hotspot APN, phone data worked but tethering wouldn't.

Android should be fine for tethering.

irbx wrote: »
    Hi All

Worked fine for me on android today.
    Haven't gone over the limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just one to be on the lookout for if you are on PM.
    Please be aware of a fake social media account @AnPostSupport
    26 November 2020

Please be aware of a fake social media account in circulation pretending to be an An Post support page and asking customers to contact them with queries. Please note the official An Post social media accounts are @Postvox and @AnPost

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

Are they are using the FUP abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Was anyone with an iPhone able to get tethering working?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

I left an post mobile because it's service does not support hotspot.
    I was using android smartphone .
    I tried on 4 different android smartphones no no avail.
    I asked a post mobile customer service by email and by phone and to triple check on Facebook messenger and was told by allay this time .an post mobile service don't support hotspot to another android devices which is what I needed.
    Didn't try on windows system and dont have Apple device .
    But was told iPhone wasn't supposed with hotspot neither.
    So left an post mobile. Pity .owell

I left an post mobile because it's service does not support hotspot.
    I was using android smartphone .
    I tried on 4 different android smartphones no no avail.
    I asked a post mobile customer service by email and by phone and to triple check on Facebook messenger and was told by allay this time .an post mobile service don't support hotspot to another android devices which is what I needed.
    Didn't try on windows system and dont have Apple device .
    But was told iPhone wasn't supposed with hotspot neither.
    So left an post mobile. Pity .owell

Using postmobile for hot spotting on Samsung phone wont work on I phones

fbradyirl wrote: »

Won't work on I phones

Using postmobile for hot spotting on Samsung phone wont work on I phones
    You miss understood me.
    Don't use iPhones or any apple devices.
    Only use android smartphone and devices.
    An post mobile didn't work with hotspotting. From one android smartphone to another android smartphone. Tried different brands like Samsung and Nokia and Huawei. All recent android devices using android 10 and 11.
    An post mobile customer service told me by phone don't currently support hotspot feature in android smartphones .

Strange. My android hotspots fine on PM.
    Their website now says it doesn't hotspot on iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hotspot working fine on a Pixel 4 up to last week and now on a Xiaomi.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Strange. My android hotspots fine on PM.
    Their website now says it doesn't hotspot on iPhones.

don't know.
    that is what i was told over phone that android smartphone to android smartphone didn't work.
    i was with an post mobile for a week because i tried to hotspot from samsung phone to samsung tablet and wouldn't work as needed for work .
    tried huawei p30 pro , did not work, then tried nokia 9 and didn't work.
    tried to hotspot to my vehicle android unit and didn't work.
    got my brother to try and he couldn't get to work.

• Advertisement

Hotspot working fine on a Pixel 4 up to last week and now on a Xiaomi.

just sent another email now to confirm if hotspot from android smart phone to another android device is supported. i post up what they say.

if hotspot works then i would have stayed gladly but was deal breaker for me. this was in january this year unless something changed.

just sent another email now to confirm if hotspot from android smart phone to another android device is supported. i post up what they say.

if hotspot works then i would have stayed gladly but was deal breaker for me. this was in january this year unless something changed.

I suspect they will just repeat the "don't support hotspot" line...what they mean is that if it doesn't work then they won't do anything to remedy it...the pertinent question is whether they are blocking it or not and it appears that's possibly what they're doing, in your experience.

If you still had an active PM SIM then there are a couple of things to tweak in APN settings that might get it working.

It's unusual for Android, it's usually IPhone they block it on, either way they're not supposed to be blocking data sharing to other devices, that's more of a regulatory issue that Comreg should be addressing.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    I suspect they will just repeat the "don't support hotspot" line...what they mean is that if it doesn't work then they won't do anything to remedy it...the pertinent question is whether they are blocking it or not and it appears that's possibly what they're doing, in your experience.

If you still had an active PM SIM then there are a couple of things to tweak in APN settings that might get it working.

It's unusual for Android, it's usually IPhone they block it on, either way they're not supposed to be blocking data sharing to other devices, that's more of a regulatory issue that Comreg should be addressing.

Thought it was weird it wouldn't work.
    i told them if hotspot works i would sign up with them and still got same answer.

