Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale / For Swap / For Loan ONLY ***Read First Post ***

• 25-01-2009 3:15pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Ok, due to request we will try a sticky thread here where people can list the stuff that they have for sale on www.adverts.ie as well as stuff that they may want to swap or even loan out to others.
    We don't want it to be spammed so will try and keep it fairly simple. A few rules to start with but we'll make it up as we go along too.

1. If you are selling: If you have something that you want to sell for euro dollars, then you must have it listed on www.adverts.ie and you can simply inform the readers here that you have an item(s) for sale by providing them with a link... all the dealing to be done over on www.adverts.ie following their rules. Don't spam this thread with multiple listings and no bumping.
    You can provide a fair bit of detail on here if you want which will help people decide if they want to follow your link or not.

2. If you are swapping: If you have stuff in your garage/shed/attic and you want to get rid of it you can list it on here and say what type of stuff you would like to receive instead, ideally very little no money to change hands here...

3. If you are loaning: If you have something that you would like to loan out to someone for an amount of time and would like to get it back later, list it/them up here and see if you have any takers.

Wanted Items should go in this thread only please.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

****LOANED****
    I have a Pathfinder Putting Guide that I can loan out to a deserving soul... particularly if you suffer or have suffered recently from the yippy skippies.
    Cost about €100 I think and will cost about a beer voucher to post.
    Video of it in action.
    ****LOANED****

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

****SOLD****

I've got a Wilson Staff Df6 3 Wood for sale over on adverts.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=84970&cat=52
    Club is in good condition (a few very small scratches on the top) with UST V2 Reg flex shaft.
    €40 plus cost of postage, or you can collect if you are in Limerick/Tipp area.

I also might take a good Gap Wedge as a swap, maybe a putter or 5-wood also.

Pics below...
    IMGP0978.jpg
    IMGP0979.jpg
    IMGP0980.jpg

****SOLD****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

i have an old mixed set of clubs cant see them selling tho. great idea this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Halo wrote: »

I'm not in the market for a driver myself but that's a great bargain - a great stick and very popular according to our recent pole on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I'm not in the market for a driver myself but that's a great bargain - a great stick and very popular according to our recent pole on the forum.

Is it though? McGuirks have that for 179 currently and i know someone who bought one from them at below 170 on Saturday by haggling with them.

When you add in the fact that McGuirks will give you a receipt and an after sales service... i'd say Halo might think about dropping his price a bit.

Cracking club though, love mine!

Graeme1982 wrote: »
    Is it though? McGuirks have that for 179 currently and i know someone who bought one from them at below 170 on Saturday by haggling with them.

When you add in the fact that McGuirks will give you a receipt and an after sales service... i'd say Halo might think about dropping his price a bit.

Ah, well silly me took the adverts.ie post as gospel when it said "retailing at 279".

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yep, remember guys, this isn't adverts so there are no rules against people pointing out whether your items are actually good value or not! You get the better exposure for your sale, but take the hit if it isn't actually a bargain.

The burner is a great club, but personally I think any club from a private buyer has to be 30-50% cheaper than a shop to be worth the risk, whether it is nearly new/unused or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Graeme1982 wrote: »

have seen them in a few pro shops for €150 and online for £109:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Icepickle

Little used Ping G10 if any lefties are interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=76421&cat=all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah, well silly me took the adverts.ie post as gospel when it said "retailing at 279".

I bought mine in the local Pro's shop for €160, the golf creche in Dundrum are selling them at €165 and they can be bought off Nevada Bobs for around £120.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Can we use this thread to request clubs/equipment that others may have?
    Or saw a bargin in a shop etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Lads, I have a set of graphite shafted Colt irons, they were the first "half-decent" set I ever got after my starter set and I only used them for a couple of years before buying Mizunos.

3iron-SW and still in good nick... I'd swap them for a half-decent 3W or something similiar if anyone is interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

I'm short a rescue iron and a lob wedge from my bag, and a decent putter now that I think of it. So I'll just throw it out here to see if anyone has anything they want to part with before I buy them elsewhere...

WillyWonka wrote: »
    I'm short a rescue iron and a lob wedge from my bag, and a decent putter now that I think of it. So I'll just throw it out here to see if anyone has anything they want to part with before I buy them elsewhere...

I have a TaylorMade lob wedge I bought on impulse but I have a Titleist on I've been using more regularly so I guess I could offer the TM cheaply to a good home. It's the RAC model, 60 degrees. It's had plenty of play but not a huge amount as I bought it mainly as a back-up. It's got lower bounce than my other one.

If you're interested you can take it for a week and either t/f some cash to me online or give it back if it doesn't suit.

Product_133644.jpg

Licksy/Cop, do I need to put up an adverts.ie post for this to be within the rules? It's not up cos I'm not actively trying to sell it but saw this and tought I'd offer it to him...?

Looks fine to me anyway... I don't mind people doing a little dealing on here with surplus stuff that they have, particularly if they are contributors to the forum. We can be fairly flexible too initially to get the concept/thread up and running.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have a TaylorMade lob wedge I bought on impulse but I have a Titleist on I've been using more regularly so I guess I could offer the TM cheaply to a good home. It's the RAC model, 60 degrees. It's had plenty of play but not a huge amount as I bought it mainly as a back-up. It's got lower bounce than my other one.

If you're interested you can take it for a week and either t/f some cash to me online or give it back if it doesn't suit.

Product_133644.jpg

Licksy/Cop, do I need to put up an adverts.ie post for this to be within the rules? It's not up cos I'm not actively trying to sell it but saw this and tought I'd offer it to him...?

How much you looking for mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Product_133644.jpg

Sounds good Shriek, I'll send you a PM and see if we can arrange that.
    Have car, will travel :)

jonny24ie wrote: »
    How much you looking for mate?
    Sounds good Shriek, I'll send you a PM and see if we can arrange that.
    Have car, will travel :)

Well I offered it to WW so he can have first dibs. If it happens that he doesn't take it I'll get on to you Johnny.

I don't have a price in mind. I'm sure 2 mins of google searching will reveal a fair figure.

Licksy, cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Ive got a Nickent rescue wood I dont use anymore. In reasonably good nick too. Let me know if youre interested. Not really selling but it does need a good home.

Edit its a rescue No. 4

Well I offered it to WW so he can have first dibs. If it happens that he doesn't take it I'll get on to you Johnny.

I don't have a price in mind. I'm sure 2 mins of google searching will reveal a fair figure.

Licksy, cheers for that.

Sound job mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I have a Taylor Made rescue that I don't use. Not sure what loft it is, think it's 18°. PM if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

il buy that taylor made 60 off ya if ya want

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Looking for a standard heel toe shaft YES! Putter. Preferably 34 inches.

But not too fussed, will to use my Taylormade Rossa Monza(heel toe 35 inch) putter as part of a swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

The Wilson 3-wood I posted earlier is sold to Thundercat.
    Is there any way to edit my original post to show that it's sold?

kagni wrote: »
    The Wilson 3-wood I posted earlier is sold to Thundercat.
    Is there any way to edit my original post to show that it's sold?
    Done

I've a Titleist Vokey wedge lying around which i'd be happy to see find a good home... one careful owner.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=91391&cat=500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Is it spin milled Greame?

• Advertisement

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Is it spin milled Greame?

No, not spin milled.

Advertisement