boards.ie Mobile
Page 25 of 25
« First < 15232425
Gaming (General)>Monster Hunter World
Generic Dreadhead 16:51 15-02-2018 (2 Thanks)
Finished the main storyline.

The Handler has got to be one of the most annoying, useless, grating, f**king idiots in the history of games I've played.

Now onto High Rank
[Quote] [Thank]
Sephiroth_dude 16:54 15-02-2018
Originally Posted by Generic Dreadhead:

The Handler has got to be one of the most annoying, useless, grating, f**king idiots in the history of games I've played.

Now onto High Rank
How was the last boss?
[Quote] [Thank]
Generic Dreadhead 17:02 15-02-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude:
How was the last boss?
If you're talking about Spoiler: the 2nd Zoro Magdoras encounter I afk'd it and had a smoke break cause it was sh!te and annoying.
The 1st one of those encounters nearly broke my will to live. The randomers who responded to my SOS did the heavy lifting
[Quote] [Thank]
M!Ck^ 19:00 15-02-2018

Now onto High Rank
How many hours to complete the game?
[Quote] [Thank]
jaxxx 21:29 15-02-2018
Spoiler: Zorah Magdaros' quest has got to be the most boring Elder Dragon hunt I have ever even seen let alone played. I've seen vids of similar Elder Dragon quests from the old games going back to the PS2/PSP and even they had some depth to them. Before World the closest similar hunt I had was Spoiler: Ceadeus on Tri on the Wii. Spoiler: The first part of the quest was pelting it with ballistas and cannon balls but the difference here was that you had to specifically time your ballista binder shots and dragonator shots because it would attack the ship at specific times and if you didn't time the shot right, it would damage the ship and enough damage and the quest was failed. The second part of that quest you fired ballistas at it or you went out and attacked its legs with your weapons.

Hands down the biggest disappointment of the game is this quest. Though I will say at least the true final boss helps to win some points back in the game's favour and then some.
[Quote] [Thank]
Xyo 21:45 15-02-2018

Now onto High Rank
If you're just getting to high rank you're about half way through the story 😀 enjoy
[Quote] [Thank]
Generic Dreadhead 10:15 16-02-2018
Originally Posted by M!Ck^:
How many hours to complete the game?
I can only speak about myself, but I was playing with some friends and doing loads of side quests and hanging about the hub world and so on. For me it was about 30 hours. But I reckon it could be done in about 20 if you're more diligent and don't spend a boat load of time arsing about and crafting armour and stuff.

Originally Posted by Xyo:
If you're just getting to high rank you're about half way through the story �� enjoy
Ah fair enough. I thought that was the end of the main story given how it played out. I know there's been talk of elder dragons though, wasn't sure if that was "main story" or "post campaign end-game"
[Quote] [Thank]
YouSavedMyLife 11:23 16-02-2018
Just killed Tempered Kirin, that's the game cleared right?
[Quote] [Thank]
OptimusTractor 23:14 16-02-2018
Oy!
Oyyy!
[Quote] [Thank]
nix 23:26 16-02-2018
Originally Posted by OptimusTractor:
Oy!
Oyyy!
[Quote] [Thank]
jaxxx 01:28 17-02-2018
Originally Posted by YouSavedMyLife:
Just killed Tempered Kirin, that's the game cleared right?
Hehe... nope!

I am soooo f*cking done trying to learn the Charge Blade! It's too complicated, way too many different combos and moves to learn! I give up! 2 days and I'm still rubbish with it. Yes I can kill things with it but at like 1.5 times the length of time it takes me usually. As awesome as the super amped element discharge is and the overwhelming feeling of badass-ery it gives you, my brain cannot perform at the speed to try and keep up with its complicated nature! ARGH! Back to me good old LS... ah LS...

Still don't have an armour set I'm happy with yet, right now I'm rocking full Nergigante just cos it looks awesome. Spoiler: Plus I have yet to fight any tempered elders and unlock augmenting... Plus I have to farm Black Diablos and I hate that whore so much! Plus I'm struggling to unlock tier 1 and 2 tempereds anyway! Plus I really want the rocksteady mantle which means fighting the tempered elders. Plus... ARGH!!!
[Quote] [Thank]
nix 01:32 17-02-2018
Whats the difference between the tempered monsters and the normal variants?
[Quote] [Thank]
jaxxx 01:37 17-02-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by nix:
Whats the difference between the tempered monsters and the normal variants?
Tempered are a lot more powerful (low rank - hit with a car -> high rank - hit with a locomotive carrying kerosene tankers -> tempered - hit with a nuke), but their HP is the same as their regular high rank counterparts. I'm assuming G-Rank isn't gonna be introduced in World, so essentially tempered monsters are gonna be World's version of G-Rank without the extra scaling health.

Current event bounty at the moment includes 5 tempered hunts. Gonna earn that golden ticket the hard way this time round guy 'n' gals!
[Quote] [Thank]
OptimusTractor 11:39 17-02-2018
Originally Posted by nix:
How drunk was I last night. I must have been crafting as that is what the smithy and his crew shout when you give them a job.
[Quote] [Thank]
nix 12:29 17-02-2018
Originally Posted by OptimusTractor:
How drunk was I last night. I must have been crafting as that is what the smithy and his crew shout when you give them a job.
lol

It went completely over my head, probably because i always skip through any repeat dialogue or the crafting/cooking scenes.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 25 of 25
« First < 15232425

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet