Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highest Clubhead/Swing Speed in Ireland

• 16-02-2018 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

There's a Golf Coach based just outside of Belfast that has started a facebook (Chris Jelly Golf) campaign to find the highest clubhead/swing speed in the country.

He is offering 30 mins free on the trackman with the only cost to the participant being the balls.

Thought i would start this thread to let you guys know about the campaign but also to see if anyone here knows their driver numbers or have any friends pushing the 130mph mark?

I'm booked in for monday so will post my results. Never been on the trackman with the big stick but I'll settle for something in the top 25% :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Free trackman? Yeah I can't see this being abused at all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Used to be able get up over 125, topping out at the 115 mark now.
    Old age is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Some interesting graphics below, don't feel so bad about myself since I came across them!

golf-swing-speed-chart.gif

data2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Russman

Its the internet, don't you know everybody swings it at 125mph and needs an x flex shaft tipped by an inch ??!!:D:D

Joking aside, what does this pro hope to achieve ? or is it just a fun thing to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Russman wrote: »
    Its the internet, don't you know everybody swings it at 125mph and needs an x flex shaft tipped by an inch ??!!:D:D

Joking aside, what does this pro hope to achieve ? or is it just a fun thing to do ?

Yeah seems just a bit of craic, maybe will improve his profile online and could get a few more golfers taking lessons with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

This is gonna be fun.....
    The Fastest Amateur I ever saw when fitting was 129mph Player off +4. Genuine player too.
    Was lucky in the Past to get Close up To Ernies Els On a fitting range many moons ago. Don't recall numbers, But I remember thinking.... How the F***!! He was barely leaning On it and was just piping them out there. So impressive to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Russman

neckedit wrote: »
    But I remember thinking.... How the F***!! He was barely leaning On it and was just piping them out there. So impressive to watch.

Yeah, the real good ones are scarily impressive at times. I remember going to the WGC AMEX event in Mount Juliet a few weeks after, I think maybe the European Open in the K Club (a regular tour event anyway), and the difference between the ball striking of the two fields was very noticeable, even at that level. This was back when Ernie, Goosen, Vijay etc were really at their peak.

To get back OT, the fastest I've seen from a normal person, is around 111mph from a guy I know.

Eoin Gibbons does all his lessons with trackman. I'm not sure what the big deal Is with this offer.
    Data from seven iron below, driver next week.

14/02/2018

7i
    7Iron
    Ball icon12018-02-14

Mph
    Club Speed
    Mph
    Ball Speed
    Mph
    Face Ang.
    Deg
    Club Path
    Deg
    Face To Path
    Deg
    Attack Ang.
    Deg
    Launch Ang.
    Deg
    Carry
    Yds
    Total
    Yds
    Spin Rate
    Rpm
    All distances have been normalized to 77°F, and sea level altitude.

TrackMan University

I've a mate who has told me he has recorded 121mph, longest off the tee i've played with. 6 H/C

Chris Jelly has said the highest on his box is 127mph.

Just have to wait and see I guess. Should be a few results out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sadly trackman wasn't around when I was younger.

I would love to know what my swing speed was - not sure what the best age for swing speed is - under 20 or maybe up to mid 20 ?

I've slowed down a bit last 5 years - last time recorded was 115 mph -

I'd say Roadrunner here is the fastest I've seen - but looks more like power.

Couple of young lads at Irish Amateur is unreal stuff 120+ - carry looks near 300 for some of them.

High swing speed is great to have - but very hard to slow it down for certain shots - your speed is your tempo and if not at the tempo - everything is just out.

I struggle with less speed in any shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This is gonna be fun.....
    The Fastest Amateur I ever saw when fitting was 129mph Player off +4. Genuine player too.
    Was lucky in the Past to get Close up To Ernies Els On a fitting range many moons ago. Don't recall numbers, But I remember thinking.... How the F***!! He was barely leaning On it and was just piping them out there. So impressive to watch.

129 :eek:

129 :eek:

True story!!

mike12 wrote: »
    Eoin Gibbons does all his lessons with trackman. I'm not sure what the big deal Is with this offer.
    Data from seven iron below, driver next week.

14/02/2018

7i
    7Iron
    Ball icon12018-02-14

Mph
    Club Speed
    Mph
    Ball Speed
    Mph
    Face Ang.
    Deg
    Club Path
    Deg
    Face To Path
    Deg
    Attack Ang.
    Deg
    Launch Ang.
    Deg
    Carry
    Yds
    Total
    Yds
    Spin Rate
    Rpm
    All distances have been normalized to 77°F, and sea level altitude.

TrackMan University

That's impressive numbers Mike, above tour avg. what the handicap?

That's impressive numbers Mike, above tour avg. what the handicap?

Got down from 12 to 9 last year, distance not the problem, finesse is thought.

Was in today.

Clubhead speed was around 107/108. I did hit one at 110 but strike was out of heel.
    Attack angle around +1 degrees.
    Face was +2 average
    Path was -1 average
    Average smash factor was 1.40. 1.43 the highest.

Enjoyable 20 mins and good to see the stats from my drives. More importantly, i was happy to see spin numbers and launch angle were decent from my TM stock shaft in stiff. Chris is going to email me the trackman numbers.

Cost was £3 for 30 balls but only needed 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

There's a Golf Coach based just outside of Belfast that has started a facebook (Chris Jelly Golf) campaign...........

My local driving range. I'll leave it for a month or so as I haven't hit a ball this year yet.

some big numbers now.
    +3 guy from dungannon hit 113 but i think the highest is now 125.5.

Advertisement