Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Female players, Dublin (PlayStation).

• 17-01-2018 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Just wondering if there are any female players in Dublin who aren't complete couch potatoes.
    Girls who genuinely enjoy playing PlayStation (no "gamer-girls"), are normal people, and want to add other people they actually know that they could possibly meet in-person if they want to chill.
    Could be to smoke, discuss games, marvel/dc, films in general, make-up, life, anything really, and do **** like go for drinks or have a game-night in someone's house or whatever. A hike. Anything.

Just looking for like-minded female people to hang with or at least play online with. Be class if we could get a lil crew going.

About me:
    Looking to do more things separate from the boyfriend
    All my friends are from the country or moved away or aren't interested in the same things
    PS3 & PS4, depending on where I am
    22 at the mo
    Female
    Need a lil gaming crew closer to home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

jamlynn wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are any female players in Dublin who aren't complete couch potatoes.
    Girls who genuinely enjoy playing PlayStation (no "gamer-girls"), are normal people, and want to add other people that they could possibly meet in-person in the future.
    Could be to smoke, discuss games, marvel/dc, films in general, make-up, anything really, and do **** like go for drinks or have a game-night in someone's house or whatever. A hike. Anything.

Just looking for like-minded female people to hang with or at least play online with. Be class if we could get a lil crew going.

About me:
    All my friends are from the country or moved away
    22 at the mo
    Female
    Need a crew closer to home

OP I understand your position as I too feel the same way looking at my "gamer" friends but now that I have a full time job I'm starting to somewhat understand it...

Not only has it become hard for me to make time to play games its also become harder to afford it thanks to the fact rent eats away at most of my salary. Add to this the fact I can't have my console with me so I'd have to travel back home to be able to play.

The only people I know who still play frequently are unemployed couch potatoes (the type that can't be bothered even looking for a job)

It really sucks because I always felt gaming was the one thing I thought was genuinely relaxing and it was a thing I did to have somewhat of a break from everything else. Plus it was truly enjoyable to play with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JasDev

Yeah, it's hard when you get older, huh?
    I've college and I'm working, myself. I don't play it too regularly, but I am interested in it. So nights where I'm too tired to go out, it'd be great to have some people who are online that I actually know to just have a couple games with after work. Or we can organize a game in advance if schedules are busy. And if ever there's time to, if they wanted to drop the controller to hang in-person, great.

A full-time work schedule doesn't mean ye have to sacrifice what you enjoy totally! Unless you've kids... That's a tad different.

Yeah, it's hard when you get older, huh?
    I've college and I'm working, myself. I don't play it too regularly, but I am interested in it. So nights where I'm too tired to go out, it'd be great to have some people who are online that I actually know to just have a couple games with after work. Or we can organize a game in advance if schedules are busy. And if ever there's time to, if they wanted to drop the controller to hang in-person, great.

A full-time work schedule doesn't mean ye have to sacrifice what you enjoy totally! Unless you've kids... That's a tad different.

Yeah absolutely, even if you weren't a complete couch potato before all of sudden you're flooded with all these responsibilities you didn't know existed ahaha

No I don't have kids as I'm a 23 year old recent grad myself :) if I was allowed to have my console with me I could play at least the weekends as I have some games I haven't played yet (Fallout 4, South Park the stick of truth, Uncharted Collection, Crash Bandicoot)

Your idea sounds like a ton of fun really, most games nowadays are single player but I have some of the fondest memories effing things up for others during multiplayers or multiplayer mode :D

cinnamony wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely, even if you weren't a complete couch potato before all of sudden you're flooded with all these responsibilities you didn't know existed ahaha

No I don't have kids as I'm a 23 year old recent grad myself :) if I was allowed to have my console with me I could play at least the weekends as I have some games I haven't played yet (Fallout 4, South Park the stick of truth, Uncharted Collection, Crash Bandicoot)

Your idea sounds like a ton of fun really, most games nowadays are single player but I have some of the fondest memories effing things up for others during multiplayers or multiplayer mode :D

I’ve No kids either at the moment! It’s similar for me too, I have a PlayStation 3 accessible whenever I’m home and a PlayStation 4 whenever I’m at the bfs.

I’d deffo need to update my games. All I’ve left for the PS3 is The Last of Us (unplayed), Red Dead Redemption, RDR: Undead Nightmare, MWII, Assasins Creed, AC: Revelations.
    And for PS4 there’s Infinite Warefare, WWII and Forza (unplayed). Waiting for the new RDR and want to try games I haven’t, like the Uncharted games, actually. Even though I’ve no time to play the ones I already have.

Used to love obliviously “effing things up” for players when I was a younger :’)

I’ve No kids either at the moment! It’s similar for me too, I have a PlayStation 3 accessible whenever I’m home and a PlayStation 4 whenever I’m at the bfs.

I’d deffo need to update my games. All I’ve left for the PS3 is The Last of Us (unplayed), Red Dead Redemption, RDR: Undead Nightmare, MWII, Assasins Creed, AC: Revelations.
    And for PS4 there’s Infinite Warefare, WWII and Forza (unplayed). Waiting for the new RDR and want to try games I haven’t, like the Uncharted games, actually. Even though I’ve no time to play the ones I already have.

Used to love obliviously “effing things up” for players when I was a younger :’)

I would definitely recommend playing TLOU, it was the first game I played on the PS4 and loved it from beginning to end. One thing I genuinely liked is that there are no "heros" in this game, it felt human if that makes sense...

Uncharted are by the same developers of TLOU, I've only played 4 and The Lost Legacy. Its a lot of fun albeit it can get a bit repetitive, that said the graphics are so amazing it feels like I'm travelling or something :D

I too have a ton of games I want to try like WWII, Wolfenstein, Undertale and more JRPGs

Exactly it was funny how dramatic things got, when I played with my younger siblings and at the end we'd get this screen that replayed some of our playtime back to us and they forgot to pick up some coins "Errhmm...COIN??!" :pac:

• Advertisement

I would definitely recommend playing TLOU, it was the first game I played on the PS4 and loved it from beginning to end. One thing I genuinely liked is that there are no "heros" in this game, it felt human if that makes sense...

Uncharted are by the same developers of TLOU, I've only played 4 and The Lost Legacy. Its a lot of fun albeit it can get a bit repetitive, that said the graphics are so amazing it feels like I'm travelling or something :D

I too have a ton of games I want to try like WWII, Wolfenstein, Undertale and more JRPGs

Exactly it was funny how dramatic things got, when I played with my younger siblings and at the end we'd get this screen that replayed some of our playtime back to us and they forgot to pick up some coins "Errhmm...COIN??!" :pac:

I used to feel the same about RRD on PS3 until I stuck it on for the craic a few months ago and saw the quality 😂 TLOU looks really good. Might just sell all the ps3 games and get TLOU, RDR 2 and AC: Origins for the PS4, coz you’re right, the graphics are ridiculous.

I just want to get back into it all, I haven’t properly played since secondary school, just bits here and there. I think the last time I played a JRPG was under 13 years old. That’s a long ass time.

My bro only downloaded the remastered version of Abes Oddysee, Abes Exoddus on his Xbox a couple weeks ago. Used to play it all the time as a kid, was so weird playing it again. It’s actually a good game for what it is. Difficult enough at times.
    Are you living in Dublin?

I used to feel the same about RRD on PS3 until I stuck it on for the craic a few months ago and saw the quality 😂 TLOU looks really good. Might just sell all the ps3 games and get TLOU, RDR 2 and AC: Origins for the PS4, coz you’re right, the graphics are ridiculous.

I just want to get back into it all, I haven’t properly played since secondary school, just bits here and there. I think the last time I played a JRPG was under 13 years old. That’s a long ass time.

My bro only downloaded the remastered version of Abes Oddysee, Abes Exoddus on his Xbox a couple weeks ago. Used to play it all the time as a kid, was so weird playing it again. It’s actually a good game for what it is. Difficult enough at times.
    Are you living in Dublin?

I didn't own a PS3 but I have seen some comparisons between PS3 games and their remastered counterparts for the PS4 and its crazy how much they have improved in a relatively short time span. My parents actually didn't have a lot of money when I was young so I only owned a PS1 and a PS2 and then I didn't have many games just the odd 2nd hand on my birthday or borrowed. When I bought the PS4 myself it was such a shock, although I must say low quality graphics can really add to the mood (eg. Silent Hill 1 and 2).

I know the feeling! I hope in the future I can make this a more regular hobby as well. If you like JRPGs you MUST play Persona! Its so good!!
    Although I may be biased...

Interesting didn't know there was a remastered version of that. I imagine that must have been a special feeling. I sometimes go back and play the really old Super Mario and almost end up in tears :pac:
    Yes I am! Unfortunately... Aha

I didn't own a PS3 but I have seen some comparisons between PS3 games and their remastered counterparts for the PS4 and its crazy how much they have improved in a relatively short time span. My parents actually didn't have a lot of money when I was young so I only owned a PS1 and a PS2 and then I didn't have many games just the odd 2nd hand on my birthday or borrowed. When I bought the PS4 myself it was such a shock, although I must say low quality graphics can really add to the mood (eg. Silent Hill 1 and 2).

I know the feeling! I hope in the future I can make this a more regular hobby as well. If you like JRPGs you MUST play Persona! Its so good!!
    Although I may be biased...

Interesting didn't know there was a remastered version of that. I imagine that must have been a special feeling. I sometimes go back and play the really old Super Mario and almost end up in tears :pac:
    Yes I am! Unfortunately... Aha

Same as that, we had a Sega at one point though! Was class. Or if we couldn’t buy our own games we’d go around to our cousins and play Hitman, Bully, Sims Busting Out and just run a muck on them. That woulda been when I played Pokémon on the Game Boy but I was never a fan of that franchise (don’t shoot me.)

How do you feel about the old classic, Doom? Now that is a funny one to replay. I’m not sure if I do, haven’t played one in years.

Got the What was almost like a craving to play super Mario Galaxy out of nowhere a few weeks ago. No idea why. Would’ve loved to but we don’t have a wii, even though we have a copy of the game.
    Why unfortunately?? Not like it?

Same as that, we had a Sega at one point though! Was class. Or if we couldn’t buy our own games we’d go around to our cousins and play Hitman, Bully, Sims Busting Out and just run a muck on them. That woulda been when I played Pokémon on the Game Boy but I was never a fan of that franchise (don’t shoot me.)

How do you feel about the old classic, Doom? Now that is a funny one to replay. I’m not sure if I do, haven’t played one in years.

Got the What was almost like a craving to play super Mario Galaxy out of nowhere a few weeks ago. No idea why. Would’ve loved to but we don’t have a wii, even though we have a copy of the game.
    Why unfortunately?? Not like it?

We had these things that looked like a keyboard for a PC and you'd put a tape thing in the middle I can't remember what its called but could play super mario and everything on it. Oh man I remember playing the sims 1 at my friends house and Age of Empires I was mystified!! Fun times! No worries, I don't like Pokemon either and definitely don't get the obsession!

I have actually never played Doom! I got a 2nd hand copy once in a random shop but it didnt work when I got home..obscure times :(

Oh yeah I don't have a Wii either sadly but I have a friend that is absolutely nintendo obsessed and she says the new game is epic. Would love to play SM Galaxy just for the fact its space themed!! :D

I love living here but the rents are a theft :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

latest?cb=20170106000039

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

We had these things that looked like a keyboard for a PC and you'd put a tape thing in the middle I can't remember what its called but could play super mario and everything on it.

This ? a commodore 64 ? Though if you're 22 that would mean you'd be 5 by 2000....and I'm not sure of any machine that was using tapes back then. Win98/2000 was around at that stage. Maybe some strange knockoff system/peripheral that got released back in the day.
    c64system.jpg

Anyways, welcome to the gaming forums both of you.

We don't try to distinguish between male/female gamers here.
    There are prob a lot of ladies here already .....I have no clue as to most people's gender.
    Guys are ok to play with too...for the most part :cool:

We had these things that looked like a keyboard for a PC and you'd put a tape thing in the middle I can't remember what its called but could play super mario and everything on it. Oh man I remember playing the sims 1 at my friends house and Age of Empires I was mystified!! Fun times! No worries, I don't like Pokemon either and definitely don't get the obsession!

I have actually never played Doom! I got a 2nd hand copy once in a random shop but it didnt work when I got home..obscure times :(

Oh yeah I don't have a Wii either sadly but I have a friend that is absolutely nintendo obsessed and she says the new game is epic. Would love to play SM Galaxy just for the fact its space themed!! :D

I love living here but the rents are a theft :(

They sound really, really old school. In fact, I've had to google it haha don't remember ever having used one of those, if I'm honest with you. Looks like it took 'cartridges' similar to the Sega, anyway. Having said that, elements of this image look familiar...?

8_bit_keyboard_game.jpg

Well, that's ****e. There used to also be this really basic demo game where a dinosaur would just constantly walk in place, only to face wherever you pointed your joy-stick. It was extremely boring but I always remember it. On another note, did anyone else ever used to play Future Cop: LAPD? Used to love it.

14707-future-cop-l-a-p-d-playstation-screenshot-getting-a-tank-in.jpg

I used to have a Game Boy Advance and a Nintento DS. Super Mario Galaxy, though, just has a completely unique feel in itself, even because of the console it's on. The gaming music and sound effects are weirdly relaxing and it's great for taking turns and egging each other on during levels. Gets a good social vibe going. :cool:

I'd say so! Are you from Ireland or elsewhere?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Anyways, welcome to the gaming forums both of you.

We don't try to distinguish between male/female gamers here.
    There are prob a lot of ladies here already .....I have no clue as to most people's gender.
    Guys are ok to play with too...for the most part :cool:
    Thanks for the welcome, SeantheMan. Well, let's hope this thread attracts sound people at least!

YouSavedMyLife that image was pretty funny as well, you should join the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The multiplayer in Future Cop was the absolute biz!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might want to check in with the Ladies Lounge forum

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1011

Pop a similar thread on there, or a link to this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I have a few sound ladies on my friends list on PS4(i know them personally). Hell of a lot better at gaming than me that's for sure. Welcome anyway. Sound group on the gaming forum here. I've gotten a lot of help here over the years with various questions.

The multiplayer in Future Cop was the absolute biz!

Wasn't it? :D It kept me and my little bro entertained for hours when we were younger. That and Spyro.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Might want to check in with the Ladies Lounge forum

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1011

Pop a similar thread on there, or a link to this one.

That's not a bad idea at all, actually...
    Might help. Thanks.

I have a few sound ladies on my friends list on PS4(i know them personally). Hell of a lot better at gaming than me that's for sure. Welcome anyway. Sound group on the gaming forum here. I've gotten a lot of help here over the years with various questions.

Yeah, I'm picking up on the friendly vibe alright. I'm liking it so far. You guys haven't intimidated me yet.
    That's what I'd like, some friends on the ps4 that I know personally. Instead of a random add from a lobby or something.

Is anyone part of any in-person gaming communities around where they live?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Theres plenty of PS users here on Boards: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114713

Also depending on what games you play there are numerous chats etc setup on the console if you want to be added to them etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

More so on the XB1 or Switch than the PS4 at the moment. In the middle of Witcher3, havent really played many multiplayers bar Mario Kart in about 7/8 years. Used to be great at Halo 2/3. Tried COD but just get battered repeatedly. Gave up on the Halo franchise when they removed splitscreen - my husband and I completed all the other ones previous to that. I did give Fortnite a go - that seems pretty fun.

I'm in the decade ahead of you though I'm afraid - my first console was the Atari (which was my older sisters to be fair) and then my SNES

Work wise, I went through a stage recently of not playing games at all, just so tired coming in from work etc. Picking up the witcher has given me back my love of it though. Nothing better than blinking and it's three hours later and all I've done is played 4 games of Gwent and checked out the merchants around :pac::pac:

I know what you mean though, I have one female friend into gaming and she has 2 kids now, who have now become the main gamers in her household :D

Same with sports - I'd love to get girls going for a five a side (I'm terrible btw but just for fun & keeping fit) but most of my mates would roar laughing at me if I suggested that. Without sounding sexist - I can't keep up with my male friends when it comes to football.

When the girls start getting into a discussion about highlighter/concealer/kardashians mad faces, I go into a waking coma. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They sound really, really old school. In fact, I've had to google it haha don't remember ever having used one of those, if I'm honest with you. Looks like it took 'cartridges' similar to the Sega, anyway. Having said that, elements of this image look familiar...?

8_bit_keyboard_game.jpg

If it played NES games it was probably a famiclone, a knock off of the Japanese NES called the famicom.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Theres plenty of PS users here on Boards: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114713

Also depending on what games you play there are numerous chats etc setup on the console if you want to be added to them etc.

Class, thanks for sharing that. That'd be cool. I'll have a look and add my name.
    kg703 wrote: »
    More so on the XB1 or Switch than the PS4 at the moment. In the middle of Witcher3, havent really played many multiplayers bar Mario Kart in about 7/8 years. Used to be great at Halo 2/3. Tried COD but just get battered repeatedly.

I've heard xBox One gamers are completely different to PlayStation4 gamers. Basically, if I played a game of COD on xBox One, I may as well not be playing it. Not that I'm any good otherwise.
    Same with sports - I'd love to get girls going for a five a side (I'm terrible btw but just for fun & keeping fit) but most of my mates would roar laughing at me if I suggested that. Without sounding sexist - I can't keep up with my male friends when it comes to football.

I'm not really into football, now, but I find myself always wanting to go out and do things no one else wants to. They just wanna go for cocktails or coffee all the time, which is fine but... I'd love to go try archery or some ****, or I like going go-karting or on hikes. Having said that, if I was with a group of girls at my skill level (0) I'd give the football a go because, like you, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I've heard xBox One gamers are completely different to PlayStation4 gamers. Basically, if I played a game of COD on xBox One, I may as well not be playing it. Not that I'm any good otherwise.

:confused:

I think it might have been a famiclone alright, all I know is we got it for the equivalent of a fiver at some dodgy corner store :pac: in any case at least it worked and I have some fantastic memories of it!

I used to be a soccer player and swimmer not sure how my skills are doing now but I was actually put on the male soccer team for being too strong for the female team so I think its just genetics.
    I have always wanted to try archery and shooting (no not going on a rampage just the shooting range thingie thank god :pac:)
    Also I wana try weight lifting again, not competitive or anything but I did it before I moved for a bit and it was lots of fun!
    Oh and racing!! Always wanted to try racing omg :D

On the makeup tbh I am a bit too obsessed, I have over 100 lipsticks and 50 eyeshadows mostly from trips to South Korea but I'm not the type to be fussed about it getting messed up or anything.

Agree on the friendliness thing, I posted on the Persona 5 thread when I was doing my playthrough and it made it more fun for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well, that's ****e. There used to also be this really basic demo game where a dinosaur would just constantly walk in place, only to face wherever you pointed your joy-stick. It was extremely boring but I always remember it. On another

The PS1 tech demo used to have a T-Rex doing what you describe. You could also be a manta ray. I remember being blown away at the time.

OMG I remember the trex and having a really old song playing to it and making his mouth move was the funniest thing ever!!!

I've been so busy with work, college, and being sick.
    :confused:

My bro has said PlayStation players "play" their games, while Xbox players "live on them."
    I used to be a soccer player and swimmer not sure how my skills are doing now but I was actually put on the male soccer team for being too strong for the female team so I think its just genetics.
    I have always wanted to try archery and shooting (no not going on a rampage just the shooting range thingie thank god :pac:)
    Also I wana try weight lifting again, not competitive or anything but I did it before I moved for a bit and it was lots of fun!
    Oh and racing!! Always wanted to try racing omg :D

On the makeup tbh I am a bit too obsessed, I have over 100 lipsticks and 50 eyeshadows mostly from trips to South Korea but I'm not the type to be fussed about it getting messed up or anything.

At least you didn't have to go easy anymore!
    I've never been to a shooting range but my whole family has. They all went while we were in Florida but I was sick the day they went. I'd love to give a bit of weight lifting a go as well.

Maybe you can teach me a thing or two, my makeup supply is laughable haha I only recently made my first Inglot purchase.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    The PS1 tech demo used to have a T-Rex doing what you describe. You could also be a manta ray. I remember being blown away at the time.

Oh, yeah, the Manta ray! I totally forgot about that. I can't wait til after this semester is over and I can just play games in the evenings. Having serious cravings watching this and looking up old games. :eek:
    OMG I remember the trex and having a really old song playing to it and making his mouth move was the funniest thing ever!!!

Those were the days :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭PoppedPopcorn

Girls who genuinely enjoy playing PlayStation (no "gamer-girls"), are normal people, and want to add other people they actually know that they could possibly meet in-person if they want to chill.
    Could be to smoke, discuss games, marvel/dc, films in general, make-up, life, anything really, and do **** like go for drinks or have a game-night in someone's house or whatever. A hike. Anything.

About me:
    All my friends are from the country or moved away or aren't interested in the same things
    22 at the mo
    Female
    Need a lil gaming crew closer to home

My OH hates gaming ! We recently moved to dublin so if im not working im on ps4 😂 technically still socializing ... right? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

My bro has said PlayStation players "play" their games, while Xbox players "live on them."
    I wouldn't put much stock in that at all to be honest, some people just view their consoles (or PC!) like a sports rivalry, which is why you get weird statements like that one. Just replace PS4/Xbox with Liverpool/Man Utd and it will make sense. :pac:

Advertisement