Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Narin & Portnoo -Receivership threat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

From reading that it seems they made a hash of things financially. Building a new clubhouse and some new holes which they can't afford. A guy is coming in offering to clear the debt and some members aren't happy. Seems pretty ungrateful to me. There is no other way out unless the members raise 1.7 million themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The guy has actually bent over backwards to help the club, before he bought the debt from the bank, 2 or more years ago, he made an offer to the club, clear all their debt, give money to improve the course and machinery, allow all the existing playing rights and a guarantee was made for future costs, he would also build a hotel and put money into the area. The committee flat out refused and decided to bury their head in the sand and ignore the debt.
    So he bought the debt from the bank and I can guarantee he is now getting a much better deal, fair play to him, no one else is interesting in this club and he is only interested because of his family connections to the course and area, he could put his money to much better uses financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Great to hear that - it is a beautiful course in a beautiful part of the country. Would be a crying shame to see it lost

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Love that course. Might play it this week in case it's a last chance!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Lovely course, two long tight par 5's back to back IIFC, crime to see it go under

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Jayus are these locals/members crazy??

Fancy securing your clubs future for a 100 years - no now go away

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Article in Examiner about the course. Been closed since last week, EGM with the members in Ardara to decide what to do.

Lunacy, a great spot for a game and it could go so easily due to what appears to be stupidity.

Advertisement