Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Myrddin wrote: »
    Could see that being worth mega money.

If it's the only one known in existence then yep, huge money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What about the 3do version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Now all we need to find is an English version of the F-Zero expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Tempest timelapse photos are purty.

tempest-2.jpg

Lots more here:
    https://arcadeblogger.com/2016/07/15/atari-tempest-photography/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

eddhorse wrote: »
    Tempest timelapse photos are purty.

tempest-2.jpg

Lots more here:
    https://arcadeblogger.com/2016/07/15/atari-tempest-photography/
    Gorgeous! I love these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Gorgeous! I love these

They are deadly, what other games would have some?

http://www.rosemariefiore.com/projects-1999-2007-/photographs/view/146

146.jpg?0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They could do one of me playing FZero, but it's just be me banging off the sides.
    Which FZero?
    All of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Setting up my New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition.
    Cant believe I still need to ring Nintendo support to link my Nintendo ID to it because it's getting used on another 3DS. Sort of thought they had sorted all that stuff out :0/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,383 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They could do one of me playing FZero, but it'd just be me banging

:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    :eek:

Tut tut, I thought you were above selective quoting....
    Deary deary me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Corholio wrote: »
    A prototype of the never released North American N64 DD add on was discovered by well known youtuber MetalJesusRocks

original.jpg

What ever happened his idea of a camper van round the U.S drinking, finding games etc on Joe public. Donate here so I can find games. Eh no

Master of the Universe

If that's the worst of it, as JU said earlier, it's going to make the nerd rage surrounding it look biblicaly stupid.

Don't mean to drag this up again but I went to see it last night based on some positive feedback from mates and I'm not being hyperbolic when I say it's one of the worst films I've ever seen.

I seriously cannot find and redeemable qualities to it whatsoever. It's up there as one of the most annoying cast of characters ever. Just so incredibly irritating and unfunny.

Oh and to top all that off its about 40 minutes too long. Which makes it even more excruciating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

in dept look into the snes cd prototype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's up there as one of the most annoying cast of characters ever. Just so incredibly irritating and unfunny.

Careful now, that's enough in some circles to brand you as a sexist apparently :P

In all seriousness, there was bound to be those who hated it, found it passable, or who actually enjoyed it. The trailer wasn't enough for me to want to spend money seeing it in the cinema, but that's not to say it's not an OK film. I need a lot more than that though to bother going the cinema these days.

I enjoyed it.
    But then I've no taste.
    But it was plenty of fun.
    There are far worse ways to spend an evening.
    Anything with Adam Sandler springs to mind, or anything recent with Ben Stiller.
    I liked that all four actresses dialled back, it didn't become a McCarthy or Wiig film, a true ensemble piece.
    It wasn't the original, but it was far better than the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I enjoyed it.
    But then I've no taste.
    But it was plenty of fun.
    There are far worse ways to spend an evening.
    Anything with Adam Sandler springs to mind, or anything recent with Ben Stiller.
    I liked that all four actresses dialled back, it didn't become a McCarthy or Wiig film, a true ensemble piece.
    It wasn't the original, but it was far better than the sequel.

Nope, gotta disagree with that. For all its faults, ghostbusters 2 is way better than Nu.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Nope, gotta disagree with that. For all its faults, ghostbusters 2 is way better than Nu.

Nooooo!
    Just watched it the other night and it was dreadful.
    Even the soundtrack, a thing much derided in the nu movie, the GB2 one is pure excrement, and I owned it on vinyl back in the day!

Master of the Universe

Careful now, that's enough in some circles to brand you as a sexist apparently :P

In all seriousness, there was bound to be those who hated it, found it passable, or who actually enjoyed it. The trailer wasn't enough for me to want to spend money seeing it in the cinema, but that's not to say it's not an OK film. I need a lot more than that though to bother going the cinema these days.

It's just bad man, just so...bad. Fart jokes. Anatomy jokes. Gender jokes. Race jokes. So many self congratulatory 'we're awesome!' moments you'll feel queasy. So much over the top instantly forgettable CGI you'll feel double as queasy. A plot straight out of Plot Writing for Dummies.

But, saying that, it got a lot of laughs from the crowd, so I guess it's hitting the right spots for some folks - just not this grump sitting down the back with his arms folded :pac:

Master of the Universe

in dept look into the snes cd prototype

That really is amazing. The more I see the prototype the more I really wish it had become a reality.

