Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pfizer aptitude test

• 03-10-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I have an aptitude test for Pfizer in grange castle coming up . It is for the position of process technician, I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what to expect ? Numerical etc . And also do you have any samples of pfizers aptitude test to practice with .

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aero1974

When I did mine there was mechanical aptitude, maths and English.
    There role play were 10 of us were give info and we had to decide what to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 karim_84

aero1974 wrote: »
    When I did mine there was mechanical aptitude, maths and English.
    There role play were 10 of us were give info and we had to decide what to do with it.

Thanks a lot aero .

What's the difficulty of the aptitude tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aero1974

karim_84 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot aero .

What's the difficulty of the aptitude tests?

Not really very like any other ones I haved done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Freshfaced

Hey Karim_84
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in..i have applied for pfizer job. Was told i'd have telephone interview and if successful an aptitude test.. am still waiting for telephone interview..
    Can i ask did you have phone interview? And if so what can i expect? Also what to expect in aptitude test..been a long time since i did one of those..any info much appreciated

Hey freshfaced ,

Only done phone interview yesterday , it's grand nothing to worry about , only takes ten mins , will ask you a couple of simple questions where you just give a one word or one line answer . Prepare an answer for the question "tell me a time when you have gone beyond your call of duty in work " you will be asked that and u need to give an example...as for the aptitude tests I'm still looking for examples of the type of ones Pfizer give, so if you have any look please let me know . Cheers

• Advertisement

Hey freshfaced ,

Only done phone interview yesterday , it's grand nothing to worry about , only takes ten mins , will ask you a couple of simple questions where you just give a one word or one line answer . Prepare an answer for the question "tell me a time when you have gone beyond your call of duty in work " you will be asked that and u need to give an example...as for the aptitude tests I'm still looking for examples of the type of ones Pfizer give, so if you have any look please let me know . Cheers

Thanks karim_84
    Im looking for that too will let you know what i find, am getting bit worried about how long its taking to get the phone call..doubt i'll get call this week now..hope they haven't forgotten me !! Although if its alphabetical will nearly be last on list to be called!!!!

Freshfaced,

I'd say you will , they are doing them 7 days a week as far as I know , I've a friend that got a call last Monday and I wasn't called until yesterday... Would be great if we could get some samples of the aptitude tests !

Freshfaced,

I'd say you will , they are doing them 7 days a week as far as I know , I've a friend that got a call last Monday and I wasn't called until yesterday... Would be great if we could get some samples of the aptitude tests !

Hey karim_84
    Well got the phone call and as you said was fine..got email there now... test is on Saturday at half 8...doesn't say if its casual or formal...says its group tests...so i wonder does that mean no individual aptitude test..??!!

Hey freshfaced , that's good , I think they may be individual aptitude tests, and group exercises , role play etc ... Dress for it is smart casual so they said , good luck on sat 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I have the phonecall this week,
    any (more) info on what is asked?
    What type of questions require a one word answer as mentioned above?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 katlyn23

hi , I am enquiring about the aptitude test held by Pfizer .has anyone experience doing this as I am scheduled to attend one next week .very unsure what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 L_isamess

katlyn23 wrote: »
    hi , I am enquiring about the aptitude test held by Pfizer .has anyone experience doing this as I am scheduled to attend one next week .very unsure what to expect.

Hi, I am attending the assessment centre in s couple of days could you fill me in on what sort of test and questions there are? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭benny79

I had 1 last week and sadly didnt pass :(

First think was an assessment split into groups 10 of us roughly went into like a board meeting you all sit around a desk. We were given a sheet to read about 6 employees of a company pros and cons of each 1 and we had to decide on 1 to fire.. Actually enjoyed that part.

I found the Aptitude tests very hard to be honest and I was studying them for weeks! First 1 was maths 8 questions but they were true or false answers and all decimals.. For example. Is (1.2 x2.4)/0.5= Less < 0.7 True or false.

Another test was grammar and spelling mistakes in a series of sentences. But some could have 2 mistakes , 3 mistakes 4 or even none etc!