Got several emails which say hotspot not blocked for android smartphone to another android device but said if I have issue contact them. I said I changed to Gomo because at time in January an post mobile couldn't fix as didn't support
    I rang again today which is probably the best answer
    Android hotspot should work where can hotspot from android smartphone to another android device But if it doesn't work we can support to fix this if if doesn't work.
    So in other words if hotspot works for android smartphone then it works.if it doesn't then it doesn't.
    Was told on phone that hotspot with android smartphone to another android device was getting calls about.

Don't know we what to say to it.pity . wanted to try an post mobile as with suit me.

Don't know what to say to it.pity . wanted to try an post mobile as with suit me.

Was APN set as...
    isp.postfone.ie

Were there any other APNs listed in settings?

Were any phones used locked to Vodafone?

Was the phone number ported from Vodafone?

It's difficult to troubleshoot when you don't have a PM SIM to try it out with.

Maybe post the models of handsets used and anyone else using same phone with PM can test hotspot functionality.

They now have this notice on their APN settings page...
    iPhone users please note: currently An Post Mobile SIM's and Mint iPhones do not support MMS or Wi-Fi Hotspot (using you phone as Wi-Fi for other devices) on iPhones. We are working to address this issue.

https://www.anpost.com/Mobile/Data-MMS-settings

It's hardly that complicated for a network to tweak an iPhone setting....or is it?

Was APN set as...
    isp.postfone.ie

Were there any other APNs listed in settings?

Were any phones used locked to Vodafone?

Was the phone number ported from Vodafone?

It's difficult to troubleshoot when you don't have a PM SIM to try it out with.

Maybe post the models of handsets used and anyone else using same phone with PM can test hotspot functionality.

All smartphones were bought new and unlocked and not locked to any network.
    Smartphones used

Samsung galaxy note 10 plus
    Huawei p30 pro
    Nokia preview 9
    Nokia 8.3 5g
    Samsung galaxy note 9
    Samsung galaxy note 10

Received setting from an post mobile
    Double check with settings link Sent by an post mobile customer service to check
    Reset to put in APN settings again.
    None of these things made da any difference.

None of these smartphones used on Vodafone network .

My brother who just moved to an post mobile 2 weeks ago again for third time did a test to see if hotspot works .the tried to hotspot with his new Samsung smartphone which was bought from Amazon which is android to connect with his wife's Samsung and didn't.
    He also tried with his brother in law to connect with Huawei p30 pro. And wouldn't hotspot either.

After having several chat on phone with an post mobile customer service was told yesterday that . hotspot as far as he aware is not blocked.
    She said if it works then it works But if it doesn't then they don't support .
    I asked why this happening and why can it be fixed.
    I was told not supported

They now have this notice on their APN settings page...

https://www.anpost.com/Mobile/Data-MMS-settings

It's hardly that complicated for a network to tweak an iPhone setting....or is it?

Was told that some features that you get from other networks isn't supported on an post mobile service. That what I was told over phone yesterday.
    Hotspot is considered a feature.

I asked for i.t department but you can't talk to i.t.only through customer service it seems.
    I'm gone back to Gomo because hotspot is deal breaker for me as I use sometimes for work.

I asked why these issues.was told not supported.if it works ,it works.if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Was told that some features that you get from other networks isn't supported on an post mobile service. That what I was told over phone yesterday.
    Hotspot is considered a feature.

I asked for i.t department but you can't talk to i.t.only through customer service it seems.
    I'm gone back to Gomo because hotspot is deal breaker for me as I use sometimes for work.

I asked why these issues.was told not supported.if it works ,it works.if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

Was this within the first (free) month?
    Some features such as International calling don't work until after your first paid top-up.

• Advertisement

athlone573 wrote: »
    Was this within the first (free) month?
    Some features such as International calling don't work until after your first paid top-up.

I got few people I know yo see if they could hotspot android smartphone to android and didn't work.
    I tried hotspot with android smartphone to android and didn't work. I tried everything . At first I thought I did some thing work .get settings from an post and everything was correct. I got an post mobile to check and said it was correct.

This is the puzzling part. By email ,an post mobile
    customer servicesaidd it should work.
    But by phone an post mobile customer service said there's issues with hotspot on Android and iPhone.
    They said if hotspot works it works But if it doesn't there's No support.in other words Not supported.
    Don't know if done on purpose or don't have a fix.

Advertisement