Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

• 12-01-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Might be a good South Dublin developement secret in the shadow of the huge Cherrywood plans, but I just wanted to see if anyone has heard of Clay Farm in Leopardstown Dublin 18. It's the area south of the Ballyogan road (they call it off Kilgobbin Road), serviced by 2 Luas stops and is being built by Park Developments.

https://goo.gl/maps/dGwniD4CUTP2

Major action has started in the last few weeks on the site. Original planning was granted before the boom and I think the current plan is for a mini-village of about 500 units. I'm finding a mix-mash of filings and news articles, but nothing to give an indication of completion dates of phase 1 etc. We were originally looking in the Gallops area but might hold out for this development if they can produce finished units within a year. Any idea how long it would take to produce units from scratch on a site?

http://www.parkdevelopments.ie/property/clay-farm--kilgobbin-road--dublin-18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eddie2008

There are further details if you search the planning section of the dlr website.

This is going to be a big development with phase 2 reaching to Kilgobbin wood. A new distributor road will provide access to Cruagh Wood and Stepaside Park too, connecting this end of Stepaside to Leopardstown. There will be a wildlife park too, as this is where part of the Pale Ditch is located.

I would imagine they will want complete this first phase asap and 12 - 18 months would be safe bet. Although, the Gallops are good houses too.. The area in general is really going to see real change with this development.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The road new through road from Stepaside Park to Leopardstown is much needed.
    Kilgobbin Road is a pain during rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

any info on when the prices or plans would be available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm right at the back of Kilgobbin Wood, there's currently a road to nowhere right next to my bedroom window that I presume will connect up to this when it's finished. I'd be interested to see exactly what they're building and the prices though, I'll be looking to move to a bigger place in a few years and the area suits me fine as long as the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Live in the Gallops, my only concern is secondary schools, D18 badly needs some more schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

They put up a big board on the Ballyogan road "3 and 4 bed houses and apartments - coming 2017". Seems a bit optimistic to be handing over keys to people in the next 11 months when the site it a pile of dirt?

probbably no hope in 2 bed apt being under €300K , looking at all their other developments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carpenter 1

I am a carpenter on this job and we start erecting timber frame houses there in early march. They'll erect on average 3 houses a week thereafter for 20 weeks. They move very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shell_17

Hi all, has anybody heard anything in relation to this development recently? Haven't had much luck with contacting developer. Keen to find out how many houses are due to be released in Phase 1 and maybe an idea of launch dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Some recent pictures from the site:

Clay_Farm_Ballyogan_003.jpg

Clay_Farm_Ballyogan_002.jpg

Clay_Farm_Ballyogan_004.jpg

Clay_Farm_Ballyogan_005.jpg

Clay_Farm_Ballyogan_006.jpg

Clay_Farm_Ballyogan_008.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

It's going up very fast!

Any idea of the prices yet? Or is it too early to get information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

My guess would be starting at around the €400k mark - Bishops Gate had a pre-launch the other day and that's what their 3 beds were starting at. The 11 houses they released were snapped up within 15 mins so I reckon the demand for this will be pretty crazy unfortunately!

emmacxxx wrote: »
    My guess would be starting at around the €400k mark - Bishops Gate had a pre-launch the other day and that's what their 3 beds were starting at. The 11 houses they released were snapped up within 15 mins so I reckon the demand for this will be pretty crazy unfortunately!

May I ask you where you get info from ?

zom wrote: »
    May I ask you where you get info from ?

Yep - I got the email from the estate agent for Bishops Gate during the week with the below prices;

3 BED HOUSES
    HOUSE NO. TYPE SIZE SQ.M PRICE
    11 &12 Type B3 – 3 Bed Semi Detached 106 €405,000
    13 & 14 Type B3 – 3 Bed Semi Detached 106 €410,000
    23 & 26 Type B1 – 3 Bed Mid Terrace 111 €399,500
    22, 24, 25 Type B- 3 Bed End Terrace 113 €417,500
    27 Type B2 – 3 Bed End Terrace 115 €422,500
    4 BED HOUSE
    HOUSE NO. TYPE SIZE SQ.M PRICE
    15 Type A – 4 Bed Semi Detached 134 €540,000
    Booking Deposit:
    €7,500 payable to Kelly Walsh by cheque, bank draft or bank transfer, subject to
    contract. A 10% deposit of the outstanding balance is required strictly within 3
    weeks on signing of unconditional contracts. Balance on completion

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Given these are directly across from a Luas stop and a shopping centre along with a primary school a few mins walk away I'd say they will go for a lot more than Bishops gate.

