boards.ie Mobile
Page 110 of 110
« First < 1060100108109110
Bargain Alerts>2017 Nvidia Shield
pinksoir 10:01 09-01-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by xckjoo:
The app on the Shield is awful. You can pick the country but not the server and it doesn't seem to alternate. I'm thinking of sideloading the standard Android app and seeing if that helps.
You can search for a specific server by inputting the number. It then produces a list of all servers (in all countries) with that number. For example, try going to search and inputting 1234.

I agree the Android TV app sucks though.
[Quote] [Thank]
xckjoo 10:22 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by pinksoir:
You can search for a specific server by inputting the number. It then produces a list of all servers (in all countries) with that number. For example, try going to search and inputting 1234.

I agree the Android TV app sucks though.

Ahhh. I tried the country name hoping it would give me a full list but hadn't tried a serve number. Thanks for the tip.

Do you find it gives consistent connections once you find a working server?
[Quote] [Thank]
degsie 11:53 09-01-2019
Casting a video file to the Shield from VLC player is problematic for me. Lots of stuttering/buffering on 1080p files. Lowering the resolution helps, but not ideal. Anybody else having this problem?
[Quote] [Thank]
pinksoir 12:01 09-01-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by xckjoo:
Ahhh. I tried the country name hoping it would give me a full list but hadn't tried a serve number. Thanks for the tip.

Do you find it gives consistent connections once you find a working server?
Yeah it's super consistent. You can also go into settings and set it to auto-reconnect. So far I haven't had any disconnections though and I've been using it consistently for two weeks.

No kill-switch unfortunately though (on Shield, there is on everything else). This is due to the Shield not having that option as other Android devices do.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 110 of 110
« First < 1060100108109110

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet