boards.ie Mobile
Page 75 of 75
« First < 2565737475
Commuting & Transport>Irish Rail September Timetable Changes
Jamie2k9 22:54 11-11-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by marieholmfan:
Do tell ?? :)
Nothing to tell, the last time they did an update the signilling system shut down for 2-3 days at the same time each evening. Sources say an update is due to take place tonight so hopefully it goes well, its bad enough every day as it is.

Such updates should take place on Sat (Fri night) or Sun (Sat night) IMO
[Quote] [Thank]
end of the road 23:02 11-11-2018 (1 Thanks)
Disgraceful. This is Brexitism. The rejection of experts.
nope.
irish rail realise there is a capacity issue and have decided to reinstate a lot of the diesels to stations which have been hugely negatively effected in terms of capacity issues due to the new timetable.

Or people could just move down the carriage.
they did. there was still no room.
[Quote] [Thank]
L1011 23:54 11-11-2018 (5 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Zebra3:
Bizarre how under utilised the line has been while hundreds of millions have been spent on the Luas and its' high frequency.

(And no, I'm not asking for that level of frequency on the line!).
It has the two highest used non-electrified commuter stations in the country - how is that under used?

The more capacity you put on Maynooth the more it'll be used, simple as that. The NTA have focused for too long on adding buses - welcome as they are, they take twice as long off-peak and more on-peak. A 15 or even 10 min frequency would still result in full trains on the corridor.
[Quote] [Thank]
marieholmfan 09:55 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by L1011:
It has the two highest used non-electrified commuter stations in the country - how is that under used?

The more capacity you put on Maynooth the more it'll be used, simple as that. The NTA have focused for too long on adding buses - welcome as they are, they take twice as long off-peak and more on-peak. A 15 or even 10 min frequency would still result in full trains on the corridor.
I think one thing to take away from this 'debacle' (not my attitude but almost everyone else's) is that this stuff is hard. Perhaps underserved would be a better term than underutilised.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 75 of 75
« First < 2565737475

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet