Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

this wrecks my head
    price is $249 or roughly €183
    but when you choose Ireland as your country price becomes €249.95

price increase of almost 37% and you will most likely get your item held by customs till you pay them another chunk of cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

The price is definitely increased a bit, but not as much as you think. The US price of $249 does not include tax as this depends on what state you live in. The Irish price of €249 does include VAT. Not 37% but does take a good chunk of that.
    You should not be charged for customs as the VAT is already included, if you are worried I know Apple also sells these: http://store.apple.com/ie/product/HF159VC/A/game-golf-digital-tracking-system

Saw some reviews of these a few months ago and the reviews were OK but not great, although it seems they have done a few updates to their software since.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

Mine is ordered and on the way :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Golfnut77

jtown wrote: »
    Mine is ordered and on the way :):)

Be interesting to hear what you think of it!

• Advertisement

Golfnut77 wrote: »
    Be interesting to hear what you think of it!

Yes for sure, will update when I have a few rounds done on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

I am intrigued with these but think I might hold off for a month or two to get some decent feedback as more people start using them. Just in case anyone else is looking for a place to buy saw them here too (from a review on Rick Shiels youtube channel)

http://www.strikeright.co.uk/golf-practice-aids/training-aids/GAME-GOLF

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks like a fantastic product, very innovative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Have used it for the past 4 games and the stats are good. Will take a while to get it part of the shot routine, i would say that i forget to log the club about 20% of the time.

J

Have used it for the past 4 games and the stats are good. Will take a while to get it part of the shot routine, i would say that i forget to log the club about 20% of the time.

J

Yes, takes a bit getting used to bringing into pre shot routine and of course after hitting your shot wondering if you tagged it. You can always just tag after your shot again just in case and delete the shot after.

jtown wrote: »
    Yes, takes a bit getting used to bringing into pre shot routine and of course after hitting your shot wondering if you tagged it. You can always just tag after your shot again just in case and delete the shot after.

It stays green for 30 secs after you so you know if you did or did not, its just when you walk on after hitting.

J

What the Lights Mean During Play

Red & White When the red and white lights are flashing, the device is trying to establish a GPS connection. The red light will stop flashing once the GPS connection is established.

White When the white light is flashing, the device has established a GPS connection and is now ready to record your round. The white light will continue to flash as long as you have a GPS connection.

Green Indicates a successful tag - after tagging the device will vibrate, beep and display a solid green light. The green light will remain on for 60 seconds as a reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

How about if you launch your club down the fairway/rough/trees after a crap shot....how does the app react to that?

http://www.rte.ie/player/us/show/10313820/

Some big names using it now!

J

• Registered Users Posts: 20,711 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I think it is the most annoying thing I've seen yet.

Stick the shot in your head.

Sorry - an alternative view.

I think it is the tamagotchi of golf.

I think it is the most annoying thing I've seen yet.

Stick the shot in your head.

Sorry - an alternative view.

I think it is the tamagotchi of golf.

You will love this then !

http://bestgolfputtingaids.com/levelhead/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

can you tag the club then take your practice swing or does it have to be tagged immedietly before the actual shot?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    can you tag the club then take your practice swing or does it have to be tagged immedietly before the actual shot?

You can tag any time so your practice swing is perfect. Its all about putting it in your routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,711 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

lol.

Is that a joke - or even allowed.

I love a bit of innovation and that. But this technological stuff would do your head in too. Some of it , is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Can we not just go to a field hit a ball - and get away from all that for a few hours ?

I know - technophobic as I post on the internet ironically.

Tapping a thing for a round - I just couldn't handle that - I don't even think I could handle a playing partner with it :p

Are we seriously going to go home and ponder with wonderment at goolge earth, seeing how a ball went from x to y - when it didn't even get to x and y in that way - there is more information in what we see - how the ball flew - or dropped or punched or faded or sliced. The strike.

We look at an overhead view of an 85 - jaysus lads .

Take time out - enjoy your round - rather than tapping a thing - look out at the see - switch off your phone - and think - this is better then work.

But I'm old - and old fashioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pauliee

http://youtu.be/PzFauI_YwS0

Askgolfguru review

Got mine last week from Golfstoreeurope, I keep forgetting to tag it at the moment so it's annoying to have to fill in my missing shots and I've had a few issues with the GPS not working and having to wait for it before hitting my shot which throws me off a bit. So I'd have to say at the moment it's a hindrance but once I get used to it I think the stats it produces over the course of 6 months to a year would be invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Price down to € 199 in halpenny and McGuirks. Must keep an eye out for one of their sales when they give a % off all products

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

Do club handicappers really need ''stats and data'' to tell the they're only so so from 100 or 150 yards out or that they clunked or thined a few pitches, surely they can see that for themselves already without the need to spend a couple of hundred quid for a well marketed gimick. If you don't know how far you hit your clubs after a year or so then its not gamegolf you need. Maybe it todays techno generation who feel they need an app or gadget to see whats bloody obvious to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Not for me Im afraid

Great to look at stats, but to be honest I wouldn't know how to fix the any deficiencies it would through up at me:D

Dbu wrote: »
    Not for me Im afraid

Great to look at stats, but to be honest I wouldn't know how to fix the any deficiencies it would through up at me:D

It's great to see an overview of your round though, it helped me a lot with course management.

I'm still struggling to fit it into my routine though it's still awkward to setup then tag and put the club back behind the ball but it's a good investment.

And you can see what part of your game is actually leaving you down the most, which is handy for when going to see a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Golfnut77 wrote: »
    It's great to see an overview of your round though, it helped me a lot with course management.

I'm still struggling to fit it into my routine though it's still awkward to setup then tag and put the club back behind the ball but it's a good investment.

And you can see what part of your game is actually leaving you down the most, which is handy for when going to see a pro.

Why not take it out of your pre-shot routine and just get in the routine of zapping it right after every shot.
    I can't imagine zapping it just as your ready to hit being a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Anyone have one these with a round up?

Wouldn't mind seeing what kind of info it gives from the average golfer.

It seems really interesting and easy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Anyone have one these with a round up?

Wouldn't mind seeing what kind of info it gives from the average golfer.

It seems really interesting and easy to use.

Reganovski put one up here-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89915957

(With apologies to him for reminder of a day below his usual high standard)

Advertisement