One bed apartments in another park development across the road are 230 so under 4 for a house is very optimistic.

Yes but it's also on the Ballyogan road which lets face it is quite the turn off!

does anyone know are there any plans of connecting Clay Farm or any surrounding estates on to Ballyogan road, to get easier access to luas??

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

does anyone know are there any plans of connecting Clay Farm or any surrounding estates on to Ballyogan road, to get easier access to luas??
    The 44 bus is a quite regular service running into town via Dundrum and Ranelagh from Stepaside. It might be more convenient than to get the Luas as that can be like the Tokyo express in the mornings.

hytrogen wrote: »
    The 44 bus is a quite regular service running into town via Dundrum and Ranelagh from Stepaside. It might be more convenient than to get the Luas as that can be like the Tokyo express in the mornings.

thank you for suggesting this, the thing is I work in Sandyford and it appears car would be the best option here, as all these estates are separated by walls and fences and there is no easy way of navigating on foot(bike) and no shortcuts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭markpb

I presume Clay Farm will open onto Ballyogan road. Also:
    Located in Stepaside in close proximity to the Luas, the delivery of the Clay Farm Loop Distributor Road located off Ballyogan rd, Stepaside will support further residential development in the area. The route of the loop distributor road will run through the Clay Farm Lands from Ballyogan Road, southward, via a proposed new link bridge which will cross the existing valley to the adjoining undeveloped lands and link back to Ballyogan Road through the Elmfield and Castle Court residential estate to the west where part of the
    road has been constructed, including the bridge over Ballyogan Stream.
    Local Infrastructure Housing Activation Fund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

It will be fun getting on to the M50 in the morning down murphystown road when all of these lands are developed....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 feefeetrixie

3 and 4 beds going on sale in September, apartments not until 2018.

Over 400K up in the late 400 Savilles said for the 3 bed - Not a hope !!

Over 500K for the 4 beds!

3 and 4 beds going on sale in September, apartments not until 2018.

Over 400K up in the late 400 Savilles said for the 3 bed - Not a hope !!

Over 500K for the 4 beds!

LUAS makes magic with property prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tox777

The location is very convenient for people who use the LUAS, but there is an ESB substation right next to it :(! That would be my main concern about that location. Does anyone know if that substation is still in use or if there is any plan to move it?

Tox777 wrote: »
    The location is very convenient for people who use the LUAS, but there is an ESB substation right next to it :(! That would be my main concern about that location. Does anyone know if that substation is still in use or if there is any plan to move it?

All site is like 400m wide so you can look for a house on the other side if you mind ESB stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lcorbett11

Does anyone know if the 20 percent social housing would apply to Clay Farm?
    Looks pretty good but I have heard some stories about social housing in these new estates.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

lcorbett11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 20 percent social housing would apply to Clay Farm?
    Looks pretty good but I have heard some stories about social housing in these new estates.

Thanks

The buildings at the front of the development look fairly high density....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Gabrielle2010

Yes, 10% is social housing and the development received funding from the government. Think the prices are revolting given that the developers have received government funding for the development as part of the Rebuilding Ireland yet cannot deliver affordable houses. I don't mean to tar all welfare receipients with one brush here but you can bet that some people will on the social housing list will get a lovely new home in this development, having never worked a day in their lives. Meanwhile, a middle income family working their butts off and leaving their kids in creche can't even afford a decent home. It does my head in how bloody backwards this country is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 m1989

I got an email recently from them with the initial phase pricing as follows: "We will have a variety of both 3 & 4 bedroom houses in the initial phase ranging in size from 1,175 Sqft (109 Sqm) – 1,735 Sqft (161 Sqm). Prices will be starting at €470,000 for the 3 bedroom houses and €560,000 for the four beds."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Tox777

m1989 wrote: »
    I got an email recently from them with the initial phase pricing as follows: "We will have a variety of both 3 & 4 bedroom houses in the initial phase ranging in size from 1,175 Sqft (109 Sqm) – 1,735 Sqft (161 Sqm). Prices will be starting at €470,000 for the 3 bedroom houses and €560,000 for the four beds."
    I registered on their website, but don't know why I didn't get any email like this about the price...

Advertisement