Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasonable rent - Dublin south

Options
  • 18-02-2018 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking around for a apartment or house within 30 minutes commute (either car, bus or luas) from Sandyford. What is a reasonable rent for family of 4 ? I see ranges from 2K to 5K for a 3 bed property, is daft a good place to look at prices?. I live 100 KM away from Dublin and feels like commute would be unbearable.
    Any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

trompele wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking around for a apartment or house within 30 minutes commute (either car, bus or luas) from Sandyford. What is a reasonable rent for family of 4 ? I see ranges from 2K to 5K for a 3 bed property, is daft a good place to look at prices?. I live 100 KM away from Dublin and feels like commute would be unbearable.
    Any comments?

Rents can vary greatly so you need to be doing good comparison checks.
    In my opinion, if you are going to work in Sandyford you should be looking for places in the immediate surrounding areas with little to no commute to make the move really worthwhile and to keep your travel cost down in order to compensate for the extra money you will be paying in rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Wouldn't go any further up the m50 than tallaght to try keep that commute down. Mornings are generally OK (ish) going south, but north in the evenings is ****ing brutal.

Depends on your budget really, if you want to be on the luas Stepaside might suit but it's a bit remote. Other direction moving into town the rent will start to skyrocket, but again if you can afford it it'd be a better spot to set up shop imo.

Alternatively go the other direction down the m50, out to bray or Greystones. Say you'd be stretching it to get back down there in a half hour in the evenings though. Never done that route myself so can't give any direct advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

D’oh. Sorry. Will look properly in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

trompele wrote: »
    Hi,

Any comments?

Don't know where you currently live but Tullyvale in cabinteely is probably the cheapest nice enough area while being handy on the luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Alternatively go the other direction down the m50, out to bray or Greystones. Say you'd be stretching it to get back down there in a half hour in the evenings though. Never done that route myself so can't give any direct advice.

Traffic northbound from Bray/Greystones is horrendous in the mornings. You'd need to leave very very early to beat it. I live in Tallaght and commute to Bray, 30 mins door to door at 7.30am. I have colleagues living locally who leave before me and arrive after me. Likewise southbound in the evenings is like a car park on the m11. I'd recommend trying to live as close as possible to Sandyford. Tallaght or Ballycullen would be a fine commute if you can't afford Sandyford area

Advertisement