Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

That's normal

So how long is it taking people Plans to get activated?

Crazy if 7 days is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

LFC Murphy wrote: »

I was told it will be 3 to 4 days for me by customer care yesterday.

I got a generous free allowance of data/calls/texts when I called customer care in order to tie me over until the plan kicks in.

I would advise anyone to call CC as soon as the port goes though to establish when the plan will be activated and then seek some free data/calls/texts to keep you going until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

leex wrote: »
    Tried this twice this week through the number provided above.

* First time, they said they'd call me back - never received a call.
    * I called again today - was told to go to a Vodafone store. Guessing store will not be aware of offer?
    Call backs I was told can take up to 24 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Call backs I was told can take up to 24 hrs

I waited 48 hours. :)

That's normal

3/4

• Advertisement

I was told it will be 3 to 4 days for me by customer care yesterday.

I got a generous free allowance of data/calls/texts when I called customer care in order to tie me over until the plan kicks in.

I would advise anyone to call CC as soon as the port goes though to establish when the plan will be activated and then seek some free data/calls/texts to keep you going until then.
    They will oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

The only thing stopping me from going with this plan is the calls are not free while roaming as they are an add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Missed call from sales team last night, a text followed stating to get the offer to call them back. Slightly more promising than I thought. Won't count my chickens yet though. It all depends who you talk to I think.

Sim in the post. Happy days.

Missed call from sales team last night, a text followed stating to get the offer to call them back. Slightly more promising than I thought. Won't count my chickens yet though. It all depends who you talk to I think.

Sim in the post. Happy days.
    Yippee,u stuck it out kid,fair dues

Just got the text stating that I have successfully topped up (I didn’t top up myself). Checked on the app and the offer has plan has been activated as I now have 15GB of data and €20 to use as I see fit. The plan was activated the day after the port so and not 3/4 as the rep told me yesterday.

Happy days.

BTW: on the app the plan appears as ‘Student Offer’ and it’s top up every 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Just got the text stating that I have successfully topped up (I didn’t top up myself). Checked on the app and the offer has plan has been activated as I now have 15GB of data and €20 to use as I see fit. The plan was activated the day after the port so and not 3/4 as the rep told me yesterday.

Happy days.

BTW: on the app the plan appears as ‘Student Offer’ and it’s top up every 30 days.

Happy days, glad you got sorted.

Mine just got activated and also is student Plan on app with 28 day

Should this be questioned

Mine just got activated and also is student Plan on app with 28 day

Should this be questioned

It says 28 days out of 30 left and top up every 30. I put the lost 2 days down to the date of porting maybe. Perhaps it will start at 28 days every month??

I'm actually wondering if the fact that we are on the Student Plan be questioned

It was the Data User plan that was offered when I spoke to them

Scratch that... Reference to student deal is now gone

Got my Spotify so thanks Op

Tried this now for a third time. Wouldn't do anything for me as I didn't have any existing Vodafone products.

I'm actually wondering if the fact that we are on the Student Plan be questioned

It was the Data User plan that was offered when I spoke to them

Scratch that... Reference to student deal is now gone

Got my Spotify so thanks Op
    Might ring them myself ref Spotify,as when I checked my plan on the app it says "student offer" ,old bloody student,but I'll give it a lash

bromley52 wrote: »
    The only thing stopping me from going with this plan is the calls are not free while roaming as they are an add-on.

I asked on chat and was told I can use the add-on just the same as at home.

Has anyone who got this used it while roaming? If so was it free to both make and receive calls with the talk add-on?

Has anyone who got this used it while roaming? If so was it free to both make and receive calls with the talk add-on?
    On the VF brochure I picked up in store says roaming in the EU is free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've got my sim, came by courier. Does the port automatically happen or do I need to contact them?

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I've got my sim, came by courier. Does the port automatically happen or do I need to contact them?
    Automatic

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Automatic
    You keep old provider until it stops,the VF kicks in

Automatic

Yep. When they get confirmation that somebody signed for your sim on delivery they then send tilhe request to the activations/admin team who port the number over. I was told it would be the day after it arrives and that they don't work weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Just off the phone from Vodafone. I signed up for the deal. I was a Vodafone mobile customer years ago and I am with Tesco Mobile at the minute.

All very straight forward and explained perfectly. Sim card is in post and the port should happen in a few days time.

They said the plan is registered on their system and once the first top up is done I should be good to go.

Here’s hoping :-)

Just off the phone from Vodafone. I signed up for the deal. I was a Vodafone mobile customer years ago and I am with Tesco Mobile at the minute.

All very straight forward and explained perfectly. Sim card is in post and the port should happen in a few days time.

They said the plan is registered on their system and once the first top up is done I should be good to go.

Here’s hoping :-)

You should have no need to top up in order to have the plan activated. The plan should be applied and go active sometime after the port goes through. You will get one month free (15GB data and unlimited texts). You should get €20 credited to your account at this time also which you can use to purchase the unlimited calls add-on.

I would suggest calling CC as soon as the port goes through to establish when the plan will go active as this can be a number of days. You may look for some complimentary data/calls/texts to see you through until the plan is activated.

You should have no need to top up in order to have the plan activated. The plan should be applied and go active sometime after the port goes through. You will get one month free (15GB data and unlimited texts). You should get €20 credited to your account at this time also which you can use to purchase the unlimited calls add-on.

I would suggest calling CC as soon as the port goes through to establish when the plan will go active as this can be a number of days. You may look for some complimentary data/calls/texts to see you through until the plan is activated.

Great. Thanks for the information. I’ll do as you say.

Thanks again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's like a lottery so.
    I rang and the guy had no clue, wasn't a northern Ireland accent anyway, so maybe I got the wrong call center...
    He told me that it's not a valid plan, then that it may be valid, but in store only, then that it was a broadband plan...

Then I hung up...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    It's like a lottery so.
    I rang and the guy had no clue, wasn't a northern Ireland accent anyway, so maybe I got the wrong call center...
    He told me that it's not a valid plan, then that it may be valid, but in store only, then that it was a broadband plan...

Then I hung up...

You need to make sure you speak to an NI agent. No one else. I kept being put through to Bill pay initially.

You need to make sure you speak to an NI agent. No one else. I kept being put through to Bill pay initially.

I called 3 x times and had a NI agent every time. No joy.

I'm not a VF customer. Am I wasting my time pursuing this any more?

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »
    I called 3 x times and had a NI agent every time. No joy.

I'm not a VF customer. Am I wasting my time pursuing this any more?

Did you ring this number: 1800 59 55 95‬ and press 2?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement