Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork County Council Clerical Officer 2017

Options
  • 02-05-2017 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭

Cork County Council have a clerical officer campaign closing this Friday, May 5th.

I presume these positions give you access to the Executive Officer roles etc. down the line?

www.yourcouncil.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Has anyone heard anything on this yet? any update on when the aptitude tests will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Mokuba wrote: »
    Cork County Council have a clerical officer campaign closing this Friday, May 5th.

I presume these positions give you access to the Executive Officer roles etc. down the line?

www.yourcouncil.ie

It's entry level on the administrative side, existing (and last) county manager started life back in the day as a CO AFAIK, worked their way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Patg2017

Anyone else get an email about online assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 samsmum

I got an email today, must try the practice tests later!

Anyone do the online tests yet? are they the same as the practice ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Tests where ok, wait and see now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Tests where ok, wait and see now!

The pattern recognition test was hard in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

vector wrote: »
    The pattern recognition test was hard in my opinion.

Yeah, I found that the most difficult too.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

It's entry level on the administrative side, existing (and last) county manager started life back in the day as a CO AFAIK, worked their way up.

What salary are we talking?

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    What salary are we talking?

CO:
    Grade 3 – Clerical Officer/Library Assistant
    (Entry)22,893 – 24,397 – 24,768 – 25,520 – 26,616 – 27,717 – 28,817 – 29,912 – 30,980 – 32,045 – 32,800 – 33,857 – 34,919 – 36,919 – 38,3391
    (from)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

That test was odd enough. It was like a game of Sudoku in one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tinad

Completed the test last Friday. If by some chance I make it through to interview, panel and job offer, does anyone know if the county positions are offered first or city? If you get offered a position and decline due to geographical reasons are you taken off the panel?

tinad wrote: »
    Completed the test last Friday. If by some chance I make it through to interview, panel and job offer, does anyone know if the county positions are offered first or city? If you get offered a position and decline due to geographical reasons are you taken off the panel?

they're separate panels
    If you decline one, you're off that panel.
    but by accepting one, you're not off the other, you can keep your options open. Its not a common panel (one argument for merging them!)

i'd say going by how advanced their respective recruitment campaigns are, City will be making offers first.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Just wondering where this was advertised? Is there an email alert I could sign up to? Thanks

Samjd wrote: »
    Just wondering where this was advertised? Is there an email alert I could sign up to? Thanks

It was advertised on cork county council recruitment page.

I found the test odd too, sudoku was a good description! Does anyone know when we find out how we did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

definitely sudoku like alright. Now to play the waiting game!

Did the city recruit yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Wonder how long we will be waiting and if there will be further tests? The S.O. comp a while back was v slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I got an extension to the deadline to do the aptitude test's but I've been really exhausted the last few days so I missed that deadline as well which was by midnight last night, I just did them now this morning, does anyone think my test answers will be accepted, seeing as I was still able to go into the link and do the exam.

• Advertisement

Just wondering did the people who completed the test before the deadline, did he receive an email from the county council?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 al67

fin12 wrote: »
    Just wondering did the people who completed the test before the deadline, did he receive an email from the county council?
    I did the assessment on Friday of last week and didn't receive any confirmation email - just said each segment was completed as I went along.

Same here, no email confirmation to say completed.

does anyone know what take home pay will be once tax, PRSI, PRD, pension etc is deducted??

does anyone know what take home pay will be once tax, PRSI, PRD, pension etc is deducted??

About 350 a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mishafein

Anyone hear anything about when the results will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Patg2017

No didn't hear anything it normally takes two to three weeks.

Just got called for the supervised assessments next week. How many are being called I wonder?

tinad wrote: »
    Just got called for the supervised assessments next week. How many are being called I wonder?

Was that by email or on the phone?

• Advertisement

Well done. Did they give you the results of the online tests?

Advertisement