Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yakuza 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking forward to playing this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting yakuza 0 and 6 together is a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Toru Yano is such a perfect fit for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have the After Hours Premium Edition ordered on Amazon since last September, it is a great price for all you get with it.

i think it's quite poor value considering the price of the base game, which comes with the artbook if pre ordered.
    Still ordered it though, im a sucker for Yakuza:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i think it's quite poor value considering the price of the base game, which comes with the artbook if pre ordered.
    Still ordered it though, im a sucker for Yakuza:rolleyes:

I can't see how it is poor value, 73.99 for the game, art book, two etched whiskey tumblers, two coasters, two ice stones and a nice case is good value to me.

It's an extra 35 pound for 2 glasses, coasters and stones. The base game can be got for under 40 so it seems a bit excessive to me by comparison

Don't forget the fancy box, in fairness I would of preferred it to be a steelbook edition as well like Kiwami, but I have payed more for less in the past.

Demo is out on psn. Be warned it's one of those demos that you seem to need to download the whole game to access it.
    Like Wolfenstein 2 & others have :/
    An over 30GB download

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ERG89 wrote: »
    Demo is out on psn. Be warned it's one of those demos that you seem to need to download the whole game to access it.
    Like Wolfenstein 2 & others have :/
    An over 30GB download

30gigs for a demo? feck that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So your progress will continue over to the full game and trophies will carry over too. Not sure about the reserving sieve though, did that mean if you buy it digitally, you don't have to download the game again?

https://twitter.com/yakuzagame/status/968540211046051840

So, certain versions of the demo are actually the full game!! You're only supposed to be able to play chapter 1 but if you can play past it, then you have the full game. Demo has now been removed.

Gonna give this a try!

Edit: looks like it was just the US version.

https://twitter.com/yakuzagame/status/968633518405201920

Haha Jaysus and I was thinking of downloading it and all based on your post before the above :D.

Demo was a bit strange. Long into cutscene, usual Yakuza, get control and have to head to a bar, another cutscene and then have to head to little Asia but that's closed off in the demo so can't go any further. There might be side quests I can do but I was expecting a bit more of the the main quest, only fought 2 random groups, nothing to do with main quest.

Will have to give it another look later.

Il save this one for a summer pick up
    Looks good though

Looks like it will be a lot quicker to finish than 5, the main story is well below half the length of its predecessor, put over 100 hours into 5.

Anyone getting this today/this week? It's 50 in Argos, 60 in GS and PSN. I got a great deal on god of war so getting that first and will then trade for Yakuza 6 when I'm done.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone getting this today/this week? It's 50 in Argos, 60 in GS and PSN. I got a great deal on god of war so getting that first and will then trade for Yakuza 6 when I'm done.

Such a bad move to delay the release of a PS exclusive the same week as the biggest PlayStation title since Horizon over a year ago.
    Have God of War preordered and recently bought Far Cry 5, Evil Within 2, Watch Dogs 2 and Uncharted Lost Legacy so can't justify buying this for quite some time :(

• Advertisement

Just picked up the premium edition. Artbook is very good and the glasses are excellent quality

Just picked up the premium edition. Artbook is very good and the glasses are excellent quality

Amazon are having issues fulfilling the order I made the day it went on sale.

That's a dose.
    I gave up on ordering anything limited from Amazon a few years ago after the debacle with the controller adapters for the Wii U. I had a very unhappy sister that Christmas.

Any chance of yakuza 5 getting a remaster for ps4? Or any chance of the entire series getting a remaster?

Any chance of yakuza 5 getting a remaster for ps4? Or any chance of the entire series getting a remaster?

I assume the plan is to remaster them all given that part 2 remake is coming soon.

PSA for anyone who has ordered the premium edition.
    Don't use the whiskey stones in whiskey.
    Apparently the alcohol is burning off the design according to a few unhappy folk on Reddit

Ah here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

yeah but it's probably gonna be a while, they hinted it would happen eventually but it's probably gonna be after Kiwami 2 and Ishin, maybe even after Fist of the North Star

Sieghardt wrote: »
    yeah but it's probably gonna be a while, they hinted it would happen eventually but it's probably gonna be after Kiwami 2 and Ishin, maybe even after Fist of the North Star

I had to google Ishin, will that even come west?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I want to get it....as Yakuza 0 was one of my fave games in recent years.
    But then I got Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 is coming out...and now I'm being asked to skip past 3,4,5.
    I know you can review the story etc...it's just I don't know if I wanna do this jump to the end as opposed to playing in sequence.

Advertisement