Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

• 14-01-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭kingshankly

was wondering would having a sticky up for arranging a game with fellow boarders be a good idea. thought it would be handy for arranging a game instead of other threads being hijacked .well modds what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Sounds good to me too... might be a way to eventually get some kind of casual Boards Society going down the line...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Stuck.
    We'll see how it will hopefully grow...

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Ok, I'll be the first to post a spot.

9.00am Saturday the 17th January. Wicklow Golf Club, Wicklow Town.
    3 Spots Available. Not 100% Sure on "With A Member" Rates, I think in our around the 20euro mark. 18 Greens In Play, however most tee boxes are mats atm.

Regards
    Ian

Edit to Add: If its absolutely Lashing Rain, Golf Cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭kingshankly

3 Spots Available. Not 100% Sure on "With A Member" Rates, I think in our around the 20euro mark. 18 Greens In Play, however most tee boxes are mats atm.

Regards
    Ian

Forcast is pooooooor ian heavy rain and storm force winds!!! Bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

Regards
    Ian

would love to play but the rain and im so near too :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

The weather forecast last night said that Saturday morning could actually be quite nice ... just before it turns horrendous.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Ireland, 40 shades of green but over 4,000 shades of grey ;)

anyone interested in a round on royal county down in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

That kip?? Nah... :D

(No thanks KS, but a cracking offer...)

Forcast is pooooooor ian heavy rain and storm force winds!!! Bring it on!

Forecast for local area is quite good in the morning. If anyone fancy's a game 2 spots still available, one provisionally reserved for 1stuey1.

If anyone wants to play and is travelling I can ring them at what ever time they require to let them know current weather, and whether will play or not.

Regards
    Ian

• Advertisement

holy siht that was some wind and rain today the last seven or eight holes were played in horrendous conditions balls oscillating on the green.thought i would never get to the sanctuary of the clubhouse.would like to confirm headford was in great condition no temporary greens but a few temp tee boxes

Got out and around for 14 holes today, some good holes but too many scratches! Problems seem to be still there with my Irons. Hitting my woods from tee and deck quite well but my iron game is not quite right. Need to spend more time on them.

We could have played the last 4 holes but decided against it as the wind was starting to pick up and we knew the wind was close behind.

Poor players who were playing on sponsors day got destroyed!

Regards
    Ian

(P.s. Invitation open for 8.50am next Saturday, again weather permitting)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Jesus Kingshankly that's a savage offer, if I'm up that way I'd love to, doubt I will be though:mad:

Anybody fancys a game in Forrest Little over the coming weeks let me know, I have a bit of time off and would gladly take a fourball out for the craic.
    Weekday would be handier to get out.

20 yoyo's is a steal aswell, thats all it is if you play with a member (i.e. me:D)

So the invitation is there lads, bring it on, you're pretty much guaranteed to win a couple of Euro off me aswell, am playing shoite:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 supermac

was wondering would having a sticky up for arranging a game with fellow boarders be a good idea. thought it would be handy for arranging a game instead of other threads being hijacked .well modds what do you think?
    could we arrange a golf holiday to spain-portugal in FEB.??? MARCH???:confused:

JCDUB wrote: »
    Jesus Kingshankly that's a savage offer, if I'm up that way I'd love to, doubt I will be though:mad:

Anybody fancys a game in Forrest Little over the coming weeks let me know, I have a bit of time off and would gladly take a fourball out for the craic.

20 yoyo's is a steal aswell, thats all it is if you play with a member (i.e. me:D)

So the invitation is there lads, bring it on, you're pretty much guaranteed to win a couple of Euro off me aswell, am playing shoite:eek:
    id be up for a game, midweek suits me fine .any excuse for this culchie to get to the big smoke

I would be interested in playing if we play the week of the 26th of Jan if that suits, I have exams next week but I've a week off the following week!

I would be interested in playing if we play the week of the 26th of Jan if that suits, I have exams next week but I've a week off the following week!
    id be up for a game, midweek suits me fine .any excuse for this culchie to get to the big smoke

Cool lads, we can say week commencing 26th, another one would make a fourball, and if there's more no hassle, we can arrange it.
    Just thinking, on Wednesdays there's a semi open comp, 12 holes singles s'ford, so if you have GUI handicaps we could play this??Only 12 euros..
    Otherwise we can just arrange a day that suits us all..

Whatever you want, I'm easy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

:eek:. . . Slapper!. . . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Cool lads, we can say week commencing 26th, another one would make a fourball, and if there's more no hassle, we can arrange it.
    Just thinking, on Wednesdays there's a semi open comp, 12 holes singles s'ford, so if you have GUI handicaps we could play this??Only 12 euros..
    Otherwise we can just arrange a day that suits us all..

I could do midweek so weather permitting I'm in.
    Let me us know the date once its agreed. Don't have a hc at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

hi all
    yeah I would be up for a trip, I have access to a place in portugal silver coast on its own course, let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

hi guys,
    Im interested in getting more games in so if you looking for people let me know, forrest little sounds good

T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Hey Guys,

I have lots of time off due to no job ha ha so what better than to get some golf in.
    Will play in most weather once its not a storm, Anybody interested let me know, would also be interested in Forest Little offer if its available.

Locations for me would be , Wicklow , Dublin , Kildare pretty much available most days.

Cheers
    Bum

Alright lads so far we have the following:

KingShankly
    DonkeyPokerTour
    BUACHAILL
    Poster
    WillyWonka
    Me

So we're looking good for two three balls there, if two more wanna add their name we can make it two four balls.First two to add their names are in.

Week commencing 26th Jan, am thinking Tuesday 27th as its ladies day so there'll be very little traffic out there.

Who's travelling from where?
    Would ideally like to wait until the morning we're playing to make sure place isn't frosted off, then again if that's not possible because people are travelling we can rely on the trusty weather forecast:rolleyes:

So post here to say if the day suits (was thinking around 11-12 bells to give people time to get there from wherever they are coming) and we can try to make a concrete arrangement.

BTW course will be on full greens (in very good shape), placing everywhere and mats on all tee boxes, should be enjoyable if the weather isn't too cold.

Alright lads so far we have the following:

KingShankly
    DonkeyPokerTour
    BUACHAILL
    Poster
    WillyWonka
    Me

So we're looking good for two three balls there, if two more wanna add their name we can make it two four balls.First two to add their names are in.

Week commencing 26th Jan, am thinking Tuesday 27th as its ladies day so there'll be very little traffic out there.

Who's travelling from where?
    Would ideally like to wait until the morning we're playing to make sure place isn't frosted off, then again if that's not possible because people are travelling we can rely on the trusty weather forecast:rolleyes:

So post here to say if the day suits (was thinking around 11-12 bells to give people time to get there from wherever they are coming) and we can try to make a concrete arrangement.

BTW course will be on full greens (in very good shape), placing everywhere and mats on all tee boxes, should be enjoyable if the weather isn't too cold.

Great stuff, was going to suggest Tuesday actually :). I'm travelling from Wicklow Town, and need to figure out how I'm going to get there considering I have about as good a sense of direction as a blind rabbit!

2 things, Can I suggest we move this to E-mail since there might be alot of posts, my e-mail address is info@donkeypokertour.org and my mobile number is 087-2220330 so if anyone needs to contact me feel free (dont worry I run a poker business in my spare time so my mobile number is already on the internet in many places).

Also can I suggest we try and stagger the handicaps as best as possible, i.e. the two lowest on seperate 3/4balls so that us mear mortals (16handicap) can get to see what a good player is like :P

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Great stuff, was going to suggest Tuesday actually :). I'm travelling from Wicklow Town, and need to figure out how I'm going to get there considering I have about as good a sense of direction as a blind rabbit!

2 things, Can I suggest we move this to E-mail since there might be alot of posts, my e-mail address is info@donkeypokertour.org and my mobile number is 087-2220330 so if anyone needs to contact me feel free (dont worry I run a poker business in my spare time so my mobile number is already on the internet in many places).

Also can I suggest we try and stagger the handicaps as best as possible, i.e. the two lowest on seperate 3/4balls so that us mear mortals (16handicap) can get to see what a good player is like :P

Regards

I am coming from Wicklow Town too and the Tuesday is fine with me.
    Keep me updated, dont mind car sharing for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Regards
    I'm fine with all the above, will be coming from Terenure.

Donkey you shouldn't post personal information on here use the pm for that purpose . I'd edit it if I were you

Donkey you shouldn't post personal information on here use the pm for that purpose . I'd edit it if I were you

Run a business using above info, a simple google search of my name or my username will throw up the same information so I'm not to worried!

Tuesdays good for me as long as it's not too early will be coming up from Dundalk shouldn't take me too long with the m1 45 min or so (probably quicker than the wicklow lads)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Anyone fancy a game a week on saturday let me know (31st Jan!). I was thinking of somewhere like Luttrellstown (40 euro) or Castleknock (50 euro).

Advertisement