Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Network Change

• 09-04-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if the contract change to three network just now means that new bill pay phones and existing contracts are null and void? Sorry if this is the wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Wondering the same, heres the link for anyone interested. Seems to be absent from the notifications area on the site also. Found this post on their support forum.

I see that they are not 'offering' the right to exit, but I'm pretty sure under article 14 you can cancel regardless of the change being positive or negative. Might give them a call tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭beachhead

This is a legal requirement obligated by EU regulations on lowering roaming charges within the EU.It cannot be used as a "get out" of contract excuse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Moved from After Hours to here, please take note of the Local Rules :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Wondering the same, heres the link for anyone interested. Seems to be absent from the notifications area on the site also. Found this post on their support forum.

I see that they are not 'offering' the right to exit, but I'm pretty sure under article 14 you can cancel regardless of the change being positive or negative. Might give them a call tomorrow and see how it goes.

Any news ?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭magicray

Very interested in this too, has anyone managed to cancel yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

When it is the result of a Regulation change they don’t have to offer the right to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

The Eu is forcing the operators to change the contracts.

Tesco specifically stated that new contract could not be used to get out of obligations.

Advertisement