Another 1 was circles with different shapes lines angles inside and you have to find similar in a choice of 6.. These are in most atitudes tests but these ones were particularly hard!

Another 1 was you had to read a paragraph and there was 3 questions on each one and you had to say which was correct..

The only other 1 I can remember is a series of small letters together and you had to go along an see how many letters E are in the block of letters, next one would be how many E's with the letter R after it for example "ER" and so on..

But they were all tough and really had you questioning yourself! My mate done 1 before Christmas and his maths 1 was all fractions.. So suppose you just dont know.

Hope this helps.. Best of luck hopefully you do better the me! Knew 3 lads there on the day and none of them passed it!

benny79 wrote: »
    I had 1 last week and sadly didnt pass :(

First think was an assessment split into groups 10 of us roughly went into like a board meeting you all sit around a desk. We were given a sheet to read about 6 employees of a company pros and cons of each 1 and we had to decide on 1 to fire.. Actually enjoyed that part.

I found the Aptitude tests very hard to be honest and I was studying them for weeks! First 1 was maths 8 questions but they were true or false answers and all decimals.. For example. Is (1.2 x2.4)/0.5= Less < 0.7 True or false.

Another test was grammar and spelling mistakes in a series of sentences. But some could have 2 mistakes , 3 mistakes 4 or even none etc!

Another 1 was circles with different shapes lines angles inside and you have to find similar in a choice of 6.. These are in most atitudes tests but these ones were particularly hard!

Another 1 was you had to read a paragraph and there was 3 questions on each one and you had to say which was correct..

The only other 1 I can remember is a series of small letters together and you had to go along an see how many letters E are in the block of letters, next one would be how many E's with the letter R after it for example "ER" and so on..

But they were all tough and really had you questioning yourself! My mate done 1 before Christmas and his maths 1 was all fractions.. So suppose you just dont know.

Hope this helps.. Best of luck hopefully you do better the me! Knew 3 lads there on the day and none of them passed it!
    Thanks so much for all the info! Sounds quite difficult, I only got the email to go last night and it’s on Thursday so I don’t even have much time to prepare for it unfortunately and I graduated in 2016 so it’s been a while since I’ve done anything like this. Do you get given a calculator for math questions?How long after it did you find out your result?

Ha... No calculator.. look up youtube to revise for maths and how to do them. there be 8 questions in each test and 9 mins to do each test. but they stressed quality over quantity! Think I rushed it to much as the time flys. I found out the next day by email.

I graduated in 1997 so you will be ahead of most! You can pick up attitude test books in Easons for a couple of euro.

What position did you apply for? and when was it advertised as I haven't seen no new positions since I applied.

Ha... No calculator.. look up youtube to revise for maths and how to do them. there be 8 questions in each test and 9 mins to do each test. but they stressed quality over quantity! Think I rushed it to much as the time flys. I found out the next day by email.

I graduated in 1997 so you will be ahead of most! You can pick up attitude test books in Easons for a couple of euro.

What position did you apply for? and when was it advertised as I haven't seen no new positions since I applied.
    I applied for position of process technician, it was through the cpl website in early January. They could possibly still be recruiting seem to be multiple places available. I had the assessment centre very hard to judge how you done I think but luckily enough I got through to a face to face interview next week. Hoping it isn’t too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gracie8bb

L_isamess wrote: »
    I applied for position of process technician, it was through the cpl website in early January. They could possibly still be recruiting seem to be multiple places available. I had the assessment centre very hard to judge how you done I think but luckily enough I got through to a face to face interview next week. Hoping it isn’t too difficult.

How did your interview go? I found it hard to understand what they were actually asking me as the questions were very long winded. I also totally forgot to ask when the start date is or when we will hear back. Have you any idea? And good luck!!!

gracie8bb wrote: »
    How did your interview go? I found it hard to understand what they were actually asking me as the questions were very long winded. I also totally forgot to ask when the start date is or when we will hear back. Have you any idea? And good luck!!!

Yea I thought it was very hard to judge and questions where quite probing. I emailed cpl this morning was told I should get a call today or tomorrow but no word yet. I think the starting date is in April but not sure.

Yea I thought it was very hard to judge and questions where quite probing. I emailed cpl this morning was told I should get a call today or tomorrow but no word yet. I think the starting date is in April but not sure.

Glad it wasn’t just me feeling that. Just trying to time notice periods if I’m successful, here’s hoping we hear tomorrow.

How did you guys practice/prepare for the attitude tests?

I found them very hard! only ever failed 2 this been the second one :( and the one before that was for the fire brigade years ago but that was a total different attitude test. even do I spent hours going over 2 attitude books I have.. I'm thinking of going again as I heard there will be more positions in a couple of months.. Maybe the books I have are a bit outdated as they are a good few years old..

That maths test I got was all decimal for example: Is 2.4 x 3.4 /2.2 < 0.7 True or False.

Any help be much appreciated!

• Advertisement

How did you guys practice/prepare for the attitude tests?

I found them very hard! only ever failed 2 this been the second one :( and the one before that was for the fire brigade years ago but that was a total different attitude test. even do I spent hours going over 2 attitude books I have.. I'm thinking of going again as I heard there will be more positions in a couple of months.. Maybe the books I have are a bit outdated as they are a good few years old..

That maths test I got was all decimal for example: Is 2.4 x 3.4 /2.2 < 0.7 True or False.

Any help be much appreciated!

I didn’t do much preparation other than just refreshing my memory about how to multiply and divide decimals. When I did the test I mostly just focused on getting them right rather than rushing to finish it.

After that the rest of those questions are impossible to prepare for as they are totally unpredictable. Like verbal reasoning, spatial awareness etc. they are very difficult in fairness

I take it you got decimals as well?

I take it you got decimals as well?

I did, did you go to the assessment center 2 weeks ago?

yeah it was in Newbridge. How did you brush up on your maths? I watched youtube videos but was mainly doing fractions.. I fell apart in the Aptitude tests panicked, rushed was questioning myself then answered the practise questions in the answers section in one test and got totally lost till I copped it! I wouldn't mind I thought I done really well in the assessment.
    I think I wanted it to much as it would of made some difference to my quality of life currently working in Dublin and my commute is 3/4 hours a day! Pfizer's newbridge is 20 mins from my house..

How many questions on average in each test did you complete? There was mainly 8 in each I was getting roughly 6/7. The think that Im annoyed about most is I know a few people that work there and they all told me quality over quantity even the girl said it before the tests started yet I still bleeding rushed them trying to complete them! :rolleyes:

yeah it was in Newbridge. How did you brush up on your maths? I watched youtube videos but was mainly doing fractions.. I fell apart in the Aptitude tests panicked, rushed was questioning myself then answered the practise questions in the answers section in one test and got totally lost till I copped it! I wouldn't mind I thought I done really well in the assessment.
    I think I wanted it to much as it would of made some difference to my quality of life currently working in Dublin and my commute is 3/4 hours a day! Pfizer's newbridge is 20 mins from my house..

How many questions on average in each test did you complete? There was mainly 8 in each I was getting roughly 6/7. The think that Im annoyed about most is I know a few people that work there and they all told me quality over quantity even the girl said it before the tests started yet I still bleeding rushed them trying to complete them! :rolleyes:

Pm sent

Glad it wasn’t just me feeling that. Just trying to time notice periods if I’m successful, here’s hoping we hear tomorrow.
    Did you hear anything back? I’ve been waiting on an email since last Wednesday.

Did you hear anything back? I’ve been waiting on an email since last Wednesday.

Not a thing leaving it quite late aren’t they

Not a thing leaving it quite late aren’t they

Yea, starting date is supposed to be 9th of April I think , so medical and reference check has to done before that too. I’ll need to give at least 2 weeks notice in my current role too

Yea, starting date is supposed to be 9th of April I think , so medical and reference check has to done before that too. I’ll need to give at least 2 weeks notice in my current role too

My job need two months so that’s not going to happen! Also I really can’t take another day off for Medicals so I hope they are flexible with dates for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

April 9th is the start date. They’re trying to get it sorted so people can give 4 weeks notice

Advertisement