With such a high quality level of finish it does make you wonder just how close it was to actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've not seen it yet, but my worry is Leslie Jones. On SNL she seems to just play the stereotypical sassy loud large and aggressive black woman that we've seen in many movies, shows and whatever over the last many many decades in hollywood.
    I would have thought (and hoped) we've moved beyond that in this day and age :0/

If the above seems racist, well, you don't know me very well.

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I've not seen it yet, but my worry is Leslie Jones. On SNL she seems to just play the stereotypical sassy loud large and aggressive black woman that we've seen in many movies, shows and whatever over the last many many decades in hollywood.
    I would have thought (and hoped) we've moved beyond that in this day and age :0/

If the above seems racist, well, you don't know me very well.

She plays the loud and sassy one here too.
    As I've reviewer said, of they wanted to be more whatever it is they were going for they'd have made her a scientist, rather than just fulfilling broadly the same role as Ernie Hudson in the original.

I would say about GB2 that Murray's insistence on equal screen time is there, with all four 'busters getting their moments in the movie, rather than three "token" Hudson got in the original.

The game GB, from 2009, seems to be pretty much GB3, with most of the cast returning, bar Weaver, who regrets not doing it, and Moranis for personal reasons.

Anyone know anything of the tie in game to the current film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Anyone know anything of the tie in game to the current film?

Reviews are not good, highest was 4.4/10 from IGN.

Polygon's reviewer said:

"Ghostbusters is a deplorable, cynical bit of licensed drivel that wouldn't be worth the $50 asking price if the instruction manual were printed on a $50 bill."

Reviews are not good, highest was 4.4/10 from IGN.

Polygon's reviewer said:

"Ghostbusters is a deplorable, cynical bit of licensed drivel that wouldn't be worth the $50 asking price if the instruction manual were printed on a $50 bill."

No, don't beat around the bush, tell me what you really think...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Recently I've come to the conclusion that the PS4 might just be one of the worse consoles I've ever owned. It sits unused because I've a very modest PC that completely destroys it in every way. The PS4 has very few compelling exclusives I want to play (I can count them on two fingers) and the PC offers me more exclusives but also the ability to be creative. PC gaming just offers so much more.

Today however PC gaming is the biggest heap of **** ever.

I got a new 1070 GTX and have been waiting a month to use it (events transpired where I had to leave it sitting in a friends house until this weekend). Tonight I was supposed to be playing games on my ultra wide HD monitor at 60 fps at max details now that I have a card that can actually push the stupid amount of pixels in my display.

Instead I have an amazingly capable piece of hardware sitting in a box.

The 1070 gtx I have has 3x display port, 1x hdmi and 1x VGA connector. I have a mini display port cable which this has no ports for.

Even worse, the power supply I have has two 6 pin PCI express power cables. This card requires a 8 pin connector.

There's a simple fix though, get a dual 6 pin to 8 pin connector. Most 1070's come with this, mine doesn't. They also seem to be totally unavailable in Europe and the only ones I can find are on American ebay where the postage is astronomically higher than the cable.

First world problems. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

sddJW4p.gif

Hands should be smaller, really.

Hands should be smaller, really.

I love it that he hates when John Oliver makes reference to his tiny baby hands, priceless.

Master of the Universe

My goldfish jumped out of his tank last night and was lying on the floor for 30 minutes before we realised.

I quickly scooped him up and threw him back in.
    He's perfectly fine this morning, happily swimming about and gobbling up food.

Completely unretro related but wtf?!

I'm going to rename him Connor Macleod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ah dude you just set back his evolution by about 1000 years... he could have been walking by next week :(

My goldfish jumped out of his tank last night and was lying on the floor for 30 minutes before we realised.

I quickly scooped him up and threw him back in.
    He's perfectly fine this morning, happily swimming about and gobbling up food.

Completely unretro related but wtf?!

I'm going to rename him Connor Macleod.

You think you know what they can do but then the goldfish unlocks a new suit ability by grinding points during the night.
    Then, BOOM, grapple beam and she is out of the tank.
    Unfortunately for Samus the goldfish she hasn't unlocked the Air suit upgrade yet...
    Bummer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

My 9 week old husky thought at the weekend that playing the Wii was done by chewing on the motion sensor bar...at least i know that Nintendo make great chew toys!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement