Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Scythica

Savea to Quins rumour quashed fairly quickly!

EDIT: First!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Scythica wrote: »
    Savea to Quins rumour quashed fairly quickly!

Was it you who started it?
    :D

As someone who doesn't follow the world of rugby league too closely..
    Is the fact Lebanon beat France in the world cup a real big shock...or are France really rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Is the fact Lebanon beat France in the world cup a real big shock...or are France really rubbish?

Lebanon are a team of NRL based aussies i think.

WRU are looking to fund a move to bring George North back to wales

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Ireland had a good win against a supposedly better Italian team. Only 4 Irish born guys in the squad though. International rugby league is a farce. 3/4 teams and the rest made up of players not good enough for those teams

Mirco Bergamasco is in the Italy squad actually, as is Terry Campese who is the nephew of a David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Unsurprisingly Rugby 18 is meant to be dog****.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/rugby-18-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Unsurprisingly Rugby 18 is meant to be dog****.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/rugby-18-review/

Well, I, for one am shocked.

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

The review, is a great read though. all it's missing is a line saying "Stuart Barnes rates this 10/10 ... for Exeter fans".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

To my understanding in rugby league there are three main countries with professional teams.

Australia, New Zealand and England. New Zealand have a team in the NRLand a decent domestic set up.

Then there is a big gap to the second tier that is France. This is a country with a professional team (mainly staffed by foreign players).

Then all other countries rely on a mix of domestic amateurs one or two foreign based professionals and a majority that is granny rule imports.

Unlike rugby union playing international rugby doesn't lock you into that country. For this world cup new zealand have been gutted by a lot of their squad making themselves available for Samoa Tonga Fiji or PNG. They still have the quality and the easy group so should qualify top of their group and be seeded in the qf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

^^^^
    That's a pretty accurate summary. International rugby league is a joke.

The highest level of RL is State of Origin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

SA 400m runner wayde van niekirk did his ACL playing a game of celebrity touch rugby. Will miss the commonweatlh games

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Oh no, not the Commonwealth Games!

• INPHO_00862239.jpg

Bundi Aki?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The injury crisis that England face on the wing after Jonny May was ruled out of immediate contention will not be easily resolved by summoning Marland Yarde after the former Harlequins’ wing was criticised by his recent club team-mate, Chris Robshaw, for letting down the club following his transfer to Sale Sharks. Harlequins’ patience with Yarde ran out after a string of time-keeping issues finally led to him being dropped for the match against Wasps triggering the switch of clubs.

As far as Robshaw is concerned, there is no regret at Yarde’s departure.

“Marland has run out of lives and as a club we are going to be in a better place now,” said Robshaw. “I am disappointed in him. It's a massive shame for the club because he's a talented player but [director of rugby] John [Kingston] has made a great stance.”

That's quite the statement from Robshaw

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

RWC 2019 fixtures incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Dan Carter says he's keen to play on for a couple more years...

https://twitter.com/DanCarter/status/926184535074668545

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bazzo wrote: »
    Dan Carter says he's keen to play on for a couple more years...

https://twitter.com/DanCarter/status/926184535074668545

I'd like to make a suggestion that they should break the bank and bring him to Ulster

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd like to make a suggestion that they should break the bank and bring him to Ulster

Hard to know what Ulster should do about the 10 situation. If they go out and sign someone on a more permanent contract it would suggest Jackson's time at Ulster is up, no matter what the outcome of his current situation.

On the other hand if we sit and wait we could end up in the same place we are right now for next season if things drag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The player ratings on that new game are the most laughably poor set of scores I've seen on any game for any sport

• Advertisement

I'm not going to post any links..but the goings on at Fife rugby club are shocking to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I'm not going to post any links..but the goings on at Fife rugby club are shocking to say the least

Didn't actually want to read the article. I thought we were living in 2017 !! There are some seriously ****ed up people in society.

Fife is the land that time forgot. Their coach is Peter Horne's Dad too.
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    That's quite the statement from Robshaw

You never really see that sort of statement anymore, but it's good to see in a way especially coming from someone like Robshaw, well within his rights too.

GSTQ before the Baa Baas game, jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Fifita just ran 60m from inside his own half to inside the Baabaa's 22. Blindside flanker outpacing outside backs. Ridiculous player.

Legs were running faster than his brain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭jacothelad

razorblunt wrote: »

Imagine. The English National Anthem being played before a major sporting event in England. You'd never get the Irish Anthem being played before an event here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭swiwi_

razorblunt wrote: »
    jacothelad wrote: »
    Imagine. The English National Anthem being played before a major sporting event in England. You'd never get the Irish Anthem being played before an event here.

Are there any ANY English players in the Baa-baas?

I'm with razorblunt, no need for English anthem for a match not involving England. I know you get a bit irritated about anthem issues though jaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

The whole ****ing month of november is now dedicated to the glory of the british army

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭jacothelad

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Are there any ANY English players in the Baa-baas?

I'm with razorblunt, no need for English anthem for a match not involving England. I know you get a bit irritated about anthem issues though jaco.

I think they are a waste of space and shouldn't be in any game but I'm even less a fan of opportunist hypocrisy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement