Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eagerv wrote: »
    Finally got our Ioniqs' software updated yeasterday to the latest. And the few warranty items finally fixed. Satnav now has a different look, haven't yet had a chance to see what differences there are.

Just a quick question re schedule charging.. We now have night rate electricity for our home charging so are telling the car only to charge from say 0500hrs until 0700hrs, or whatever gives us about 80% which is all we generally need for a few days use at the moment. If it was winter and we needed to pre heat the car and leave at say 0900hrs (Outside our schedule charging time) would the car heat up for us when plugged in?

It should still heat up outside of the scheduled charging time I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It should still heat up outside of the scheduled charging time I'm pretty sure.

Thanks for reply, that's what I was hoping. Just a matter of playing around with it to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,760 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Heating / departure time is set separately from the charging schedule. There really isn't much point not charging the car to 100% BTW. It's only 90% in reality and it won't hurt the battery. Unless you insist on trying to get 50 years life out of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

eagerv wrote: »
    Finally got our Ioniqs' software updated yeasterday to the latest. And the few warranty items finally fixed. Satnav now has a different look, haven't yet had a chance to see what differences there are.

Just a quick question re schedule charging.. We now have night rate electricity for our home charging so are telling the car only to charge from say 0500hrs until 0700hrs, or whatever gives us about 80% which is all we generally need for a few days use at the moment. If it was winter and we needed to pre heat the car and leave at say 0900hrs (Outside our schedule charging time) would the car heat up for us when plugged in?

Yes. I do this all the time. Off-peak charging set to whatever I need as a top-up, say 06.00-06.30, then departure at 08.10, car kicks off with the HVAC around 8, in time for me to leave at 08.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

unkel wrote: »
    Heating / departure time is set separately from the charging schedule. There really isn't much point not charging the car to 100% BTW. It's only 90% in reality and it won't hurt the battery. Unless you insist on trying to get 50 years life out of it ;)

At least 50 yrs haha.

When back to normal I am sure it will be charged to 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Tesla certainly don't want ioniqs. Threw in a trade in valuation for the craic. 12500. Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

Tesla certainly don't want ioniqs. Threw in a trade in valuation for the craic. 12500. Ouch

Tesla don't trade in as such. They email a list of other garages your details and tell you the highest number returned. Those dealers may have never heard of an Ioniq BEV. People often get crazy low valuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to sell privately if I'm buying a Tesla for my next car.
    What I will be doing beforehand though, is visiting the Audi dealer across the road from Tesla to see what they offer as a trade on the etron. And the same with Jaguar on the ipace

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yeah. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to sell privately if I'm buying a Tesla for my next car.

Tesla's model is perfectly understandable. Online sales only, no trade ins and no negotiations. Nice and clean system.

If you insist on trading in your car, they make a gesture by ringing the trade and getting you whatever the trade pays them. Which is a very low offer.

Now the bit that I don't get is how come Tesla (UK) has all these second hand CPO cars for sale? Where do they come from? Either they were predominantly trade ins (but people are generally not that stupid / careless / full of money that they would do that) or Tesla bought them somewhere, like at auction, maybe not actively hunting themselves but as some sort of deal with traders visiting auction who get a finders fee?

The latter is pure speculation from my part, and I have never seen this posted. But it does make sense though, doesn't it?

Tesla's model is perfectly understandable. Online sales only, no trade ins and no negotiations. Nice and clean system.

If you insist on trading in your car, they make a gesture by ringing the trade and getting you whatever the trade pays them. Which is a very low offer.

Now the bit that I don't get is how come Tesla (UK) has all these second hand CPO cars for sale? Where do they come from? Either they were predominantly trade ins (but people are generally not that stupid / careless / full of money that they would do that) or Tesla bought them somewhere, like at auction, maybe not actively hunting themselves but as some sort of deal with traders visiting auction who get a finders fee?

The latter is pure speculation from my part, and I have never seen this posted. But it does make sense though, doesn't it?

I had a theory that they were buying them at auctions.

Re trade ins..If I'm deciding between an MX and an etron for instance, and the etron is 20k cheaper, and Audi give 150% of the Tesla valuation for my trade in, for literally walking 200 meters across the road... where do you think I will go?

It's the same if I was trading in my Ioniq. Plenty of dealers offered me 18-20k for a cash sale but I held out to get much more than that.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    I had a theory that they were buying them at auctions.

Great minds and all that :D

Can't remember you posting it. But where else would they get all those cars in the UK?

