Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turbo Mafia Championships

• 18-02-2018 8:12pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it begins again.... we as a community have been invited to partake in the following:
    So the 1st annual Turbo Mafia Championship has started, and I was hoping you might be willing to spread the word amongst your friends from your home community? Any help would be greatly appreciated, but if you'd rather not, I of course understand :)

To be clear, this is separate from the regular Championship. It's a 1-month thing where everyone is invited to play in turbos. By playing in turbos from now and until March 19th they'll automatically rack up leaderboard points and thus be in contention to win the title of Mafia Turbo Champion 2018. But as always, it's mostly for fun - and it's a great chance for people to dive into some cross-community fun without it being too much of a commitment, as these games last a maximum of 90 minutes.

There is both an Individual and Community Leaderboard. I.e. if people from your community do well, then they can also win the Best Community Award!

Basically if anyone from boards is interested in mixing it with others from different communities this is a good chance to do so :D

Any amount of us can join, and there's even community leaderboards so could be a bit of laugh.

More info here: Turbo Mafia Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That sounds good in theory; ive never heard good things about the inter community games though.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:
    That sounds good in theory; ive never heard good things about the inter community games though.....

Ah it's not too bad. Played a game there last night and it was friendly enough. Anything like these competitions are gonna be competitive but it's fun to run through a quick game if you have a spare hour or so.

Good practice for the world championships later in the year which I heard you were gonna rep Boards for this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necrominus wrote: »
    Ah it's not too bad. Played a game there last night and it was friendly enough. Anything like these competitions are gonna be competitive but it's fun to run through a quick game if you have a spare hour or so.

Good practice for the world championships later in the year which I heard you were gonna rep Boards for this year ;)

You filthy liar. I cannot separate myself enough from that last comment.

Advertisement