Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carton Grove

• 17-06-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anybody bought a 3 bed semi detached in Carton Grove, Maynooth? I was planning to but I just think 390k for a 3 bed in Maynooth is extortionate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 abc12abc

I have to agree with you. It's crazy! Was looking at Carton Wood and Carton Grove but in my opinion I think Beechpark in Leixlip are much better value, quality and the attics are already prepped for future conversion as part of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mharding

abc12abc wrote: »
    I have to agree with you. It's crazy! Was looking at Carton Wood and Carton Grove but in my opinion I think Beechpark in Leixlip are much better value, quality and the attics are already prepped for future conversion as part of the price.

Hey! Why do u say the beech park properties are better value than carton grove? Have you viewed carton grove?

I have seen the three bed semis. They are gorgeous houses however attic isn t suitable for conversion which is a shame. Anyone else here actually bought in phase 1 carton grove? I have and was wondering if anyone had more info about when the place will be completed!!

Hi Mharding,

Yes, I have viewed Carton Wood, Carton Grove, and Beech Park. All the showhouses are beautiful as they always are. I am from the area so was looking to live in the area close to Maynooth. The reason I THINK Beech Park is better value is outlined below - based on 4 bed semi-detached.

Carton Wood & Carton Grove:
    Timber Frame Built (wood)
    €415K (grove), €395K + (wood)
    1,400sq ft (grove), 1,446sq ft (wood)
    On/very close to main road
    Haunting site across the road
    Not all front gardens can fit 2 cars in carton wood, not sure about carton grove yet.
    Roadworks for the next few years with link road being built
    Closing dates unknown... Keep pushing out...

Beech Park:
    Brick Built/no timber frame - Durkan/Kilbegnet Homes
    Closer to motorway
    €390K
    1,426sq ft + 370 sq ft attic conversion
    Not on main road and front of estate is well established with existing creche
    2 cars fit in driveway
    Realistic/factual closing dates and timeframes

But it all depends on what your looking for and what your requirements are. The above is just my take on it.

abc12abc

Hi Mharding,

Yes, I have viewed Carton Wood, Carton Grove, and Beech Park. All the showhouses are beautiful as they always are. I am from the area so was looking to live in the area close to Maynooth. The reason I THINK Beech Park is better value is outlined below - based on 4 bed semi-detached.

Carton Wood & Carton Grove:
    Timber Frame Built
    €415K (grove), €395K + (wood)
    1,400sq ft (grove), 1,446sq ft (wood)
    On/very close to main road
    Haunting site across the road
    Not all front gardens can fit 2 cars in carton wood, not sure about carton grove yet.
    Roadworks for the next few years with link road being built
    Closing dates unknown... Keep pushing out...

Beech Park:
    Brick Built/no timber frame - Durkan/Kilbegnet Homes
    Closer to motorway
    €390K
    1,426sq ft + 370 sq ft attic conversion
    Not on main road and front of estate is well established with existing creche
    2 cars fit in driveway
    Realistic/factual closing dates and timeframes

But it all depends on what your looking for and what your requirements are. The above is just my take on it.

abc12abc

Good points, however, Carton Grove is block built whilst carton wood is timber frame. Unfortunately, prices of the 3 and 4 bed semi D's went up by at least 20k since they sold the first phase off the plans earlier this year. Regarding car parking in carton grove, there are no front gardens, there are two parking spaces allocated to each home. We are buying a 3 bed end of terrace which is 1240 sq foot with an additional 350 sq foot in the attic which is prepped for conversion. The plans for Carton grove include a crèche also so hopefully that will come to pass at some stage. In terms of house specification, does beech park offer any sort I too ups, for example, it appears that most developers have gone back on the idea of fitting kitchens with appliances and providing any sort of tiling or floors. Sign of the times perhaps.

• Advertisement

Ah well thats great the end of terrace has potential for attic conversion. Pity about the semi-d's. Yea when we did our comparison there was no difference really between finishing. For all 3 there the builders are providing fitted kitchens, fitted warerobes, fireplace, appliances, and flooring etc. which is great starting out after forking out so much money.

Ah well thats great the end of terrace has potential for attic conversion. Pity about the semi-d's. Yea when we did our comparison there was no difference really between finishing. For all 3 there the builders are providing fitted kitchens, fitted warerobes, fireplace, appliances, and flooring etc. which is great starting out after forking out so much money.

Actually Carton grove not fitting any kitchen appliances or flooring other than tiling in the bathrooms. Is that not fairly standard not to get such 'extras'?!

Oh really. I didnt realise that with Carton Grove. Yes for Beech Park and Carton Wood(as far as I'm aware) built in dishwasher, fridge/freezer, oven, microwave, hob and fan are included once unconditional contracts are signed within 20 days. Tiled floors in kitchen and hall also included and tiled floors and walls in bathrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cormac82

Hi,
    We are buying one of the 3 bed semi D's in carton grove (phase 2). Yes the price is very high and were disappointed that it doesn't come with appliances fitted in the kitchen, but we went with it, for us beechpark was too far a walk from the train station and we prefer maynooth to leixlip, and I preferred carton grove to carton wood as carton grove are block built.
    Does anyone know how the Help To Buy works after the initial application approval? After you sign the mortgage contract, do you give the HTB application & access number to the builder and they do the rest? Or do you continue to work on the application yourself through the revenue website?

Cormac82 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are buying one of the 3 bed semi D's in carton grove (phase 2). Yes the price is very high and were disappointed that it doesn't come with appliances fitted in the kitchen, but we went with it, for us beechpark was too far a walk from the train station and we prefer maynooth to leixlip, and I preferred carton grove to carton wood as carton grove are block built.
    Does anyone know how the Help To Buy works after the initial application approval? After you sign the mortgage contract, do you give the HTB application & access number to the builder and they do the rest? Or do you continue to work on the application yourself through the revenue website?

Hi there! You have to upload your proof of mortgage (letter of offer) and the contracts of sale which would have to have been signed by you and the developer. You can then proceed to claim the help to buy. Has the developer signed and returned the contracts to you yet? Have you any idea about completion dates yet?

• Advertisement

Hi Cormac82
    Congrats on the house.
    Yes you need to continue with the application yourself. You just need to have a scanned signed copy of the contract and loan offer from bank and follow the steps in revenue.ie. Once you complete that then you will be given a claim number which you need to give to the builder with the application number and access code and then they will make their claim. Hope this helps.

Hey Mharding
    Thanks for the reply.
    No we aren't at that stage yet, I have the booking deposit down. I think it will be sometime next month when we sign the contract. Does the house need to be completed before the developer will sign and return the contract to me, or is that done before completion? As the HTB refund will go directly to the builder, do you know if the house needs to be completed before the HTB refund is processed?
    Thanks for your help

For completion dates, we were told that they planned to start moving people into phase 1 around September time, we drove past it today and the builders were putting down tarmac. Do you have a house from Phase 1? When did they tell you it would be complete?
    For Phase 2, they told us around November, but from the delays that have happened on phase 1, I am guessing it will be at the earliest December or Jan 2018. Hopefully there wont be too much delay on phase 2 completion

Hi abc12abc,

Thanks for that Info!!

Hey Mharding
    Thanks for the reply.
    No we aren't at that stage yet, I have the booking deposit down. I think it will be sometime next month when we sign the contract. Does the house need to be completed before the developer will sign and return the contract to me, or is that done before completion? As the HTB refund will go directly to the builder, do you know if the house needs to be completed before the HTB refund is processed?

Thanks for your help

For completion dates, we were told that they planned to start moving people into phase 1 around September time, we drove past it today and the builders were putting down tarmac. Do you have a house from Phase 1? When did they tell you it would be complete?
    For Phase 2, they told us around November, but from the delays that have happened on phase 1, I am guessing it will be at the earliest December or Jan 2018. Hopefully there wont be too much delay on phase 2 completion

I don't know if your house has to be completed before the builders send Contracts back. We haven't received ours and our house is pretty much completed, I gather that it will be returned to you before completion. We are expecting them back sometime next week, hopefully! I would suggest getting a move on with the HTB as it appears that it will get the axe in the upcoming budget.

Hey Mharding
    Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks for your help

Also, even though the refund will go to the developer, you can get everything completed on your end once you have proof of mortgage and the signed contracts returned. At that point it's pretty much on the builder to access the HTB funds. We were told August/September so we will see. Carton wood seems to be having huge problems with drainage and they tore up the road which they had around phase 1. Hopefully since we are next to them, we won't be experiencing the same issues!

Mharding wrote: »
    Also, even though the refund will go to the developer, you can get everything completed on your end once you have proof of mortgage and the signed contracts returned. At that point it's pretty much on the builder to access the HTB funds. We were told August/September so we will see. Carton wood seems to be having huge problems with drainage and they tore up the road which they had around phase 1. Hopefully since we are next to them, we won't be experiencing the same issues!

Great, thanks for that info!
    Yea I was reading about the problem with drainage in the area, hopefully they have done enough work on the grounds so that it won't be an issue in the future.
    Would be great to see the phase 1 houses released by september

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wickedelphie66

Hi there,

We just viewed the remaining 3/4 bed semi's last night and are considering the 3 bed. Can I ask anyone who has bought already, what are the plans for parking - will there just be a line of spaces across from the houses? Also, is the only flooring included the tiling in the bathrooms?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HenMar

Hi.We got 3 bed terrace in 1st phase. Only floor supplied will be bathrooms,no appliances included,attic ready for converting and two parking spots for each house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dhlane

Hi, we also bought a 3 bed terrace in phase 1. Has anyone heard anything else in relation to completion dates? We were told start of September but drove by yesterday and it looks nearly finished, road has been tarmaced and plants/trees are outside all houses. Hopefully we might get to snag the house in August.

Yeah we are also buying a three bed terrace. We were told September sometime for completion. Has anyone who bought in phase 1 received their signed contracts back from the developers yet?
    dhlane wrote: »
    Hi, we also bought a 3 bed terrace in phase 1. Has anyone heard anything else in relation to completion dates? We were told start of September but drove by yesterday and it looks nearly finished, road has been tarmaced and plants/trees are outside all houses. Hopefully we might get to snag the house in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 HenMar

We got a reply from solicitor today that contract should be back next week.

Yeah me too, I heard that the contracts were signed and that they will be returned next week, fingers crossed!
    HenMar wrote: »
    We got a reply from solicitor today that contract should be back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

Anyone got any idea when move in dates will be. Buying 4 bed and in the middle of selling my property so want to ensure the dates coincide and I don't have to rent anywhere.
    The EA seems to be very secretive on the whole development, we went to view but there were no brochures!! And only the 3 and 4 bed semis were available Are all the 3/4 bed terraced sold off plans etc?
    How strict are they on 3 week contract signing?

Congrats on the house. I can't guide you on completion dates since I don't know if you have bought in phase 1 or 2. We bought a terraced house off the plans and we've been told that they should be ready to snag in August sometime. I'd say move in dates could be anywhere from September to mid October or so. Hopefully!! Anyway that's what the EA are saying. Terraced houses were sold off the plans. We got our contract returned to the developer a couple of days after the 3 week signing, no problems apparently. Not sure if it's a great idea to delay too much if you really want the house though!
    HOCR wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea when move in dates will be. Buying 4 bed and in the middle of selling my property so want to ensure the dates coincide and I don't have to rent anywhere.
    The EA seems to be very secretive on the whole development, we went to view but there were no brochures!! And only the 3 and 4 bed semis were available Are all the 3/4 bed terraced sold off plans etc?
    How strict are they on 3 week contract signing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brd123

We considered beechpark to lovely houses houses but had the below issues:
    - new houses are very far back from the entrance of estate
    - houses at the back are also close to motorway
    - pylons going through the estate
    - not much in that area of leixlip
    Went to look at carton grove last night nice houses just a pity you don't have your own driveway (can cause arguments with neighbours)
    Link road has been planned for last 20 years and still has not happened

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

Brd123 wrote: »
    We considered beechpark to lovely houses houses but had the below issues:
    - new houses are very far back from the entrance of estate
    - houses at the back are also close to motorway
    - pylons going through the estate
    - not much in that area of leixlip
    Went to look at carton grove last night nice houses just a pity you don't have your own driveway (can cause arguments with neighbours)
    Link road has been planned for last 20 years and still has not happened

EA told me each house will have two spaces and will be numbered. My sister lives in Straffan Wood where there is a similar set up but no numbering. Honestly has never been an issue for her.
    Re link road any iNFO on where I can see more details like proposed route et

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brd123

Can't find the link I had before. But below is from the 1987 maynooth newsletter :)
    Exact same plans

Page 22 of the actual newsletter

http://www.maynoothcc.com/Archives/Newsletters/1987/Feburary.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dairejpwalsh

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone had got their contracts back yet. I know some people thought they might be getting them this week.

They should be back today!! Gonna call the solicitor again soon! It's dragging on...
    Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone had got their contracts back yet. I know some people thought they might be getting them this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

We've bought a 3-bed on the as yet un-tarmaced side of phase 1. Drove past 2 weeks ago & noticed the work being done on parking bays & road, so I stopped & got out of the car to have a look.

A fella came out from the site and identified himself as a supervisor; spoke about how quickly the phase was progressing (the good weather this year helping), that they were hopeful the first houses would be occupied by end of August/early September and that we could look forward to being in end of Sept/early October.

I'm aware that builder estimates can be on the optimistic side, but it was nice all the same to hear such positive talk.

I'd be keen to hear progress from those who have bought on the more developed side of phase one.

Advertisement