Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think a good few of us signed up for the kickstarter a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Had only remembered this game when someone mentioned it 2 weeks ago. Haven't seen the video yet but I hope they can deliver with the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will be interesting to see if they can deliver on what they've been promising. It looks good, and the combat seems interesting, so i'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I had completely forgotten about this, but it's still progressing along. Now with 100% more Brian Blessed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still miles off a release is it?

Still predicted to be before the end of the year I think.

I bought the beta version on Kickstarter but I might wait till it comes out properly before playing it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skerries wrote: »
    I bought the beta version on Kickstarter but I might wait till it comes out properly before playing it

Can you still buy the beta version?

looks like you can but you have to pay the full version whereas I backed it at the time of the KS

• Advertisement

It's finally here: Kingdom Come: Deliverance trailer with a global release date! Kingdome Come: Deliverance will launch simultaneously for PlayStation?4, Xbox One, and PC, on the February 13th, 2018 in the Americas, Europe, and all PAL regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

2 more weeks and she's out.

Hopefully reviews will be good.

I remember looking forward to this but I had a look at some gameplay earlier as I hadn't heard much about in a while which is surprising so close to launch and the combat doesn't look like it's for me.

Has anyone played the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm on the hype train for this one. Looks class. I'm just dissapointed there isn't character creation, but what can you do.

Has anyone played the beta?

I haven't played it since very early beta as I want to leave it till my KS boxed copy arrives

Really hopes it's good, but i'm a little worried. Realistic combat is very hard to get right, and i'm not quite convinced from what i've seen of it. Hopefully it gets good reviews, and i'd be fairly certain of getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Estimated delivery: Dec 2015
    Human's are utterly terrible when it comes to estimating.

Anyway, I think an important thing to take away from this game is how they approach the story. You are not "The Chosen One". You are quite literally a nobody who happened to be given a chance, and that is where it ends. From here on out you're on your own.

Thankfully they are very transparent on the state of the game and have said that some stretch goals will not be met for launch. The dog companion will come in a later DLC which is sad.

It may be worthwhile to wait a couple of months for the DLC's to drop and patches to fix what will undoubtedly be a buggy game at launch.

It looks a bit like a nextgen Mount & Blade Warband... so awesome! I love that game.

I can understand people reticence, the combat looks a bit meh. I'm excited for the immersion this looks to present.

I got over excited and preordered it yesterday. I hope it will sustain my interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

J Mysterio wrote: »
    It looks a bit like a nextgen Mount & Blade Warband... so awesome! I love that game.

M&B: Warband is that ex-girlfriend you cant get over and keep going back to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some decent gameplay of the beta

Hmmm my worry is definitely the combat vs multiples becasue of the 1st person. You can't seen behind you and FOV looked too narrow too. Are there bows? They were bad enough in 3rd person in Witcher 3

hopefully it is configured for ultrawide

Combat looks like absolute rubbish and frustrating imo.

It's not easy to get a realistic hand to hand combat system, especially in first person. I'll wait and see what its like, and hopefully it works well enough.

I do like that you're a total nobody, and that there's no magic.

They're trying to replicate combat where you would be a bit more tactile and careful with your strikes (at the risk of screwing up and be killed), so as they have said, it's supposed to be a bit like chess, but with high stakes.

That being said, it does look a little simple from what we have seen, and Id wonder about how everyone seems to run into battle in single file, that looks pretty unnatural.

Hopefully it will be good.

just got a text from DHL to say my copy is coming

Skerries wrote: »
    just got a text from DHL to say my copy is coming

Wow, that's early. Commercial release is the 13th no? I preordered a digital copy.

Looking forward to the midnight release!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

What size is this as a ps4 download?

Advertisement