Great minds and all that :D

Can't remember you posting it. But where else would they get all those cars in the UK?
    I posted it after getting mine.
    It came with BCA info in the car.

I think they were buying the cars that they thought were going too cheap, and/or had free supercharging, so they could disable it when they owned it.

Arrived home yesterday with about 30km range remaining. Not charging to 100% these days so changed my scheduled charge from 2.30 hours to 1.30 hours overnight. Came out this morning to 100% battery. Charge point says I consumed 26kWh too!

Arrived home yesterday with about 30km range remaining. Not charging to 100% these days so changed my scheduled charge from 2.30 hours to 1.30 hours overnight. Came out this morning to 100% battery. Charge point says I consumed 26kWh too!

Move along folks, nothing to see here.... Except for the weekend scheduled charging which was set to all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Move along folks, nothing to see here.... Except for the weekend scheduled charging which was set to all night.

Surprised unkel didn't tell you to replace your 12v battery :P.

No but he might not have the latest firmware installed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

No but he might not have the latest firmware installed :p

I'm sure his local friendly Hyundai dealer, astute & immensely competent as they are, will give him a good seeing to, should he mention it to them at his next, great value, service.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

In the process of downloading the latest firmware/maps and the hacks to open up the browser etc,cos some clever souls worked out how to get in the engineering menu again.

I found the engineering menu a bit underwhelming

It did make the maps slightly more usable whatever hack I did to it, probably posted about it here a couple of thousand posts back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I found the engineering menu a bit underwhelming

It did make the maps slightly more usable whatever hack I did to it, probably posted about it here a couple of thousand posts back :D

I think adunis is talking about the hack where you go into the Android system and install apps and stuff.

• Advertisement

Wow. Not too far off 10k posts in this thread.

Just got my Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 2 tyres fitted to the front. We'll see how they perform over the next few days. Old ones were down to 1.5mm and 1.9mm on the front. Got away with it in the dry weather (but wheelspin at every set of lights), but these sporadic thunderstorm downpours could of been interesting.

Old ones were down to 1.5mm and 1.9mm on the front. Got away with it in the dry weather (but wheelspin at every set of lights), but these sporadic thunderstorm downpours could of been interesting.

Jesus. I'd say mine were not much under 3mm when I replaced them and the wheel spin was comical on all but bone dry surfaces.

Jesus. I'd say mine were not much under 3mm when I replaced them and the wheel spin was comical on all but bone dry surfaces.

It got comical on bone dry at <2mm. I'm usually pretty good at keeping good tyres (thread) on my cars, and I can't even really blame covid for holding things up because they were surely well shot before covid (lack of driving since).

Glad to have them changed though. Previous tyres weren't bad brand, but there's certain confidence that goes with running on the tyres you know are right.

Current version,map interface totally overhauled,
    Also hacked and browser playstore etc added.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you update it yourself adunis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

adunis wrote: »
    Current version,map interface totally overhauled,
    Also hacked and browser playstore etc added.

Any links/guides for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

baldshin wrote: »
    Any links/guides for this?
    +1

Software and maps here

https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR1-FpVsM8KBc753mzeQ1vxLX1tqayeaMJpQb6eVgLkVHwAT3Zlry73_FKY#F!nB8F0I4L

You will need to subscribe and pay your 5euro a month then cancel subscription as files are too big for free download.

sBYnFh6wa6LKv6JhJur3_g
    is the password

When unpacking RAR files

bolidenforum.de
    Is the password

Watch this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oF_GKSBQA&t=7s

He has other videos on the subject worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=304FInBe5EuKNrIXh2j8UZgxSlV8MTU5Mzc2NDU2NkAxNTkzNjc4MTY2&event=video_description&v=-7NSOzznPuY&q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fg4rb4g3%3Ftab%3Drepositories

Is the link for the hack files.

Again you will need to sign up to download this time is free however

• Advertisement

Maps and software are also available on the Boliden.de forum but didn't work for me.
    Don't have the links etc to hand.

Method as follows

Use current SD card from car upload existing maps to somewhere safe from same just in case.

Stick unzipper software files on same
    Insert in car and turn on car/radio.

Update starts automatically several reboots takes maybe 10 minutes

Remove card install unpacked files for new maps
    Pit back in car.

THE HACK

As per YouTube video but be warned
    Getting the keypad to display to enter the code could take you 2 goes or approximately 746 attempts all I can offer is it does work.

Once done it's standard android jellybean from there on......

Enjoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement