boards.ie Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Buying and Selling>Is my car really worth so little?
NIMAN 19:10 15-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by damemcd:
Maybe if you take the Derry City of the back window........
Touché
[Quote] [Thank]
milhous 18:09 22-09-2018
Yeah I think the problem with selling cars over the 10k Mark is the finance issue. I bought a new car this year and due to a change in circumstance thought about trading in for a completely different type of car. They offered me 25k on trade in, I bought at just over 35k. They said the reason being that ppl wouldn't buy off them with finance at 6 or 7% when VW are selling finance at 0.9%.. If anyone is in the market for a newish car though, gd discount here 😂😂 :)
[Quote] [Thank]
NIMAN 13:00 05-10-2018
got a quote of 8k to change from my 161 Golf Highline 1.6 diesel to a 171 Golf SV 1.2 petrol DSG Highline.
[Quote] [Thank]
Casati 13:42 05-10-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by NIMAN:
got a quote of 8k to change from my 161 Golf Highline 1.6 diesel to a 171 Golf SV 1.2 petrol DSG Highline.
That’s a good deal and the SV is a much better family car
[Quote] [Thank]
bazz26 15:23 05-10-2018 (4 Thanks)
I don't think its that hot a deal to be honest. 8k seems expensive to me just to go up one year to a car that yes is more practical for your needs, but the Golf SV isn't exactly a great seller for VW. I cannot see VW bringing launching a new one when the Mk8 arrives next year.
[Quote] [Thank]
monseiur 15:33 05-10-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by NIMAN:
Kinda of testing the water, but if I got a decent deal I'd change soon too
Thinking of taking a wee run around some local dealers in the coming weeks, just to get an idea.

I love the Golf. Great to drive and it has all the bells and whistles.

However, think it's just a little small in the back for 3 kids. And the kids are only getting bigger! So have been thinking about getting something bigger.

The Renault was a 2018 Scenic. It really looks the part, but reading reviews of them online has started to put me off them a bit.
Run a mile from the Renault and don't look back
The ideal vehicle for you is a VW Transporter Kombi - with a bulkhead behind the back seat you'll have a huge boot, ideal for family outings, camping etc. - you'll travel in comfort, safety and style
You can fit a 4 bike rack on the back door if into cycling!
As you'll be trading in a VW you should get a better deal than dealing with a non VW franchise. The Transporter is not the cheapest but it's one of the best in that range - you should get 10 or more years out of one no problem.
No need to buy new there's a good selection of 2012 upwards available here and in UK
M.
[Quote] [Thank]
JoeA3 15:38 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by bazz26:
I don't think its that hot a deal to be honest. 8k seems expensive to me just to go up one year to a car that yes is more practical for your needs, but the Golf SV isn't exactly a great seller for VW. I cannot see VW bringing launching a new one when the Mk8 arrives next year.
The SV has already been canned afaik. Along with the Jetta, Scirocco, Beetle.
[Quote] [Thank]
NIMAN 15:43 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by bazz26:
To be honest that was my thinking.

€8k is a lot for one year, plus they are getting a much more saleable car in return.
[Quote] [Thank]
NIMAN 15:45 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by monseiur:
Run a mile from the Renault and don't look back
The ideal vehicle for you is a VW Transporter Kombi - with a bulkhead behind the back seat you'll have a huge boot, ideal for family outings, camping etc. - you'll travel in comfort, safety and style
You can fit a 4 bike rack on the back door if into cycling!

M.
Jez, few people have a good word to say on the Renaults!

As for the Combi....ah, no its not ideal for me. Its far too big. Its a bloody van!
A lot of the time I commute to work on my own in the Golf, I don't need a van to be bringing to work.

I'd have to actively take up new hobbies just to find a use for it.
[Quote] [Thank]
bazz26 19:43 05-10-2018 (3 Thanks)
OP says an estate is not needed yet gets recommended a van with rear windows.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet