Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampyr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

It looks very promising. That quick dodge is straight out of Bloodborne. I'm slightly concerned about the melee combat though. It looks a bit repetitive. I don't want to push the Bloodborne comparison too far but in that game the attack animations kept me interested the whole way through, largely due to how great the whole thing felt. Dontnod will have to nail the combat and it's a big ask considering what little experience they have with that style of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Corvo

Obviously this is very early stages, but am I the only one not that impressed by the graphics already? Hate the look of that Evil Dead style interface / icons too. Also agree that the combat needs a bit more variation.

Other than that, the story / backdrop etc. look very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So PC Gamer describe this as looking like Witcher 3 had a baby with Vampires: Bloodlines. Bloodlines was such a good game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/your-choice-of-who-lives-or-dies-will-radically-alter-london-in-vampyr/

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So PC Gamer describe this as looking like Witcher 3 had a baby with Vampires: Bloodlines. Bloodlines was such a good game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/your-choice-of-who-lives-or-dies-will-radically-alter-london-in-vampyr/

Sold on that description alone! Loved Bloodlines, buggy as hell but a diamond in the rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I know it's pre-alpha, but based on that clip the world looks great, storyline is interesting and great atmosphere but the combat looks really weak so far. They need to do a ton of work on the combat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

This is scheduled for a November release so the grunt work should be complete by now so whatever changes will be made will really only be cosmetic and problem fixes. Hard to call it on just that video as its only the starting chapter so you could still have a lot of combat moves to unlock as you go.

Needs an engrossing story and immersive world, thats something dontnod could be capable of pulling off, fingers crossed anyway, if they could somehow sneak Kate Beckinsale in there it would seal the deal for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    This is scheduled for a November release so the grunt work should be complete by now so whatever changes will be made will really only be cosmetic and problem fixes. Hard to call it on just that video as its only the starting chapter so you could still have a lot of combat moves to unlock as you go.

Needs an engrossing story and immersive world, thats something dontnod could be capable of pulling off, fingers crossed anyway, if they could somehow sneak Kate Beckinsale in there it would seal the deal for me.

If they could sneak her into my house that would be far better ;)

But yeah I'm looking forward to how this game turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Let's just hope it's not another Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

thanks for that. I had just about repressed my memories of Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Delayed till Spring 2018, I do not mind the delay if we get a better end product, plus there is a slew of good games coming out in the meantime.
    Delaying the release of a project you hold dear is always a tough decision. However, we believe that meeting a deadline should never compromise quality. We were still convinced just a few weeks ago that we would be able to release Vampyr this year. Unfortunately, a technical issue – now solved – has set our teams’ schedule back at the end of the development.

This delay allows us enough time for all the polishing and balancing phase, much needed for a game of Vampyr‘s scope, with its ambitious, semi-open world, its complex narrative and deep RPG mechanics that give players a real impact on the world.

We want to thank our publisher Focus Home Interactive for giving us the means and time necessary to provide players a memorable experience… especially since so many of you are eagerly waiting for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Delayed till Spring 2018, I do not mind the delay if we get a better end product, plus there is a slew of good games coming out in the meantime.

What a surprise.

Yupp, really don't mind waiting for a potential Witcher/Vampire: Masquerade epic love child. Take your time lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait for this we've been missing a good vampire epic since legacy of Kain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Looking forward to this..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Final episode and release date of June 5th.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm so wet for this.

Nice little preview. Stalking victims, learning more about them raises the XP you can drain from them but also increases your emotional attachment.

https://www.gamesradar.com/vampyr-has-done-what-other-rpgs-couldnt-it-made-me-feel-horrible-about-murdering-innocent-people/?utm_content=bufferc23a1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

So it's up on playstation.com that it's releasing 5th June, I do like the look of it but with so many other good games siting in my backlog, I'll just have to hold off.

Fingers crossed for it all the same and would hope to get it played before the year is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I have a worrying feeling this will be the "disappoint me like no other" game of the year, but I really hope I'm wrong. I'm a little confused as to how they'll get it to all come together, but it's got the potential to be absolutely excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Too much info on the enemies.
    I don't need their level(I assume that's what the green number is on the left), plus their health, plus whatever that gray bar is underneath, plus numbers indicating damage dealt.
    Completely ruins the immersion and make it so much more arcadey than it should be.
    Hopefully there is an option to turn that stuff off.

• Advertisement

Haven't watched this (warnings of minor spoilers at the start), but it's 50 mins of gameplay, if that's your bag.

Advertisement