Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst ride in a while.

• 10-01-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭

I do not normally moan about bad rides but the ride by Adam Kirby on ARDAMIR 3 40 Wol is the worst I have seen in a long time,never more than 2 off the rail the horse was outpaced around halfway, just shaken up he was soon back on the bridle and looked to be full of running off the last bend when Kirby instead of staying on the outside steered the horse behind runners and had to stop riding for the last furlong and a half and yet was beaten by less than a length and three quarters.
    A winner without a penalty and without doubt a dreadful ride that cost me a good bet at 9/4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

I do not normally moan about bad rides but the ride by Adam Kirby on ARDAMIR 3 40 Wol is the worst I have seen in a long time,never more than 2 off the raik the horse was outpaced arter just shaken up he was soon back on the bridle and looked to be full of running off the last bend when Kirby instead of staying on the outside steered the horse behind runners and had to stop riding for the last furlong and a half and yet was beaten by less than a length and three quarters.
    A winner without a penalty and without doubt a dreadful ride that cost me a good bet at 9/4.

His ride on Revolutionary War in the 4.40 wasn't the best either, I would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

razorhead wrote: »
    His ride on Revolutionary War in the 4.40 wasn't the best either, I would have thought

Not nearly as bad as the ARDAMIR ride and REVOLUTIONARY WAR will benefit from a longer trip and will now have a handicap mark if connections go down that road

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I do not normally moan about bad rides but the ride by Adam Kirby on ARDAMIR 3 40 Wol is the worst I have seen in a long time,never more than 2 off the rail the horse was outpaced around halfway, just shaken up he was soon back on the bridle and looked to be full of running off the last bend when Kirby instead of staying on the outside steered the horse behind runners and had to stop riding for the last furlong and a half and yet was beaten by less than a length and three quarters.

I feel your pain.
    I have noticed this more lately, horses being eased up at the line and then passed. Look at the 2:20 yesterday, a 50-1 horse won and look at the jockey getting off after the hurdle, the stewards are turning a blind eye in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

It is indeed painful when one has a decent bet on,however I feel I will get it back when the horse reappears.

• Advertisement

ARDAMIR runs in the 3 10 at Lingfield tomorrow (sat).It is difficult to believe this horse is still a maiden,3 runs back he was beaten 2 1/2 lengths by Natural Scenery who went on to win a class 2 handicap last time out.ARDIMIR contests a class 5 maiden now and I am disappointed he is not running in a handicap but on form he must win though some unexposed types can emerge from these maidens.Anyone looking at his last run will have no difficulty lumping on.

Adam Kirby takes the ride again and lets hope he doesn't run into a wall again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Martin Harley's ride on the fav in the 1 o clock today

ARDAMIR runs in the 3 10 at Lingfield tomorrow (sat).It is difficult to believe this horse is still a maiden,3 runs back he was beaten 2 1/2 lengths by Natural Scenery who went on to win a class 2 handicap last time out.ARDIMIR contests a class 5 maiden now and I am disappointed he is not running in a handicap but on form he must win though some unexposed types can emerge from these maidens.Anyone looking at his last run will have no difficulty lumping on.

Adam Kirby takes the ride again and lets hope he doesn't run into a wall again.

Revolutionary War runs in the following race again with Kirby up...

ARDAMIR would be a near certainty except for the fact that GREEN OR BLACK is in the field.
    This mare has run two very good races in Ireland,btn a nose in a 19 runner race in Navan in oct and before that another great run in a mile 2 furlongs race
    +
    behind Hibiscus at the Curragh.

I presume the mare was bought to go hurdling for N Mullholland and if fit would give ARDAMIR a good race so I am afraid I cant have a bet on the race.

Gosdens 3 year old in receipt of plenty of weight means that I cant back Revolutionary War so another race I cant have a bet on.

• Advertisement

Change of mind now that ARDAMIR is out to evens and thinking that Mullholland's is out for gallop before going over hurdles i have taken the evens.

Double ouch! More of the same? Horse flattering to deceive? Backing out of it? Not good enough? Still learning? Unlucky? Jockey?

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Lingfield/21-January-2017/1510

Kirby got him back up to win after he looked beat....

Kirby got him back up to win after he looked beat....

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Lingfield/21-January-2017/1545/

The horse responded well, and looked liked he wanted to win, on the other hand Ardamir looks like a horse (from last 2 runs) that's just not up for a scrap.

Advertisement