Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I also posted similar about gomo to 48 network calls

Strange isn't it? It was working up until yesterday.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Strange isn't it? It was working up until yesterday.

I contacted GoMo about it this afternoon, I didn't know it affected Tesco numbers then though, they said that they hadn't heard of any issues, but as I was on to chat about it, she said she had seen another call come in with a similar issue. Obviously she blamed 48 months, but said she would escalate it anyway. My daughter is on 48 and she can call and text me, but i cant call or text her from GoMo.

On a separate not, I got the new iPhone 12 pro max yesterday and I am getting 5G here in Waterford City today, got a few speed tests on in excess of 100mb with in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I contacted GoMo about it this afternoon, I didn't know it affected Tesco numbers then though, they said that they hadn't heard of any issues, but as I was on to chat about it, she said she had seen another call come in with a similar issue. Obviously she blamed 48 months, but said she would escalate it anyway. My daughter is on 48 and she can call and text me, but i cant call or text her from GoMo.

On a separate not, I got the new iPhone 12 pro max yesterday and I am getting 5G here in Waterford City today, got a few speed tests on in excess of 100mb with in.

I saw the 5G icon today near Kylmore while on the LUAS and said I would go to https://fast.com/ and test it. I got 100Mb on GoMo with my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble making calls on GoMo?

Girlfriend can't call her dad (who's on Tesco mobile). It just says network busy and the dialler beeps a few times.

Same with her mom who's also on GoMo.

Same here, wife on gomo can't call me on 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

DopeTech wrote: »

Very strange and frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Same here, sister and I with Go mo. Cant ring dad whos with Tesco, but he can ring us.

Can people on eir call 48/tesco at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Same here, sister and I with Go mo. Cant ring dad whos with Tesco, but he can ring us.

I have no issues calling Tesco phones. 4 family members on Tesco I'm with gomo.

Very strange, I definitely can’t call 48 customers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Same here, can’t receive calls from Gomo or Eir family members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Same problem here, brother is on Gomo can't ring me on 48 but I can ring Gomo, we are in Mullingar area.

Gomo to 48 and Tesco is resolved now, all good again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

DopeTech wrote: »

Why I left

This happened all the time

People couldn't ring me either

Was issued a new sim twice

Was all bollockş

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Why I left

Was all bollockş

Who did you move to?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Why I left

Was all bollockş

I got sick of getting call catcher texts but no missed calls etc. I'm moving from them too.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Everyone (almost) blaming GoMo for the problem.
    Why?
    With only TescoMobile and 48 being affected the fault would seem to be with their networks, a.k.a. Three.

Three were definitely having problems all weekend, I am with GoMo and wife is with three, I upgraded my iPhone on Friday and gave my wife my old Xs max, since Friday evening we could not activate her iMessage with three, spent over an hour on the phone to apple yesterday, also on the phone to 3. I tried various other sims in the phone, Gomo, 48, and Eir and all activated no problem. 3 even got me to try a new sim which we did, still no joy, back on the phone to apple again this morning. They are totally baffled by it. I decided to port her from 3 to GoMo this morning and once port completed i put sim in her phone and iMessage activated immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

Two stories while roaming
      I was not able to use mobile data for 2 days, checked all the settngs (I thought) and eventually saw that I had disabled mobile data to test the broadband to the house Two days chasing GoMo for an issue that was not theirs - Ouch
    • Still roaming, I was not able to call certain numbers on certain networks in Ireland - eventually found that I had Caller ID set to Do not send own number on my phone. I then realized that some Irish networks reject calls when they do not receive the caller's number. Also there is a setting on some phones to reject calls when the called phone does not receive the caller's number

Neither issue was GoMo's fault though at the time I thought it was.

Never had a real issue with GoMo that we did not resolve quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Anyone know if I switch from GoMo to Eir, will the signal quality/strength be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

august12 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I switch from GoMo to Eir, will the signal quality/strength be the same?

Yes, should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Was in ratoath Co.Meath today and said to do a Speedtest on Gomo 4g,

I got 260Mbps down and 30.2 up.

That’s some download speed....

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/4276572889

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

That shows that there's plenty of room left in 4G+ to suit most people without having to buy a 5G handset until the prices approach more affordable levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

Bummer1234 wrote: »

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/4276572889

I've seen 200Mbps + in Ballincollig in Co. Cork, too bad I can't get that even a third of that in Cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

How much out of the 80gb data can be used roaming in the EU?

It's the EE network in London, a poor network. ( which I realize will not be considered EU on 1 / 1/21).

DID anybody hear the CEO of eir say/ boast on RTÉ only 10 staff on customer support for 250k go mo customers..

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    How much out of the 80gb data can be used roaming in the EU?

It's the EE network in London, a poor network. ( which I realize will not be considered EU on 1 / 1/21).

DID anybody hear the CEO of eir say/ boast on RTÉ only 10 staff on customer support for 250k go mo customers..

1) 10GB

2) Not sure about London but used in the North West and found it great. All urban usage with no travelling however.

3) Yep. Makes sense when they have no phones and just chat screens that they can close when they hit a brick wall with you. It's a barebones operation.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Guys is there any way to contact GOMO other than filling out the online form? I've sent 5 forms over the last 2 months and every time their answer hasn't fixed my issue, I need to speak with someone who can actually understand what my problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

I was with GoMo for about a year on the €9.99 plan but swapped over to 48 this month, but that has gotten awful slow for data. Has anyone managed to get back onto GoMo with their original price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Guys is there any way to contact GOMO other than filling out the online form? I've sent 5 forms over the last 2 months and every time their answer hasn't fixed my issue, I need to speak with someone who can actually understand what my problem is.

You're only other option is log in to your account and use the webchat.

jdon72 wrote: »
    I was with GoMo for about a year on the €9.99 plan but swapped over to 48 this month, but that has gotten awful slow for data. Has anyone managed to get back onto GoMo with their original price?

I’d say you’ll do well to get back on to it. Not quite sure why anyone would move for the sake of €2 unless of course you weren’t happy with their service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Messenger on facebook is the best option. Web chat not helpful.

Advertisement